What's new

Worst Variation of MKX?

Which is irredeemably bad?

• Total voters

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Which Variation created in Mortal Kombat X is the worst Variation, in either Gameplay Viability (Hat Trick Kung Lao = Ass), or Common Sense (Lasher Takeda and Assassin Kitana make no common sense because there is no real need for them, very uninspired).

From a Gameplay perspective, Hat Trick or Spectral have to take it. They have no real purpose, it really just seems like they ran out of ideas and just patched them together. A lot of them fail in common sense. Possessed, Ethereal, Assassin, Inferno, Lasher, Hat Trick, Dualist, Unbreakable, Not many of them make any sense because

A) Why they aren't just merged with another Variation, seeing as there is no real reason why those moves are specific to that variant
B) They feel like they were thrown in last minute
C) They have never showcased these abilities ever before
D) Someone else has a Variation just like it

So place your bets!

I made one for every character, just because I can and we can have a wider selection.

Espio

Kokomo
Whoa.

Special Forces Sonya isn't even bad at all, definitely not even a candidate for bottom 10 variation. It's extremely useful in struggle match ups like against Grandmaster Sub for example. As far as I'm aware, nothing really happened for it to scream shitter now.

Spectral Ermac is what happens when you give Hawkgirl flight, but then remove her safe mace charge, diagonal and straight air mace zoning, safe mobility and leave her with essentially nothing else. That variation is a really unfunny joke.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I literally had to ask around for a few of these. A lot of them might not make sense to people because I asked people who mained them which Variation was the worst. I actually spent about 10 mins making that list.
Why bother making the thread then?

Also el oh el at you voting for Hat Trick as the worst variation in the game. That alone should indicate the quality of your posts.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Whoa.

Special Forces Sonya isn't even bad at all, definitely not even a candidate for bottom 10 variation. It's extremely useful in struggle match ups like against Grandmaster Sub for example. As far as I'm aware, nothing really happened for it to scream shitter now.

Spectral Ermac is what happens when you give Hawkgirl flight, but then remove her safe mace charge, diagonal and straight air mace zoning, safe mobility and leave her with essentially nothing else. That variation is a really unfunny joke.
"Spectral Ermac controls the air!"

CoolChameleon

Kamoflauged
Why is Sun God up their???

Why is metallic up their???

Why is full auto up their???

Why is ethereal up their???

So many questions...

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Whoa.

Like I said, I just went ahead and did one for every character. I mean, if I forgot one like Hat Trick Lao, everyone starts complaining about me forgetting him. Some people in this thread need to realize I don't main Shinnok, Mileena, Erron Black, whatever. I picked based on my friends who do. If you have a problem, I don't know what to tell you other than get over it.

Espio

Kokomo
"Spectral Ermac controls the air!"
I would use Ermac as a secondary if he actually had diagonal and straight soul ball zoning plus a safe charge and what not, but right now eww lol.

Why is Sun God up their???

Why is metallic up their???

Why is full auto up their???

Why is ethereal up their???

So many questions...
The other question you should ask, "why am I spelling "there" like it's their weave or their lotion instead of their current location. Like why are they over there? ;__;

Like I said, I just went ahead and did one for every character. I mean, if I forgot one like Hat Trick Lao, everyone starts complaining about me forgetting him. Some people in this thread need to realize I don't main Shinnok, Mileena, Erron Black, whatever. I picked based on my friends who do. If you have a problem, I don't know what to tell you other than get over it.
It's a discussion thread, I'm giving my feedback so....you get over it lol.