What's new

Video/Tutorial Would you look at that, 100%

Komatose

The Prettiest
That's not a hard knock down believe it or not, haha. Now, if I time it correctly and wait like 3 nano seconds it can hit after the invincible frames are gone but eh.
What isn't? I wasn't talking about a specific move. I was asking you why don't you do a HKD.

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
huh, i honestly have no idea if it is. i feel like it isnt but i cant say anything. And it's his only special he does in the air when he shoots two arrows down.

ando1184

Noob
You do not do a HKD? Because they cannot wakeup after that. If they do, they will get blown up. Well they will get blown up anyway, but even more blown up if they try to do a wakeup. In the week that I've used Green Arrow, not one person has rolled out of or done a wakeup to avoid my super resets. And I play people who actually know the game, as well. Soooo... ?
Even with a hard knock down, they can wakeup and avoid the super. An invincible wakeup will get out of it, even GA's slide on wakeup avoids it.

Komatose

The Prettiest
223 is a hard knock down, but I don't think there is any set up with 223 xx super that is not escape-able (Hard to escape yes, but still escape-able)
No one has ever escaped it when I've done it.

Even with a hard knock down, they can wakeup and avoid the super. An invincible wakeup will get out of it, even GA's slide on wakeup avoids it.
I do not think so... Do you know what a hard knockdown does?

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
A hard kd forces a wake up at the same time and spot every time, but does not remove invinc on wake up moves as far as I know

Sami

Noob
A hard kd forces a wake up at the same time and spot every time, but does not remove invinc on wake up moves as far as I know
Yep, you still get the invincibility frames on a hard knock-down (Raven's combo loops rely on hard knock-downs and they're ruined by invincible wake-ups). Hard knockdown prevents you from tech-rolling to recover quicker - nothing else.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

Green Arrows only hard knockdowns are 223, and D3, that is it. 223 for the Hard Knock down then super is easily escaped by just forward dashing for most characters, lex cannot forward dash it but he can wake up corp charge to avoid it and punish you, in this game the only thing the hard knockdown seems to get you is nullifying their ability to techroll, if your friends can't get out, it's probably because they don't know they can.

- The One True Arrow

Jimmypotato TakeAChance

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
Green Arrows only hard knockdowns are 223, and D3, that is it. 223 for the Hard Knock down then super is easily escaped by just forward dashing for most characters, lex cannot forward dash it but he can wake up corp charge to avoid it and punish you, in this game the only thing the hard knockdown seems to get you is nullifying their ability to techroll, if your friends can't get out, it's probably because they don't know they can.

- The One True Arrow

Jimmypotato TakeAChance
you're missing another hkd the dead on

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
There's no real inescapable super set ups for the super off of a knockdown. None that I know of at least. Really all of his super resets can be escaped in some way, even after freeze.

HKD is good for setting up ambiguous crossups imo but not really with GA. The best he can do is mix dead on with j3 I think.

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
So

just tested your idea out. youve been very lucky nobody dodged you super because it is very punishable. invincible frames still exist with 223 super

7L

Heads up!
99 or 97 in the corner

J2 b2 df2 111 db1 11 ice arrow. 45 depending if both arrows in the db1 hit, 43 if 1 hits. Jump over 2 111 super. After super b3 j3 111 bf3 for 54

Doesnt work on low hit boxes

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
A correction on what I said before on ambiguous crossups. An ice arrow in the corner allows for a pretty good ambiguous crossups setup but the timing is kind of strict. You can freeze, load an ice arrow and then j2 or j3. Both j2 and j3 can be timed differently to hit on either side. It works because of how the freeze animation extends the hitbox backwards. Both can lead to another ice arrow combo to get a nice extension on the damage.

ando1184

Noob
99 or 97 in the corner

J2 b2 df2 111 db1 11 ice arrow. 45 depending if both arrows in the db1 hit, 43 if 1 hits. Jump over 2 111 super. After super b3 j3 111 bf3 for 54

Doesnt work on low hit boxes
I've pulled this off on a Batman player online awhile back, it's very satisfying when you nail this combo.