What's new

Worst Variation of MKX?

Which is irredeemably bad?

• Total voters

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Unstoppable jason, spectral and mystic ermac, migh tech jacqui, unbreakable sub zero, inferno scorpion, fisticuffs cage. Not all are bad but useless compared to the other variations.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I feel like Sun God Kotal is the worst variation in the game. I main him and I lose, so the fault must lie with SG. Let's see.. For buffs:

Make f2 + on block, also reduce startup to 6f.

Start with all three charges of chokeahoe.

Two hits of armor on EX Chokeahoe. Also 5% more damages.

Something something safe armored launcher.

Profit.
Are you serious or just trolling? SG, worst variation? ......... Also, your suggestions aren't realistic or fair. Perhaps the one starting with three charges of chokeahoe and even then I'd say start with one level of charge. Just give EX disc armor and reduce the startup frames on his command grab somewhat and he's more than fine

Are you serious or just trolling? SG, worst variation? ......... Also, your suggestions aren't realistic or fair. Perhaps the one starting with three charges of chokeahoe and even then I'd say start with one level of charge. Just give EX disc armor and reduce the startup frames on his command grab somewhat and he's more than fine
He already said he was joking

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
very poor choice of variations.
Sucks for you, doesn't it?

The only thing Unstoppable Jason does better than the rest of the cast is lose. :|
True dat.

At this point picking fisticuffs Johnny is like picking no variation.
This exactly.

High tech Jacky, Spectral Ermac, MOS Raiden, Unstopable Jason, Lasher Takeda, those are really bad variations.
Not Lasher... Lasher is actually pretty good. I thought he removed it.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I'm glad noone votes Ravenous (and hey, plz dont click on that when u read this comment). It's decent in comparison to other two variations of her, and Ravenous can rape a lot of shitty, poorly designed variations in this game

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Lasher suck alot, he has all the same as SR but SR has the teleport so no point in using Lasher.
not true. lasher is really solid
air game on point, better "mixups" than SR, better meterless damage, faster armor, and better AA.
I don't know Takeda that well. those are just my impressions

Yeah it's not so much bad as it is useless. It's about chip and pressure. A-List has better pressure, SD has better chip. The brass knuckles are baller as fuck but that's it.
its chip kinda sucks anyway. After 3 hits of speedbag, you whiff and are open to punish(might be character and stance specific, but 4 for sure), assuming they didnt armor after hit 2. its only like 1.5% chip and 333 is a base string does more than that. fist bump isnt very useful since its effect is so short. Its really like almost playing variationless johnny against alot of matchups, aside form the token fist bump and full screen fireball chip you might get. Before I stopped playing it, i found i was using 1, 11, f24, throw pressure instead of speedbag because it seemed safer and didnt push the enemy away

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
its chip kinda sucks anyway. After 3 hits of speedbag, you whiff and are open to punish(might be character and stance specific, but 4 for sure), assuming they didnt armor after hit 2. its only like 1.5% chip and 333 is a base string does more than that. fist bump isnt very useful since its effect is so short. Its really like almost playing variationless johnny against alot of matchups, aside form the token fist bump and full screen fireball chip you might get. Before I stopped playing it, i found i was using 1, 11, f24, throw pressure instead of speedbag because it seemed safer and didnt push the enemy away
Yeah I agree. Fisticuffs was fun until they castrated it for no reason. Even pre patch it wasn't s good as A-List. :(
Do speed bag against reptiles ex slide reversal if you want to feel depressed.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
The "faster armor" is the only thing true about lasher (in comparison to SR)
Lasher can jump back 1 or 2 and with those ranges its a very respectable force which he can convert off. He absolutely controls the air, you can't jump on lasher and he can punish easier with that range on a read with a jump back 1/2 if he thinks you will advance. Also a 22% armored AA can really condition the opponent into not jumping often. The trip is 18 frames on startup which is very close to un-reactable. And leads to full combo if you bet the bar. However it is unsafe unlike the kunai, but in lasher he also has the kunai to use should the opponent start punishing the trip. The best meterless I've seen from SR is a 34%. I've seen lasher do 39% (granted it was situational) however their one and two bar damage is at least comparable. Like I said earlier, idk Takeda that well. If anything I said is wrong lmk, admitting when I'm wrong is important, especially when I could learn something.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
In 1st Place: Unstoppable (Jason)
In 2nd Place: Spectral (Ermac)
Tied for 3rd Place: High Tech (Jacqui Briggs) and Fisticuffs (Johnny Cage)

not true. lasher is really solid
air game on point, better "mixups" than SR, better meterless damage, faster armor, and better AA.
I don't know Takeda that well. those are just my impressions
He cant do anything against zoners, jedi variation can reflect, SR can teleport, up close hes the worst of the 3.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
He cant do anything against zoners, jedi variation can reflect, SR can teleport, up close hes the worst of the 3.
BF4 can take care of zoners. It's safe in block and hits overhead. Available in all 3 of Takeda's variations. If he is closer than full screen he can use the air normals exclusive to lasher.