What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

Okay some new found tech (FOR THE DOOMSDAY MATCH UP) wonder woman can anti air supernova with her D2 but must be timed well its beat supernova clean.
dash forward may still be the best answer but this is another option.
she can also parry ex shoulder on reaction for a full combo punish.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I'm sorry if it's been posted already, but when DD is in trait, does WW have any answers?
Best answer is sneaking in a SS d+1 and repeat as much as possible, making him respect you like Nightwing. You should probably be in SS as much as possible, her tools are way better at stopping his rushdown that way.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Err d12, d12, d12 read the d1-earthshaker after block backdash. I don't think she has anything special. Ask Foxy he probably know.
For the first time he armors, and more if hes stupid, I just fly over his head from one end of the screen to the other. Play keep away till the armor is over. Then whe he wises up to it, just fake it and land as he flies into the air.

McNasty

Moist.
after they armor up they are ALWAYS coming at you so air demi goddess is pretty trolololo

Also as stated d12 over and over is very good at locking him into hit stun. Its actually pretty fun cause for 7 seconds you are playing the hand drums on his knees the rythm is awesome.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
after they armor up they are ALWAYS coming at you so air demi goddess is pretty trolololo

Also as stated d12 over and over is very good at locking him into hit stun. Its actually pretty fun cause for 7 seconds you are playing the hand drums on his knees the rythm is awesome.

Has anyone played DD in strictly Shield Stance.....
because WW dominates him in this stance.

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Lasso stance D3 is going to help a lot vs Scorpion. Causes his Teleport AND Flip Kick to whiff, eliminating both his wake up options. And since it's -6 on block and he doesn't have a 6F special it's completely safe.

Winterfell

Zatanna for DLC!
So got back from battle circuit. Lost to Chris G and Jailhouse. I have the vid of the Jailhouse match, so I'll upload when I get the chance.

Some notes:

Green Arrow's D1, Ice arrow string. Before I saw D3 can duck it. According to Chris G, you can acutally D1,2 him before he even takes out the Ice arrow to fire it. I'm gonna test that more, but that's basically what beat me. I didn't realize how safe the string was.

In Jailhouse matchup, it's more my mental mistakes more so then WW not dealing with the matchup, although GL can mess with her air moblity with lift. Apparently The chaingun to another B1 was not as safe as I anticipated because I did D1,2 in the string and it worked.

My question to ya'll would be: I know B1,3/2 with GL can be backdashable, does WW have the distance and invul to avoid it? I thought I test it before, but I was trying to get some confirmation.

also Note: I'm happy that boy went in with Joker at Battle Circuit and got far. So I can't complain about that.

chores

bad at things
well losing to chrisg and jailhouse is pretty darn respectable. id love to see the vids! ive never tried to backdash gl b1, i normally try to either interrupt w d12 or parry punish

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
So got back from battle circuit. Lost to Chris G and Jailhouse. I have the vid of the Jailhouse match, so I'll upload when I get the chance.

Some notes:

Green Arrow's D1, Ice arrow string. Before I saw D3 can duck it. According to Chris G, you can acutally D1,2 him before he even takes out the Ice arrow to fire it. I'm gonna test that more, but that's basically what beat me. I didn't realize how safe the string was.

In Jailhouse matchup, it's more my mental mistakes more so then WW not dealing with the matchup, although GL can mess with her air moblity with lift. Apparently The chaingun to another B1 was not as safe as I anticipated because I did D1,2 in the string and it worked.

My question to ya'll would be: I know B1,3/2 with GL can be backdashable, does WW have the distance and invul to avoid it? I thought I test it before, but I was trying to get some confirmation.

also Note: I'm happy that boy went in with Joker at Battle Circuit and got far. So I can't complain about that.
I'm not sure either, but wouldn't B1~Chaingun catch people trying to backdash? Also, I meant to check earlier but would bracelet OS B13_B12_B1~Chaingun? Basically, I'm wondering if Bracelet's active frames would last long enough to parry the 1st hit of chaingun if you were expecting B13_B12.

Winterfell

Zatanna for DLC!
So Looking at Green lantern more. B1,2/3 can both be back dash and punished with B113 or B11 Spin. Now yes they can try to do B1 into chaingun. My problem with this is: Why would the GL expect this. As far as i've seen. they do it to finish strings from B1/3. I think they would be more mindfucked by the fact you were able to actively backdash it. also there is a hunch. I didn't think about this before cuse of a long time of db'ing my way through things. if you try to backdash it by DB'ing then you can't back dash it.

However, if you block with just down, then you can backdash since I don't think you db gets ate up by the blockstun. So block by using down, then hit BB, and both strings will be whiffed.

Also the note on green arrow, Chris G's advice was sound. WW is one of the few characters that can punish in between d1 and the ice arrow (or any arrow), another being Nightwing's D1 in staff. Joker can't do it even though his is six frames because the range of his D1 seems to be ass (or maybe the frame data is wrong again). Will be more prepare to fight some Green arrow.

Note: if you do see the B1 chaingun, you have enough time to punish with B113 as well.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Lasso stance D3 is going to help a lot vs Scorpion. Causes his Teleport AND Flip Kick to whiff, eliminating both his wake up options. And since it's -6 on block and he doesn't have a 6F special it's completely safe.
The thing is any 6f normal can be linked on hit to any special, even d1's. So be careful with that.

Winterfell

Zatanna for DLC!
Also if any one has any rough time against scorpion's teleport, just hold Down if you expect a teleport. since you can block both ways hitting down. it's a mid so it will auto correct the block. and you can punish with D2. it will bock the flip kick also since it's mid.

chores

bad at things
For the first time he armors, and more if hes stupid, I just fly over his head from one end of the screen to the other. Play keep away till the armor is over. Then whe he wises up to it, just fake it and land as he flies into the air.
i pull this same "trick" on batmans when they do their 'im dashing at you releasing 3 bats trying to mix you up' stuff. just fly right over and bats are wasted. easy for him to counter if expecting it but once in awhile it seems to work

Glass Sword

Nobody
Alright I have a problem and I want to stop it right now, I'm free to Green Lantern. I am going to grind this one out, but I need advice. I'll come up with some specific questions later, but for now what should I do in general against Green Lantern?
Should I approach this one in sword stance. If so how do I get in? How do I deal with chain-gun and missiles if the Lantern actually decides to zone. What are my best options after a blocked mixup?
A F0xy Grampa
DYNA$TY

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Alright I have a problem and I want to stop it right now, I'm free to Green Lantern. I am going to grind this one out, but I need advice. I'll come up with some specific questions later, but for now what should I do in general against Green Lantern?
Should I approach this one in sword stance. If so how do I get in? How do I deal with chain-gun and missiles if the Lantern actually decides to zone. What are my best options after a blocked mixup?
A F0xy Grampa
DYNA$TY
I too would like to know, honestly when I see them pick GL I just wuss out and pick AM, who I can easily best him with.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
A F0xy Grampa
DYNA$TY
I'd primarily use Lasso Stance unless you have a good life lead. Pretty much what Winterfell did vs Jailhouse w/ more use of Bracelets against Oa Rockets so that you take no damage unless they waste meter on MB Oa Rockets but that's barely much chip. He can't really stop you from approaching in the air until you get in LM range. Backdash or bracelet the 2nd hit of B1,3_2: with backdash he's eating a B113 combo, with bracelet he's in your face at disadvantage and has to guess a damage buffed 50/50. Like Winterfell did, punish them w/ B113 if they try to end a string w/ trait~chaingun to try and make the cancel safe.

redeyes, the other Dianas know more about the other matchups more than I do, I only know GL because he's my secondary. I'll go in the lab later and see if I can find anything else to help. Probably be 4 months before I fight anybody, the internet at my deployed base isn't strong enough to play Injustice online and can barely allow TTT2. Probably tag TPH GUNSHOT as well.

A F0xy Grampa
DYNA$TY
lantern zoning is very hard to deal with when you respect it need to play this match up with more risk.
the moment you start to respect his lift you play into his hands.
the real problem is his mid range game, seems like its better than wonder woman and his slide is a real pain because of its range.
you can interrupt trait confirm to mini gun with d1 if you know for sure he will cancel into it.
you really want to use pokes that leave you at very low disadvantage and learn pressure with trait cancel into ss stance green lantern cant really deal with ss stance pressure up close thats his down fall his inability to deal with pressure.
its a shame there very little help coming from this forum for new wonder woman players people need to start recording footage and tutorials for new players learning wonder woman.

i mean its good to see people sharing tech but having no match footage or tutorial vids make it useless.
the wonder woman forum its pretty much deserted.

TPH GUNSHOT

Grind to Win
Green Lantern : I'm gonna see what I can do in SS now in training mode. But as far as lasso stance goes, I use it more because it is easier to whiff punish. In that match up, Either I am Close Range, or right out side his b1 range (when the match starts, tap the back button and that is the range out side his b1 range). if he whiffs b1 its a full combo punish and if he does lantern's might, b2 lasso, dash x2 to close the gap. If he does b1, 2 it gets parried and if he does b13 you cant do much about it. B2 Lasso, Dash x2 works, just not as a meaty wake up option so I usually delay what I'm gonna do so I can have more time to react to which way they block. You can parry dash his missiles to gain space. His turbine smash can be parried but you don't really benefit from it. (besides more frame advantage and no chip).

Pretty much I usually play mid to close range footsies and when he zone I parry dash. The machine gun can get annoying but it puts you in the same range as the start of the match. Meaning you can tap back and b1 will whiff. You can sweep under the machine gun and it will whiff. I make sure I am in that I am in those ranges the whole game. I hope this helps a little. I'm gonna do more lab work because it is more annoying than it is hard.

I'll talk about my other match ups later.