What's new

Would You Be Willing to Spend $2 More for Registration at Majors to Have All Krypt Items Unlocked?

Would You Be Willing to Pay an Extra $2 at Majors for All Krypt Unlockables?

• Total voters

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Average Registration is usually around $40 Venue and $10 game. Would you guys be okay with paying an extra $2 for all of the costumes, Brutalities, Fatalities, etc.? I say $2 under the assumption that MKX will average 100 entrants at Majors and have about 10 setups. $2 x 100 people=$200. $20=Krypt Unlock DLC. $20 x 10 setups=$200.

I've been thinking about this for awhile. I know a lot of people who can end almost every match with a Brutality if they wanted to, and this could be beneficial for all involved parties: the stream viewers who are tired of seeing "FINISH HIM" *jab*, the players who like to use Brutalities, and the TOs who don't have to come out of pocket for everything to be unlocked.
Brutalities also instantly end the game and take less time than watching generic win poses for those who don't restart the match quick enough.

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
Yes the exact reason I voted for the affirmative. Would add so much more hype allowing the community to grow and flourish even more.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Spending over 400 dollars to travel? Whats another 8 quarters.
^, if I'm spending a bunch of money to travel anyways, what's the harm in an extra 2 bucks? Attracts more hype and lets people use the costumes they want. (Minus the mobile and DLC ones...)

Tim Static

Adminerator
As someone on the TO side, stuff like this is either up to the TO's or the company behind the game. Period. The "customers" shouldn't have to pay extra, even if it's just $2.

Speaking for KombatNetwork, we are already at work at making sure stuff is unlocked one way or another. For instance, the mobile app skins. Another is I bought a copy of the Kollector's Edition minus the Statue for about $100 to make sure we had the Gold Scorpion skin for KN streams. We wouldn't expect or ask players to spend more money for this.

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
Average Registration is usually around $40 Venue and $10 game. Would you guys be okay with paying an extra $2 for all of the costumes, Brutalities, Fatalities, etc.? I say $2 under the assumption that MKX will average 100 entrants at Majors and have about 10 setups. $2 x 100 people=$200. $20=Krypt Unlock DLC. $20 x 10 setups=$200.

I've been thinking about this for awhile. I know a lot of people who can end almost every match with a Brutality if they wanted to, and this could be beneficial for all involved parties: the stream viewers who are tired of seeing "FINISH HIM" *jab*, the players who like to use Brutalities, and the TOs who don't have to come out of pocket for everything to be unlocked.
Brutalities also instantly end the game and take less time than watching generic win poses for those who don't restart the match quick enough.
Can't you just put a save file on dropbox or mediafire and just download someone else's save rather than unlocking all of it? I've almost unlocked all the krypt in MKX for PS4 and would be glad to throw my file up if it can be used.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
As someone on the TO side, stuff like this is either up to the TO's or the company behind the game. Period. The "customers" shouldn't have to pay extra, even if it's just $2.

Speaking for KombatNetwork, we are already at work at making sure stuff is unlocked one way or another. For instance, the mobile app skins. Another is I bought a copy of the Kollector's Edition minus the Statue for about $100 to make sure we had the Gold Scorpion skin for KN streams. We wouldn't expect or ask players to spend more money for this.
I respect and admire your decision to do that, but I as the customer do not mind spending an extra $2 for all of these benefits.

Can't you just put a save file on dropbox or mediafire and just download someone else's save rather than unlocking all of it? I've almost unlocked all the krypt in MKX for PS4 and would be glad to throw my file up if it can be used.
Not sure, but that would be great if so.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
I voted no. Because the first $200 pays for the skins. What does the subsequent $200 dollars pay for when I attend another tournament thrown by the same TO? Once people know you are willing to give them money, they are reluctant to stop taking it when they don't need it. Skins and brutalities don't mean much to me as a player or spectator, but thats just me.

Because it's akin to going out to eat but having to provide your own drinks.
Most resturaunts charge you 2 bucks for that drink. And the brining your own drink comparison is a stretch.

I mean we do bring our own controllers. /joke

Only downside I see to it Is if TOs were going to use the cash anyway toward their upkeep, wouldnt they just use the normal amount and take 2 dollars out.

So instead of 42 - 2 to make fhe 40 count. What about the base 40 and dedicate 2 dollars from that toward unlocks. Venue still walks away with 38.

Im not opposed to it since im no TO and im sure the situation is different from major to major.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
If anyone absolutely needs that extra $2, then they have much bigger problems than fighting games, and should probably be concentrating on their life, not going to tournaments.

100% worth it for many reasons, including for the viewers, which are an important part of the scene. You need viewers to get sponsors to advertise and contribute to pots, and to maintain viewers, you need hype.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Sure. You can even use my XB1 if you want...:coffee:

Tim Static

Adminerator
I respect and admire your decision to do that, but I as the customer do not mind spending an extra $2 for all of these benefits.
Yea but the point is you shouldn't. It's the TO job to provide the game. And if they choose not to provide all skins or unlockables then that's also their choice too. No one is owed having all the odds & ends with the game. The tourney is for the game, and just the game. It would be cool if every console at every event is tricked out w/ all unlocked skins etc, but if it doesn't affect the gameplay it's just isn't that big of a deal.

Vandy

Kumite!
Is it important for every single station to have everything unlocked or just the stream station where it really is all about the hype?

If every single station needs everything I would probably do a separate crowd funding where players can donate in exchange for guaranteeing every setup is fully equipped.

I don't think I would wrap that into the venue fee since at a major tournament there are 10-20 games being played and the total number of people playing MKX is only a percentage of players registered for all games.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』

Good Guy Tim

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Yea but the point is you shouldn't. It's the TO job to provide the game. And if they choose not to provide all skins or unlockables then that's also their choice too. No one is owed having all the odds & ends with the game. The tourney is for the game, and just the game. It would be cool if every console at every event is tricked out w/ all unlocked skins etc, but if it doesn't affect the gameplay it's just isn't that big of a deal.
But you're buying the Gold Scorpion skin, which is even less essential than the Brutalities...

Tim Static

Adminerator
But you're buying the Gold Scorpion skin, which is even less essential than the Brutalities...
Yea but i'm KN. I'm helping make sure we can provide at least our streams w/ as many of the skins as possible. We don't have to, but i feel it helps our streams & helps MK/NRS.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Brutalities and alt costumes are a must IMO. Brutalities are actually really hype surprisingly, fatalities,.. Not so much.