What's new

Would you welcome NPC fights on Story Mode back?

Would you?

• Total voters
He blocked you ? He’s acting sad and super unprofessional
To be fair to him I was super salty by that bait and switch with Baraka because in the KP2 Shadow teaser that is def his Silhouette standing there. Heated words about the npcs were said and rather than argue back he blocked me, I hear He left NRS anyway so whatever.

Still at least I'm not that crazy Reiko fan that made threats against Shaun Himmerick's Family (causing him to leave Twitter entirely). Or the guy Lansdown replied to that demanded the female outfits fit his standards or he would lose respect for NRS.

...Twitter's a great place.

No. I don't want to be teased with a Nightwolf fight just to end up with blue balls. If they go through the trouble of modelling him and giving him moves then i want him to be playable.

I also don't see why anybody in the roster should waste their time in multiple rounds fights against generic Tarkatans warriors/Black Dragon members/Special Forces grunts. Those are fodder that are supposed to be dispatched without even thinking. That stuff works better in Shaolin Monks type of game. They don't have their place in a fighting game in my opinion.

100% agree with NRS' decision on this one.

Wouldn't call that a nice thing, Characters still jobbed twice in Story.

Then you had stupid writing near the end. Kotal refusing to work together because reasons, Reptile's Acid Spit getting a hard nerf once he spits it at Takeda. Cassie saves her Daddy from Shinnok via bs Green Magic instead of all four Kids working together to fight him.

Qaesen

Tarkatan Gunslinger
I have to agree with what @Pterodactyl said. Fighting some mooks like random Tarkatans would be nice and avoid making characters into jobbers (cough cough Erron Black, Baraka, Reptile, Kano, Sheeva, Ermac, Ferra/Torr). I'd totally be down with it.

But making characters that aren't playable, like Rain or Baraka from MKX, is just kinda shitty. Having them appear in cutscenes is one thing, but fighting against them without getting to play as them was kinda cruel

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I have to agree with what @Pterodactyl said. Fighting some mooks like random Tarkatans would be nice and avoid making characters into jobbers (cough cough Erron Black, Baraka, Reptile, Kano, Sheeva, Ermac, Ferra/Torr). I'd totally be down with it.
It really wouldn't. Not by itself. Like, I see what you guys are getting at, but this would only cut down on how much jobbing characters do -- it wouldn't change who the jobbers are. Instead of Erron, Kano, Kabal, and Noob losing 2 fights each and not winning any, they'll lose 1 fight each and not win any.

The way you make bad guys not seem like jobbers is by letting (some of) them be playable, and by building them up in cutscenes in storymode. No one thought Shao Kahn was a jobber in MK9, and he lost the 2 fights he was in. But we know that he's a bad-ass because of context.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
They can lose as much as they need to, but they need to have a presence. Goro was more of a jobber in mk9 than Ermac was because Ermac was presented as an actual threat. They lost the same amount but Goro did significantly less overall.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Cassie is the most popular character to come out of MKX. They're not going to erase her from the timeline.
They can lose as much as they need to, but they need to have a presence. Goro was more of a jobber in mk9 than Ermac was because Ermac was presented as an actual threat. They lost the same amount but Goro did significantly less overall.
Yes, they build Ermac up pretty good, only for him to be a jobber against FUCKING Stryker... Every character who lost to stryker is probably a character Ed Boon doesn't care about.

Really hate that good-guys always win shit. A child could write better than that.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Stryker taking out Kintaro was insane.

They need to ditch the "chapter" aspect entirely. A good guy losing a fight doesn't mean they have to die. Baraka beats Johnny, but before he can kill him Sonya throws in a flashbang or something.

RothVI

d2 Spammer
I'm against having actual characters as NPCs, but it would be cool to fight those warriors that were with Shao Kahn in the story trailer.

Last edited:

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Nah, I was heavily disappointed when we fought Rain, Sindel and Baraka in MKX, and then did NOT get them as DLC later down the line. Also seeing characters like Fujin and Sareena, and them only being NPC's, it just didn't feel right to me.

I'm glad they decided not to do the same in IJ2, and I hope they'll stick to it in MK11 as well.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Nah, I was heavily disappointed when we fought Rain, Sindel and Baraka in MKX, and then did NOT get them as DLC later down the line. Also seeing characters like Fujin and Sareena, and them only being NPC's, it just didn't feel right to me.

I'm glad they decided not to do the same in IJ2, and I hope they'll stick to it in MK11 as well.
...you hope that Fujin isn't in the story? You hope that we never see Nightwolf, Smoke, Sindel and Liu Kang's army is just Kabal and Jade? You hope that all of Kotal Kahn's Outworld allies are just inexplicably missing?

Everyone in the MK universe except for 25 specific characters should just randomly stop existing for a while?

Bruh. :/

Baraka does not beat Johnny, fam.
Reptile being the first character to job followed immediately by Baraka is one of the dumbest things in MK9.

Why is Baraka even at the Earthrealm tournament, why is Sheeva there?! MK9 was dumb.

...you hope that Fujin isn't in the story? You hope that we never see Nightwolf, Smoke, Sindel and Liu Kang's army is just Kabal and Jade? You hope that all of Kotal Kahn's Outworld allies are just inexplicably missing?

Everyone in the MK universe except for 25 specific characters should just randomly stop existing for a while?

Bruh. :/
Are Kotals allies sole contribution to the story showing up for 5 minutes then getting their heads chopped off by Shao Kahn's Forces?

Yeah I dont think I'd like that. I would rather they not show up for that to happen.

Ghost of The Moon

One with the air.
It'd be welcomed. That's why it makes the fights special: Rarity, and non-playable opponents. The MKX fights were lack-luster though, compared to MK9!