What's new

Would You pay MK10 Online Subscription Fee to maintain Patches?

Would You pay MK10 Online Subscription Fee to maintain Patches?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Everybody hated the MK9 Kombat pass.

It seems that in order to play MK10 we will need:

PS4 - £350
PS+ - £40
MK10 - Potentially £50 for the Vanilla game -------------------- That's £440 already.
( Not forgetting MK10 Kollector's edition which could be £100 )
The Kombat Pass was basically a key, you could play Offline fine, but in order to play Online, you needed to pay an extra £10 to unlock the Online features that were on your disc, hence their unpopularity. My idea comes from an MMO viewpoint....

Instead of having a Kombat Pass, which I think has been scrapped for PS4 anyway, you purchase the game and then pay £10 a month to play Online. The money from this £10 a month sub fee could be used to help pay for balance patches to maintain the game. You could argue that WB/NRS has loads a money and should pay for patches themselves.... Look at Injustice.... Since IGUA came out, all the attention has been for that game. People would still be playing MK9 if it had up to date patches. Will die MK10 when Injustice 2 comes out?

187x

Noob
Everybody hated the MK9 Kombat pass.

It seems that in order to play MK10 we will need:

PS4 - £350
PS+ - £40
MK10 - Potentially £50 for the Vanilla game -------------------- That's £440 already.
( Not forgetting MK10 Kollector's edition which could be £100 )
The Kombat Pass was basically a key, you could play Offline fine, but in order to play Online, you needed to pay an extra £10 to unlock the Online features that were on your disc, hence their unpopularity. My idea comes from an MMO viewpoint....

Instead of having a Kombat Pass, which I think has been scrapped for PS4 anyway, you purchase the game and then pay £10 a month to play Online. The money from this £10 a month sub fee could be used to help pay for balance patches to maintain the game. You could argue that WB/NRS has loads a money and should pay for patches themselves.... Look at Injustice.... Since IGUA came out, all the attention has been for that game. People would still be playing MK9 if it had up to date patches. Will die MK10 when Injustice 2 comes out?
Someone knows the future

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Seems like a good idea on the face of it, but I think the way NRS rushes its' patches it would ultimately be more trouble than it's worth

I prefer the street fighter way of supporting itself. 15 bucks every year or two for a massive balance patch and some new content.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

trufenix

bye felicia
I prefer the street fighter way of supporting itself. 15 bucks every year or two for a massive balance patch and some new content.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2
SF receives constant unending support thanks to asia's undying arcade scene. Your 15 dollars is just garnish.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
How about a 10 dollar "Competitive settings" DLC after the game is 3 months old, and another after a year.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
After the game gets released and it doesn't have non-fixable bugs like the input bug and meter bug and crappy online that always shows 4 bars, and it's balanced without kung-lao day 1 95% combos and cyrax resets etc, only then I might consider the posibility of paying extra money to keep the game alive.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
No, then they would have to consider every idiot's opinion on "balance" that pays for it.

NRS just needs to put more money into QA. They have no excuse now with truckloads of money being backed by WB. Also, they should patch MK10 similar to how they're doing with Injustice. How many patches has Injustice had now?

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Point of this question was to see if the kommunity is willing to support the games it plays. It seems that people want their own way all the time, which I think is a bs attitude, and tournaments are not the kommunites way of supporting the game because people do tournaments for their own selfish reasons, be it money, reputation, or ego.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Point of this question was to see if the kommunity is willing to support the games it plays. It seems that people want their own way all the time, which I think is a bs attitude, and tournaments are not the kommunites way of supporting the game because people do tournaments for their own selfish reasons, be it money, reputation, or ego.
So if your not willing to personally pay NRS to do their job every month you aren't supporting the game? Solid logic.