What's new

Discussion X-ray combos for your character

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
So I've been poking around several combo threads in my quest for the swaggiest combos in this game and X-ray combos more than fit the bill in that department. In most combo threads however, X-ray combos aren't mentioned.

The purpose of this thread is for you to list the highest damaging or most practical X-ray combo for your character (off of a 50/50 for instance may not be the highest damage possible, but is still practical).

"DDutchguy why would I spend my whole bar on a single combo when I could do a single combo instead and still have a breaker?"

At some point in time, there WILL be a moment where you'll have to release the power of breaking bones to quickly get large damage to finish off a match. Will it happen often? No. But imagine you're on low health and the other person has like 45% health left. You have 3 bars and with an X-ray combo, there may be a chance for you to end the match the next time you land a hit.

"DDutchguy I have two bar combos that deal more if not equal damage to an X-ray combo."

There is an immensely specific situation where the X-ray combo will be a better choice, and that's when your two bar combo gives the opponent more bar than your X-ray combo will. If your opponent sits on say, 1.8 bars and you do your two-bar combo, they may be able to break midway through because of the extra meter they build for getting hit . Even more so, they may break after you just spent your second bar, making you waste it. If you use an X-ray combo, they may be just shy of 2 bars so you still get very high damage and while the opponent will be unable to break it.

I only want to know X-ray combos for the swag points honestly. Liu Kang community I need your help.

"DDutchguy my character has been nerfed."

SaltShaker please go back to the Cyber Sub forums :DOGE

Last edited:

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
I'm sure someone will prove me wrong and make me look silly but, to my knowledge, the highest damage X-Ray combo for Necromancer Shinnok is (JIP)312~Xray for 46% (without JIP).

For Swag, I am partial to the B3 boot so B3, F22~Xray looks pretty neat. I think it does 42%. If you catch someone at the highest point in their jump with last hit of Hell Sparks I believe you can Xray them. Don't know damage off the top of my head.

DDutchguy

I'm sure someone will prove me wrong and make me look silly but, to my knowledge, the highest damage X-Ray combo for Necromancer Shinnok is (JIP)312~Xray for 46% (without JIP).
Wouldn't be surprised honestly. Shinnok has very little in terms of good launchers that he doesn't need a bar for.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

For Swag, I am partial to the B3 boot so B3, F22~Xray looks pretty neat. I think it does 42%. If you catch someone at the highest point in their jump with last hit of Hell Sparks I believe you can Xray them. Don't know damage off the top of my head.
In the corner you can b3 312 x ray for 47 lol

Jolt

Uprise
Mileena (going off memory here)

F343 run 4 roll jik~telekick~xray 53% I believe.

By the time you would use this in a set, f3 is totally guaranteed to hit anyway.

^Midscreen. Obviously in the corner, you'd just use one of the 1 bar high damage combos off of f343

DDutchguy

Mileena (going off memory here)

F343 run 4 roll jik~telekick~xray 53% I believe.

By the time you would use this in a set, f3 is totally guaranteed to hit anyway.

^Midscreen. Obviously in the corner, you'd just use one of the 1 bar high damage combos off of f343
Does she have anything off of her low starter or B12~roll that leads to good damage?

Jolt

Uprise
Does she have anything off of her low starter or B12~roll that leads to good damage?
Admittedly, I have no idea. Low starter isn't hit confirmable so I never labbed that one out and I haven't used a B12 xray combo in a while, the same combo should work. If I had to *guess*, I expect it'd do 42-45%, someone would have to test in game to be sure.

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
For Balanced Kenshi (the only variation where you would ever use x-ray), he can get an easy 50-51%.

B1 into db1, f32 x-ray

B1 is a good footsie normal for Kenshi.

E

Eldriken

I'd list something for Kotal Kahn, but I've never done a combo into an X-Ray unless it was by accident or to end a match. If it was to end a match, it was probably something dumb like b14~X-Ray. :p

I don't even know what the damage would be, but what I'd aim for is jip f2 f2 f2 (fourth f2 if in the corner) b14~X-Ray. Maybe do db4 beforehand for the extra damage on the jip and first two f2.

I think there is a backlash against X-Ray combos for some reason... but if it wins you the game... I do not understand why people do not use it. Many x-Ray combos can go above 50%.. easy some as high as 80s and some characters like say Mileena or D'vorah are not hugely meter based or like Kotal Khan who can build meter in a blink of an eye.

In a game like MK where it is all about momentum and "his then her turn" I just do not see why closing out the round or the game with a massive combo isn't the norm. Like you can easily loose the game even if they have a small amount of health left. Particularly with 1 touch monsters like Quan or Cyborg.

I think the incorporation of X-Ray into the combos is the next step in the evolution of MKx play... The breaker is important in this game, no doubt, but if they are dead you do not need breaker. I feel that the thinking on this is a little outdated and is a left over from mk9.

I mean the amount of time I have seen some pro player punishing someone in the corner and ending in knock down when Xray would kill... . . I think many games are lost when they shouldn't be if they used this tactic.