What's new

Worst MK?

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Which was your least favorite MK?

Mine was MKDA by a mile - it is the only mk I did not devote much time to... I think I played it all up for about 6 hours or so. Yet I LOVED Deception. It is my most played MK alongside MK2 (well and now 9)

Mortal Kombat Trilogy...deception was alright, but I mostly played puzzle kombat lol (wish that was online, would have been epic)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
WorSt MK in my order:

1. MKDC
2. MKa
3. MK4
4. MkD
5. MKDA

All else are high quality

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I did not play MKDC, MKDA, MKD or MKA, but from these seems like MKA was the worst. From what I've played (the other MK's) MK4 was the least played, but it was good too. The best, and most played - UMK3, the most beautiful - MK2, the most original - MK1.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i LOVED the 3D mk's, purely for the fun factor, me and my brothers played the shit outa them, i actually really liked the create a kombatant aspect to MKA, it was hilarious, i didnt play them competetively cos i was only interested in them as mk games as a fan.

i think the worst has to be the gameboy ports, they were all so..... shitty

Pig Of The Hut

i LOVED the 3D mk's, purely for the fun factor, me and my brothers played the shit outa them, i actually really liked the create a kombatant aspect to MKA, it was hilarious, i didnt play them competetively cos i was only interested in them as mk games as a fan.

MKA was garbage
all i have to say is 33

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
There has never been a bigger disappointment in MK history than getting Armageddon, but having it include no individual fatalities.

Motor Kombat did nothing for me.

I loved Deadly Alliance and Deception. Don't know why they get such a bad rep.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
MKA was garbage
all i have to say is 33
well whether a game is good or not is down to personal taste, the intro cinematic was flawless, the konquest was good fun and nice to see where the story went, i think it played pretty well and it had all the characters under the sun, the only aspect i didnt like was the improv fatalities.

Pig Of The Hut

well whether a game is good or not is down to personal taste, the intro cinematic was flawless, the konquest was good fun and nice to see where the story went, i think it played pretty well and it had all the characters under the sun, the only aspect i didnt like was the improv fatalities.

thats all

Altaire

Noob

This. I mean, I wouldn't know about the GB ports, but the 3D MKs were actually pretty fun if you were dicking around with friends. I admit that they were terrible from a competitive standpoint. Like, I enjoyed the shit out of Deception, even if it was probably the most broken game in the series.

I'd have to say the worse game was Deadly Alliance. That has to be the only game in the series I just got zero enjoyment out of. I can remember looking forward to it, and then just being completely unphased when I actually got my hands on it. MKA was a little silly, but it was fun for the nostalgia more so than anything else.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Yeah, the online for Deception was pretty crappy due to the brokeness. 90% of the time I was fighting Scorpion or a Dairou spamming Tombstone Drop. As for Deadly Alliance, well it had Kano and playing as Moloch with a Gameshark/AR was fun. <_<

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
This. I mean, I wouldn't know about the GB ports, but the 3D MKs were actually pretty fun if you were dicking around with friends. I admit that they were terrible from a competitive standpoint. Like, I enjoyed the shit out of Deception, even if it was probably the most broken game in the series.

I'd have to say the worse game was Deadly Alliance. That has to be the only game in the series I just got zero enjoyment out of. I can remember looking forward to it, and then just being completely unphased when I actually got my hands on it. MKA was a little silly, but it was fun for the nostalgia more so than anything else.
tbh i only enjoyed deadly alliance as it was a new mk game, AND it had cyrax in it, if it came out like, REALLY soon after 4 i probably woulda hated it, although deception stomped it in terms of fun value, but deception was the only mk game i never had a main character :'( falling cliffs = best mk arena EVER.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Chess Kombat on the GCN version was the best, since you could have Shao Kahn as your pawn pieces. Granted he wasn't really OP, but still.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
And the award for the worst MK game in history goes to....(drumbeat of shame):

MKA - this is the game that turned me off of MK for 4 years, MK9 brought me back. I actually met with several Midway reps at GDC 2008 and told them that to their face, the guy just laughed.

Second worst MK game is MK vs. DC. This is the only MK game I don't actually own. I rented it, played it for about 2 days and never had any desire to play it again. Mediocre graphics, rudimentary gameplay, silly storymode, and, come on, Batman and Superman do not belong in the MK universe.

Third worst is MK4 - this was actually not That bad, except for the graphics and animations. Man, it still boggles my mind how graphics in a game can be that bad. That game definitely looked ugly, although it did have some great aspects. Great story, great new MK characters (Shinnok, Quan Chi, and Reiko), great intro movie, badass FMV endings, not a bad gameplay, even though it was totally lame you lost your weapon if you got hit one time.

The rest of the games were all good.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Mortal Kombat Trilogy...deception was alright, but I mostly played puzzle kombat lol (wish that was online, would have been epic)
Puzzle Kombat was online. And that reminds me, I loved Chess Kombat, thought it was a great mode. I wish they would bring it back, with more spells and more strategy elements.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I don't really have a candidate for the worst MK title in history, but this much I do know:

Mortal Kombat games are not playable as hand-held games. Not the Game Boy, not the Nintendo DS - none of them. Controls feel all clunky, especially when you have to make fast inputs so as to stay in the game. You're much better off playing the good shit on a television screen.

I picked up Ultimate Mortal Kombat for the Nintendo DS and was not happy with how the controls were laid out. Puzzle Kombat was pretty cool, but a small screen just doesn't do justice for any of the gory glory we all love! (yes, the rhyming pun was on purpose)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Worst MK's:

Pick a 3d game. Doesnt matter which one cause they all suck balls.
MK Trilogy. What a fucking joke.
Special Forces. Does this even count?

Up until 2000-2001 I would have said MK4, but after the last decade, those games proved MK4 wasnt that bad of a game, or at the very least, couldnt get much worse. LOL

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I picked up Ultimate Mortal Kombat for the Nintendo DS and was not happy with how the controls were laid out. Puzzle Kombat was pretty cool, but a small screen just doesn't do justice for any of the gory glory we all love! (yes, the rhyming pun was on purpose)
I'm not sure if it's trouble with my eyes or the game, but I remember having trouble distinguishing green from yellow in Puzzle Kombat on the DS.

Fatality_check

Never Gonna Give
Puzzle Kombat was online. And that reminds me, I loved Chess Kombat, thought it was a great mode. I wish they would bring it back, with more spells and more strategy elements.
Chess kombat was actually pretty good. It was less gimmicky than other modes because it actually had the main core of the game but just wrapped up in something else. If they would have had it in MK9 it would have been awesome, especially because of the kombat kodes/ tag mode. You could have done some nice stuff with that.

MKK hanzo

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION

1-Godlike best.UMK 3 (arc/360)
2-MKT (n64)
3-UMK DS (nds, its a different animal)
4-MK 4 (arc/n64)
5-MK II (arc)
6-MK I (arc, no sonya inf lol)
7-MK DA (ps2, I love mkda)
8-MK9
9-MK vs DC (360 i love it too)
10-MK gold (DC)