What's new

Would you still want to see your favorite character in the game even if they played horribly?

Would you still want your FAVORITE character in the game even if they played horribly?

• Yes, better to have them in there then not at all

Votes: 49 58.3%
  • No, what's the point if they're going to disrespect them

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Undecided, hard to say

Votes: 11 13.1%

• Total voters

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I like a lot of characters that are not guaranteed to be in every game so idk but I am also one of those who will play whoever they like no matter how bad they are.

Even though he isn't a MK character Jason is a good example for me. I love Jason as a guest but since I didn't really enjoy MKX that was kind of a big waste for me since we know NRS isn't going to do double guests. If it was up to me I would have much rather have had him in this game than in X because I prefer how 11 plays. Same with the cyborgs. I guess the same could be said for other characters I like though some are so obscure/unpopular I would take them any chance I get like Drahmin/Moloch/Onaga.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
If Sheeva was in this game i would most definitely play her regardless of how she compares to the cast. Was hot garbage in MK9 but i still mained her. Hopeful that the datamines amount to something and she does make it in as DLC. Whether shes top-tier or a flaming diaper bin adjustments can always be made in later patches.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Welcome to the club of those whose mains aren't considered roster stables.
We have tea and cookies. But they can taste bitter about every other game though.
i think Nrs should never eliminate their badass characters so easily, i don't know whose idea to eliminate Ermac and put Jacqui or eliminate Jade and put Ferra Torr.. but these kind of decisions doesn't work well. At the other hand putting Jade or Mileena variation to Kitana is not a good idea, why are they keep doing this shit, i don't know. What is next? Skarlet variation for Kitana in MK12? Also i don't think Skarlet is an alternate to Ermac, Jade is not an alternate to Reptile? What is the reason to think in that way? Same colors? Come on..

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
If I can deal with the release versions of MKX Mileena and Kitana I can deal with anything.

Rather have them than not. They make the game feel complete for me.

mook

Noob
The only way I‘d not play Rain is if they like completely changed him. Like if he played like Skarlet and had like 4 projectiles I‘d probably find it hard to enjoy it.

But otherwise I really wouldn‘t care, all of the characters I like to play aren‘t that great so it is what it is.

it's heavily skewed towards better to have them in than not at all. you guys just like your characters in the form of shit on a silver platter? i definitely wouldn't want cyrax or ermac in mk11. they already ruined part of scorpion's identity and all they seem to care about is his teleport.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Yup. My main hypes were Shao Kahn, Movie Shang, Sindel and Ash. They are all awesome to me so far but people have always said Shao Kahn sucks lol. I'm glad he's in, my mk11 style in general is based mostly around him and his moves because that's how i learned to play. I hope Ash is good if he comes eventually, even if he "sucks" i'll still learn and play him.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
there is no way Spawn will not be, at least, ultra fun to use .... NRS has been very competent in adapting guests to MK franchise, in both look and gameplay wise .... all of them, Freddy, Predator, Alien, Leatherface, Jason and now Terminator, were well done/made if comparing with the source material, so, they will nail down again with Joker and Spawn .... :cool:

100% sure about it ! ;)
They absolutely did amazing jobs with all of those characters. I´m getting hype just thinking about what all they can do with Spawns cape. Why is march not tomorrow lol

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
They absolutely did amazing jobs with all of those characters. I´m getting hype just thinking about what all they can do with Spawns cape. Why is march not tomorrow lol
I was about to ask who you're excited for but your avatar makes it pretty obvious haha. I wonder how much Spawn will sell, if he'll be the highest paid DLC for MK 11?

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
I guess I’m one of the few that voted no. After playing and sticking with my favorite low tiers for long periods of time in other games im at the point where I need my characters to be at least mid-tier/viable before I put time into them.

Even if the character is my favorite and I can do work with them it just ends up becoming frustrating and eventually makes me not enjoy the game.

Art Lean

Noob
Absolutely.

For me it's no different than if a new movie or tv series didn't feature your favourite character as prominently as you like - it's still good to see them in any capacity.

Accordingly, I'd still enjoy seeing them in story-mode to discover their fate, to fight against them and see their battle interactions and to have some fun unlocking my ideal cosmetics for them.

I main as Kabal in this game, yet I've just never ever been a fan of the character prior. However his characterisation and voice really came alive in this game (love his wise-ass attitude) and became one of the first appealing things, plus I could finally have him look less ridiculous than he did in the last few games (my pursuit of the classic MK3 mask - now actually form-fitting, I might add - is what probably started me down the road of playing him so much after unlocking his unburnt skins) then discovered I just loved how he played.

I used to be a big Sub Zero player in the old school games, hardly touch him in this one. In fact, not sure I even have a favourite character anymore. Reptile was mine in MK2, and Subz in 1,3 and 4, after that I just kind of just played them all without any major loyalty to any single character.

So although I don't have a favourite anymore per say, any characters I do love I'd rather see present than not for the reasons previously stated.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I kinda want to actually say no, I wouldn’t want to see them. For example, before the 2017 Justice League movie, I was bummed that we wouldn’t get Hal Jordan GL or MMH on the team. But after Zach Snyder had already ruined Batman (which made Ben Affleck leave) and Superman (possibly made Henry Cavil leave), then the Justice League movie came out and also ruined Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman (who James Wan saved), I was happy to not see GL and MMH get ruined too. I’d rather see it done right or not at all.

Art Lean

Noob
For me it's no different than if a new movie or tv series didn't feature your favourite character as prominently as you like - it's still good to see them in any capacity.
Just realised I need to clarify a bit on this comparison because Mortal Kombat Annihilation itself is admittedly an exception to that rule by throwing in everyone they can cram without any purpose and was one of the many things that made the movie absolutely godawful.

The comparison I was trying to make was akin to Jax in the first movie; where he didn't really do much, but he was there, in an accurate role, fulfilling his lore-accurate duty, but as a cameo. It didn't feel shoe-horned in, it wasn't needless bloat, he didn't need to fight, it was just a case of him being Sonya's partner, then for the sake of MK1's story he didn't need to be in it any further... but it was nice to see him. I was absolutely fine with that and why I'd rather have, say, Reptile in the game and not use him but see him engaging with everyone and the story, than not having him at all.

The Mortal Kombat Annihilation method of "THROW IN EVERYONE IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!! THE KIDS WILL LOVE IT!!!! MORE CHARACTERS! THEY DON'T NEED ROLES OR BACKSTORY! JUST PUT THEM IN THERE! MORE! MOOOOOOOORE!" was not what I meant.

MKF30

I guess I’m one of the few that voted no. After playing and sticking with my favorite low tiers for long periods of time in other games im at the point where I need my characters to be at least mid-tier/viable before I put time into them.

Even if the character is my favorite and I can do work with them it just ends up becoming frustrating and eventually makes me not enjoy the game.
No worries you're not the only one to vote no.

I kinda want to actually say no, I wouldn’t want to see them. For example, before the 2017 Justice League movie, I was bummed that we wouldn’t get Hal Jordan GL or MMH on the team. But after Zach Snyder had already ruined Batman (which made Ben Affleck leave) and Superman (possibly made Henry Cavil leave), then the Justice League movie came out and also ruined Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman (who James Wan saved), I was happy to not see GL and MMH get ruined too. I’d rather see it done right or not at all.
I blame Josh wheton for JL honestly. Bvs the rated r cut was much better than the theatrical cut which WB made snyder cut due to time. WW was also epic. Ben was an alright batman but he also didnt look like his heart was in it either. To be fair he was going thru a divorce at the time. I would also blame wb alot more than snyder due to them rushing JL to compete with marvel. Snyder's batman is super dark, gritty and jaded. Josh's was goofy, cracking jokes and too lighthearted. Let's hope the new batman isnt emo batman. Theres also JL snyder cut which was darker, longer and had darkseid but again WB made him cut it even though he left the movie due to his daughter's suicide.

Yes and it will never change for me. I have a different mindset. I actually don't care how subzero plays before release. I will play him in every MK. It's fun for me to figure out his playstyle each game. Even if it's tough to use him I will always find a way to make it work. So I don't go into each game looking for a specific playstyle. Just a character I like.

MKF30

Yes and it will never change for me. I have a different mindset. I actually don't care how subzero plays before release. I will play him in every MK. It's fun for me to figure out his playstyle each game. Even if it's tough to use him I will always find a way to make it work. So I don't go into each game looking for a specific playstyle. Just a character I like.
Thanks for posting bud.

I think there's different types of players:

Those that are loyal to a character and play them no matter what, be it play style or how good/bad they are.
Those that are loyal to an archetype, doesn't matter who they are so long as they're a zoner/rushdown/setup etc.
And those that don't give a crap about anything so long as they're top tier to get some easy wins.

Some people luck out and get a character they like and they're top tier, so get the best of both.

As with you i'd fall into #1, i play kitana/raiden, and despite all the shit they get for being crap, i'd still rather play them over kollector whom i have no interest in his character/design or playstyle.

Last edited:

MKF30

I think there's different types of players:

Those that are loyal to a character and play them no matter what, be it play style or how good/bad they are.
Those that are loyal to an archetype, doesn't matter who they are so long as they're a zoner/rushdown/setup etc.
And those that don't give a crap about anything so long as they're top tier to get some easy wins.

Some people luck out and get a character they like and they're top tier, so get the best of both.

As with you i'd fall into #1, i play kitana/raiden, and despite all the shit they get for being crap, i'd still rather play them over kollector whom i have no interest in his character/design or playstyle.
Good point.