What's new

Wordle!

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Figure I might as well start a thread so people can discuss their Wordle accomplishments, talk strategy, maybe even talk about other word/puzzle games. Even maybe post a riddle or two, who knows. This way we're not clogging up the Status updates.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Wordle 213 6/6!

Only had 2 letters in the 2nd and 3rd spot going into my final guess, made the biggest read of all time, and got the full combo punish!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Honestly, everyone should play this game. It’s free, and doesn’t even require a download. All it requires is access to the internet. Just google “Wordle” and you’re good to go. It’s just a really fun, “brain teaser” type of game.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Wordle 214 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛
⬛

^ Copy/Pasting on TYM doesn’t show the yellow or green squares, only the black. So took a screenshot:

Did pretty well today. Took me forever to take my 3rd guess, because I had almost 500 words to look through and very few actually fit. But finally found a great word that fit that, it wasn’t correct but gave me all the letters I had already gotten and put them in the correct place. So my last guess was pretty simple. I actually enjoyed this word the most so far!

Still undefeated! 8 win streak ftw!

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I got it on the 5th guess. First two guesses had very little letters to work with, but 3rd and 4th guess really hit the mark.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Got it on a wild guess on my 4th guess today. Lately my opening word hasn't been giving me much to go off of, so getting off to a slow start is always hard.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
This seems like another ploy for the government to get my DNA
You jest, but honestly one of the best things about Wordle is how simple and bare it is. No username, no signup, no ads. It's as simple as going to the website and playing. It's actually pretty refreshing, in a world where practically everything else online involves giving away information.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Got it on a wild guess on my 4th guess today. Lately my opening word hasn't been giving me much to go off of, so getting off to a slow start is always hard.
Today was the 1st day since I started where the word had multiple of the same letter. I was wondering how they were gonna handle words like that. Got it on my 4th guess as well.

Honestly, everyone should play this game. It’s free, and doesn’t even require a download. All it requires is access to the internet. Just google “Wordle” and you’re good to go. It’s just a really fun, “brain teaser” type of game.
Just tried it out cause of this and got the word in 2 tries

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!

Fuck this game tbh.
Yesterday was PRO and i had to guess the remaining two letters in 2 tries. you know how many 5 letters words starts with PRO?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
View attachment 18489

Fuck this game tbh.
Yesterday was PRO and i had to guess the remaining two letters in 2 tries. you know how many 5 letters words starts with PRO?
Out of curiosity, why were you continuing to guess words that had an “E” in it? This game takes some patience, if you get frustrated and just spam whatever words you can think of without thinking about the letters it has already told you aren’t in it, you’re more than likely gonna lose a lot.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Out of curiosity, why were you continuing to guess words that had an “E” in it? This game takes some patience, if you get frustrated and just spam whatever words you can think of without thinking about the letters it has already told you aren’t in it, you’re more than likely gonna lose a lot.
yeah i was tilted af, yesterday i got pro and today pri. i should calm down and think more XD
you got me into this game btw, i follow you on twitter.
also i hate that it's just once a day. i wanna practice goddamnit.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
yeah i was tilted af, yesterday i got pro and today pri. i should calm down and think more XD
you got me into this game btw, i follow you on twitter.
also i hate that it's just once a day. i wanna practice goddamnit.
Yeah, patience definitely is a big part of this game! And nice, I appreciate it! I agree it’s annoying that it’s only once a day, they definitely could do every 12 hours or something at least.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I respect that the guy only has it done once per day. He could easily have released a Pro version and charge a couple bucks for a way to play endlessly.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
So far I've been starting with Stare, and it's really been unlucky as an opener.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Still undefeated thankfully. This is now the 3rd word that has taken me 5 guesses.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So, here’s some strategies I’ve been using so far.

I believe @Marlow first told me about this. Anyway, I typically will start with the word “Adieu”. Then follow it with “Snort”. Adieu has 4 vowels, and Snort has 4 common consonants and the remaining vowel (only other vowel is “y”). This is pretty much guaranteed to start you off well. You almost always get at least 1-2 letters, and you also eliminate a lot of very good and common letters.

I also write down on a notepad, all the letters that have been eliminated, and also the letters that have been confirmed to be in it. Kinda looks like this in my notes:

NO: A, D, T, S, I, U, O
YES: E, N, R
WORD: _ E _ _ R

After this, based on this example, I’ll look up words that contain those letters. In this example case, I’ll look up 5 letters words that contain “ENR”. When I guess my next word, I’ll make sure it doesn’t include any letters that have been eliminated, as well as includes ALL letters so far that have been confirmed. Also, If for instance the 2nd letter is an “E” and the last letter is an “R”, I will only guess words that match that, and that also have the letter “N” in it (again, based in this example).

Then just repeat that process.

Also, if I get it down to only a handful of words, I usually will start with the most common/likely words.

SPOILER FOR TODAYS WORD BELOW

For instance in today’s Wordle, if you got it down to “W I N _ E”, there’s literally only 4 words it could have been. “Winde”, “Winge”, “Wince”, and “Winze”. Out of those 4, I’ve only ever heard of one of those, and that’s “Wince”. “Winde” is actually not really even a word anymore, it used to be how “Wind” was spelled a long time ago. “Winze” has something to do with mines. And “Winge” is a word used primarily in Australia.

Also, other words I’ll start with are “Crazy”, or “Clear”. Both have worked out pretty well as first guesses. I like Crazy because it confirms or denies both common and uncommon letters.

That covers all the main strategies I use. As long as you’re patient and take it seriously, you can narrow it down to only a handful of words by the 4th guess or so. Just make sure by the 4th guess and probably even the 3rd guess, to not try words that have letters in them that have been eliminated.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I did the best I’ve ever done today. Yes I got it on my 2nd guess once before, but that honestly was just a lucky guess. I got it on my 3rd guess today, but just… look at how beautiful it is!

Good shit! That’s exactly how it’s done. Definitely a huge improvement since your last one.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Can you post them without the spoilers? Either use the spoiler box, or post an image of the shared results? Sometimes I don't have time to do the wordle until later in the day.