What's new

Would armor on EX Acid Hand be too much?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I know the projectile armor is practically useless but if they gave him real armor on Ex acid hand would it be too over powered? I'm not here to claim Rep desperately needs this or anything but it would finally give him a wakeup game.

Thoughts? ???

RapZiLLa54

youre going to hell just for asking this

lol
hahaha yeah I know. It will probably fill up with NERF dash NERF this NErf that crap but whatever. Its a legit question, again not saying its NEEDED but it would be nice.

I personally don't feel it would be over powered due to this move not covering much distance and you can only get 29% off of it unless you use MORE meter. Would just give him a legit wakeup game but perhaps I'm wrong. I just hate how hes one of the only characters in the game that has a "projectile armor" only move and its a move that travels no where when we have Kabals dash, JC kick, Jax punch, Nightwolf shoulder and the newly rumored Sub Zero Slide that travels 3/4 to full screen.

Theme

Noob
I wouldnt mind. I use his dash as a wakeup game. It works wonders sometimes. They never are ready for it for some odd reason. I dont do it all the time, so its less predictable. I only have trouble against really really good Sub Zero players who always place those damned clones in the perfect spot.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Reptile needs zero buffs. You are nuts.

Only nerf he needs is to allow his foes to recover instantly after dash hits and the force ball glitch.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

RapZiLLa54

What Dancock said.

Also, doesn't EX Acid Hand hit overhead anyways?
Ex and regular hit overhead. EX launches while regular sends across screen.. Not sure why or how that factors into this discussion????

I can't even imagine the hatred that would spew from everyone if they gave EX dash armor lmao

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
before i post, i ALREADY saw people crying thinking about....CRYING! lol so here's the thing to everyone

1-Acid hand is a HORRIBLE wake up. the only use for this is pressure...other wise outside this bracket of pressure and mix ups, the move is aint a big deal at all :S
2-NO! acid hands doesnt already have armor....shame on you if u didnt know that by then ! REALLY shame. it shows a lot lol :S
3-Something people dont know. Acid hands is easily baited, especially in corne rlike against subzero.

If they gave armor acid hand to reptile, then PFFFFT! reptile will be god like! lol. so ya >_> i dont think this will be ever possible

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Armor on EX acid hand would be basically giving him Rain-type pressure defense.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Reptile needs no buffs. He has weaknesses but every character has weaknesses.

Also FUCK ACID HAND ON WAKEUP WHEN I'M TRYING TO ELBOW DASH. I make that mistake so many times I am trying ot elbow dash to avoid crossups or try to enhanced elbow dash out of a corner and normal acid hand comes out instead.

/SALT

Doesn't rain have armor on nearly all his EX specials? IIRC I think teleport is the only one that doesn't.

I guess it's there to compensate for a lack of zoneing tools.

THTB

Rain has armor on his EX teleport as well.

The only move he does not have armor on is EX lightning.

RapZiLLa54

Armor on EX acid hand would be basically giving him Rain-type pressure defense.
Never even looked at it like that, was purely looking at it from a wakeup standpoint. Would be a badass tool to have, drool worthy.

Hopefully Rep gets untouched in this new patch aside from removing the acid ball glitch. Speaking of glitches, do any of you ever encounter the invisible wall in the corner sometimes?? Every now and then when I do a slow ball into dash JIP, I just hit a wall that doesn't allow me to JIP my opponent, only happens in the corner though.

THTB

No, I haven't, but I've experienced d4 beating out Kung Lao's X-Ray.

LMAO >.> Sorry, I just felt like throwing that out there.

RapZiLLa54

haha nice. I'm just gonna throw d4 out like crazy when hes got xray now just to see lol.

THTB

Make sure the Kung is at, like 3%, and the player is Tom Brady, though. :p

J/k, Tom. XD

Altaire

Noob

Shit just got REAL.

Anyway, Reptile doesn't need buffs, not a single goddamn thing. I wouldn't even say he needs nerfs, really. I'm sure he could be toned down a little and still be a top-tier character, but ultimately, he isn't a problem. Raiden, on the other hand...

Rain can make any special have armor by canceling out of exroudhouse into the special. lol sorry a little off topic :p

yeah and reptile should be able to cancel exacidhand to and be able to hold is with 2 like rain does with roundhouse ! could someone give the lizard a hat then :p

but yeah armor on exacidhand would be silly. sub zero got armor on exslide though so this could be the next idea for NRS.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
You know, I think Reptile's alright. I mean, he can compete with Kung Lao and actually punish his spins and put his ass in check. So, by that measure, I think he's fine. I do feel a little guilty having to pull out Reptile when someone picks Kung Lao though, and playing a clutch Reptile against a clutch Kung Lao. But damn it, it works.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Reptile needs no buffs. He has weaknesses but every character has weaknesses.

Also FUCK ACID HAND ON WAKEUP WHEN I'M TRYING TO ELBOW DASH. I make that mistake so many times I am trying ot elbow dash to avoid crossups or try to enhanced elbow dash out of a corner and normal acid hand comes out instead.

/SALT
OHH YA!!! OHH YA!! haha i lost a round to u and THTB because of that...OHH YA! lol

By the way reptile players...be prepared for a new OKI for reptile :) and it does WONDERS against Subzero and well as new maneuvering system for reptile....i did it in the SJ5 in some casuals but people didnt notice , so i was REALLY happy that people had no idea what i was even doin :)

REPTILE LUV! lol

OHH YA!!! OHH YA!! haha i lost a round to u and THTB because of that...OHH YA! lol

By the way reptile players...be prepared for a new OKI for reptile :) and it does WONDERS against Subzero and well as new maneuvering system for reptile....i did it in the SJ5 in some casuals but people didnt notice , so i was REALLY happy that people had no idea what i was even doin :)

REPTILE LUV! lol
can we get a video teef, good stuff with your kenshi..best ive seen so far

what is thi s new oki your teasing us with