What's new

Discussion X-ray combos for your character

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I think there is a backlash against X-Ray combos for some reason... but if it wins you the game... I do not understand why people do not use it. Many x-Ray combos can go above 50%.. easy some as high as 80s and some characters like say Mileena or D'vorah are not hugely meter based or like Kotal Khan who can build meter in a blink of an eye.

In a game like MK where it is all about momentum and "his then her turn" I just do not see why closing out the round or the game with a massive combo isn't the norm. Like you can easily loose the game even if they have a small amount of health left. Particularly with 1 touch monsters like Quan or Cyborg.

I think the incorporation of X-Ray into the combos is the next step in the evolution of MKx play... The breaker is important in this game, no doubt, but if they are dead you do not need breaker. I feel that the thinking on this is a little outdated and is a left over from mk9.

I mean the amount of time I have seen some pro player punishing someone in the corner and ending in knock down when Xray would kill... . . I think many games are lost when they shouldn't be if they used this tactic.
I think X-Rays do have a great use in closing out matches since opponents can't break out of it. Some like ninjutsu Scorpion if his is blocked most will attempt to punish it and he can f2 and get a free combo which is a pseudo frame trap in a way as its neutral on block but where he lands is ideal. However some people feel like the dmg ain't rewarding for 3 bars. Anyways on the topic at hand ninjutsu f2, b2, b2 leads to about 40% dmg from my knowledge

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

The be honest the only ones I'll use are probably Liu's, Jax's, and Tremor's.

Especially Tremors, ending a combo with f3 into X-Ray is just sex.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sub-Zero's is good. It only does 31% so pretty low damaging for an X-Ray, but its a parry and jails a 50/50 on block, so it basically gives you three chances.