What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

from or half screen away. yes this will work... but anything close, with trait on it is really hard for me to get in on him. pre emptive low air sparks owns me if i jump... Scatter Bombs? low scatter bomb is too good. it can even hit you grounded.

and that b2,3 is ridiculious.

His trait makes him much harder if the batman player is good and uses it effectively. Still, I just jump in the air, and bait him to shoot his trait bats towards me, and then i dash forward and the bats miss. That will help a bit.
90% of the time I do that, I'll get caught with the grapple gun anyways. His trait is definitely what makes this my hardest matchup, I play really defensively and if Batman is given time to let his bats regenerate he can just keep making every stupid thing he does safe.

McNasty

Moist.
mononaut A tip for batman is get good at last second parry timing his batarangs are a 2 hit projectile but are parry-able in lasso.

Also keep in mind there are times you have to respect his jump ins off of his 12 mb batarang hes + frames by quite a bit allowing a safe jump. With experience the ambiguity of his j2 definitely wears off.

Abuse his crap wake up game till hes forced to parry. And b2 and well spaced b3's on a good read blow up backdashes.

lol so I got doomsdayed for the first time last night, it was quite the experience I must say. Shame the kid quit after one match, would have loved to get more experience against the character, he seems like one of those characters that blows you up for not knowing the match-up(did you know he has an attack that hits high, then low?) but once you learn it he's a lot more manageable.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
lol so I got doomsdayed for the first time last night, it was quite the experience I must say. Shame the kid quit after one match, would have loved to get more experience against the character, he seems like one of those characters that blows you up for not knowing the match-up(did you know he has an attack that hits high, then low?) but once you learn it he's a lot more manageable.

Ive been playing with WW for a long time now, and I can beat basically everyone, but even just a DECENT Doomsday player and its GG I lose no matter what. That overhead-then-low special he has is hard to block online for me.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
Here's my take on the DD-WW match-up. Take this with a grain of salt -

Even match-up. The match-up IMO boils down to trying to stop his rushdown via Parry or b+2/d+2, and capitalizing on a scored hit and frame trapping him to death. You'll both ultimately want to get in on each other, and Doomsday is better at that than WW; luckily WW puts out lots of damage and can stop his offense better than most characters just because she has options when he's in and a good way to stop his derp ways in. I play defensively in this match-up, way too hard to attempt to get in on him if he's doing YOLO Tackle and waiting to do his air grab on a jump-in.

He can bomb in with his MB Tackle and about the only thing you can do is block and either Parry the mix-up or try and backdash; Parry can blow up the tackle itself and make him hugely pay, but I find it hard to do mid-range, more of a read. If he jumps in with that dirty JD3, WW can AA him with d+2 in either stance. Parry blows his offense up in general, his lows stink except for MB Earthshake, and especially SS Parry. The universal tactic of MB b+3 applies if he tries to do his unblockable dive against you.

On your offense: his wake-up options are diverse and good if he has meter, I don't advise trying to meaty him via 33 or b+2 by default, if anything use OTG Divekick. If you Parry or AA him, or just get him to block a b+11, you can rush him down and he's pretty free once you start frame trapping him. Just don't let him squeeze in his d+1, you'll eat a high/low after and get untechable'd into oki. Don't jump at him, keep it simple and stay on the ground or get to SS and MB Tackle your way in.

If he gets in on you, block high, but more or less as that point it's Parry or block, he's + on block all the time and most his stuff is mid/overhead, so don't try to press normals; he can at any time throw in d+1 xx Earthshake to keep you honest, and in all probability you won't block it. Push-blocking is great in this match-up, if you can keep pushing him out meter-for-meter and can keep his stock low, you'll have the advantage since without MB Tackle his footsies are way worse than WW's.

tl;dr - the whole match is based around MB Tackle, WW does very well against him in all aspects if he's out of juice, with juice you gotta respect him or guess.

fong03

Noob
Any tips against Hawkgirl? I have only met a couple online and they both ate me alive. Once she got in, I couldn't do anything. Lasso stance was too slow to react to anything and her evades made using b2 difficult. Once I got into sword stance, I felt her mace had more range. When she's in the air and keeping distance, I eventually found ways to deal with it but when she started rushing me down I wasn't sure what to do.

I ran into a bunch of good Green Arrows this morning too. His rushdown was crazy with his pressure, dash speed and d1+arrows shenanigans. He could zone whenever he wanted to and getting in on him was annoying.

It was a rough morning! haha

Amr_Raed

Noob
Any tips against Hawkgirl? I have only met a couple online and they both ate me alive. Once she got in, I couldn't do anything. Lasso stance was too slow to react to anything and her evades made using b2 difficult. Once I got into sword stance, I felt her mace had more range. When she's in the air and keeping distance, I eventually found ways to deal with it but when she started rushing me down I wasn't sure what to do.

I ran into a bunch of good Green Arrows this morning too. His rushdown was crazy with his pressure, dash speed and d1+arrows shenanigans. He could zone whenever he wanted to and getting in on him was annoying.

It was a rough morning! haha
I think the Hawkgirl match is pretty even , is she gets in on you then just remember to backdash and use DB3 on wakeup if the are pressuring you after a knockdown ,but don't go overboard as DB3 is quite punishable . WW definitely has the tools to deal with HG air game with the air demigoddess and the tiara tosses .

For Green Arrow , You out range him a lot so b2 is really important in this match , also if you ever get cornered just block standing and push block at any opportunity that you get , also i believe that it is possible to zone Green Arrow with SS stance .

I just think that Batgirl is her worst matchup in the game right now , as your air game is completely ruined , she can zone Wonder woman hardcore , Upclose you have to deal with her overhead / low game , you can't pressure that much on wakeup because the cartwheel and the rising uppercut and the teleport are all amazing options . your only hope in the match are the b2 but you wouldn't get much from it and in SS stance things are a little bit better but still pretty rough match overall .

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Here's my take on the DD-WW match-up. Take this with a grain of salt -

Even match-up. The match-up IMO boils down to trying to stop his rushdown via Parry or b+2/d+2, and capitalizing on a scored hit and frame trapping him to death. You'll both ultimately want to get in on each other, and Doomsday is better at that than WW; luckily WW puts out lots of damage and can stop his offense better than most characters just because she has options when he's in and a good way to stop his derp ways in. I play defensively in this match-up, way too hard to attempt to get in on him if he's doing YOLO Tackle and waiting to do his air grab on a jump-in.

He can bomb in with his MB Tackle and about the only thing you can do is block and either Parry the mix-up or try and backdash; Parry can blow up the tackle itself and make him hugely pay, but I find it hard to do mid-range, more of a read. If he jumps in with that dirty JD3, WW can AA him with d+2 in either stance. Parry blows his offense up in general, his lows stink except for MB Earthshake, and especially SS Parry. The universal tactic of MB b+3 applies if he tries to do his unblockable dive against you.

On your offense: his wake-up options are diverse and good if he has meter, I don't advise trying to meaty him via 33 or b+2 by default, if anything use OTG Divekick. If you Parry or AA him, or just get him to block a b+11, you can rush him down and he's pretty free once you start frame trapping him. Just don't let him squeeze in his d+1, you'll eat a high/low after and get untechable'd into oki. Don't jump at him, keep it simple and stay on the ground or get to SS and MB Tackle your way in.

If he gets in on you, block high, but more or less as that point it's Parry or block, he's + on block all the time and most his stuff is mid/overhead, so don't try to press normals; he can at any time throw in d+1 xx Earthshake to keep you honest, and in all probability you won't block it. Push-blocking is great in this match-up, if you can keep pushing him out meter-for-meter and can keep his stock low, you'll have the advantage since without MB Tackle his footsies are way worse than WW's.

tl;dr - the whole match is based around MB Tackle, WW does very well against him in all aspects if he's out of juice, with juice you gotta respect him or guess.
SS stance seems to be the better stance in this MU. Also his trait is free to SS d1's.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I think the Hawkgirl match is pretty even , is she gets in on you then just remember to backdash and use DB3 on wakeup if the are pressuring you after a knockdown ,but don't go overboard as DB3 is quite punishable . WW definitely has the tools to deal with HG air game with the air demigoddess and the tiara tosses .

For Green Arrow , You out range him a lot so b2 is really important in this match , also if you ever get cornered just block standing and push block at any opportunity that you get , also i believe that it is possible to zone Green Arrow with SS stance .

I just think that Batgirl is her worst matchup in the game right now , as your air game is completely ruined , she can zone Wonder woman hardcore , Upclose you have to deal with her overhead / low game , you can't pressure that much on wakeup because the cartwheel and the rising uppercut and the teleport are all amazing options . your only hope in the match are the b2 but you wouldn't get much from it and in SS stance things are a little bit better but still pretty rough match overall .
IMO Batgirl's zoning is actually super mild. Her main tool, BF1 AKA Bola, is a + on block, free combo on hit mid, but it's slow as balls and does about .8% of chip. Her only other zoning is a high Batarang you can duck and dash. It's true you can't really jump because of WW's high arc and BG's teleport, but that's not important, what is important is once you're in mid-range, which is honestly easy to get to, you have control of the match, BG's b+1 is her only strong footsie tool and it's not that impressive.

Batgirl's offense up close looks scary, but if you block basically any of her into-combo strings and specials, you gain momentum; and trust me, her defensive options standing are very weak. Bad backdash, slow d+1, no parry/armor of sorts. Even her +1 on block BF3 (which is hella slow, if done in most of her strings you can d+1 her for free into a combo) doesn't give her anything, just retaliate with d+1 and she can't stop it unless she does an extremely unsafe Flying Bat aka non-invincible Shoryuken.

All her wake-up attacks are unsafe, BTW. Teleport, free punish. Uppercut, free punish. Cartwheel, low and overhead are unsafe on block regardless of what in-game frame data says; the high ender is + on block but can be ducked. Basically blocking low punishes two of her three options, and blocking high really punishes the third. It can be scary to attack her on wake-up, but the risk vs. reward is definitely in WW's favor since she can't make any of it safe with meter.

IMO, this chick is only really scary if she's actively hitting you and looping into her standing reset, which is an unfuzziable 50/50. Sucks to get into, but that's the whole reason she's strong, not her YOLO teleport.

Amr_Raed

Noob
IMO Batgirl's zoning is actually super mild. Her main tool, BF1 AKA Bola, is a + on block, free combo on hit mid, but it's slow as balls and does about .8% of chip. Her only other zoning is a high Batarang you can duck and dash. It's true you can't really jump because of WW's high arc and BG's teleport, but that's not important, what is important is once you're in mid-range, which is honestly easy to get to, you have control of the match, BG's b+1 is her only strong footsie tool and it's not that impressive.

Batgirl's offense up close looks scary, but if you block basically any of her into-combo strings and specials, you gain momentum; and trust me, her defensive options standing are very weak. Bad backdash, slow d+1, no parry/armor of sorts. Even her +1 on block BF3 (which is hella slow, if done in most of her strings you can d+1 her for free into a combo) doesn't give her anything, just retaliate with d+1 and she can't stop it unless she does an extremely unsafe Flying Bat aka non-invincible Shoryuken.

All her wake-up attacks are unsafe, BTW. Teleport, free punish. Uppercut, free punish. Cartwheel, low and overhead are unsafe on block regardless of what in-game frame data says; the high ender is + on block but can be ducked. Basically blocking low punishes two of her three options, and blocking high really punishes the third. It can be scary to attack her on wake-up, but the risk vs. reward is definitely in WW's favor since she can't make any of it safe with meter.

IMO, this chick is only really scary if she's actively hitting you and looping into her standing reset, which is an unfuzziable 50/50. Sucks to get into, but that's the whole reason she's strong, not her YOLO teleport.

The annoying part is with how the meter gain works on this game it makes this more annoying than it needs to be , because basically with 1 bar she can get into the deadly 50 / 50 loop and its basically you have got to play almost flawlessly to be in complete control because 1 mistake and you are done . That makes the match very difficult IMO , sure it is how Batgirl is designed but that still makes it a tough match . Can the Bola be dash cancelled ?

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
The annoying part is with how the meter gain works on this game it makes this more annoying than it needs to be , because basically with 1 bar she can get into the deadly 50 / 50 loop and its basically you have got to play almost flawlessly to be in complete control because 1 mistake and you are done . That makes the match very difficult IMO , sure it is how Batgirl is designed but that still makes it a tough match . Can the Bola be dash cancelled ?
Yes, it can be dash canceled.

We're talking about WW vs Doomsday, not Green Arrow. But GA's d1-ice arrow can be interrupted with d2 in sword stance for a juggle.
wonder woman beats doomsday all day once you learn to parry his mb shoulder and d1 after it you will see this is A 6 4 MATCH UP
in fairness shes needs a full screen projectile, dont understand why her projectiles are so bad air tiara has a terrible hit box and is very punishable and whiff.
but as for bat girl it seems like bat girl suffers from what wonder woman does no safe way to get in.
but the difference is bat girl has a way in and can stay in with her vortex.
i think wonder woman lacks a way to make you stay down and take her mix ups like the other rush down characters.
she also ha s no full screen presence ,so this makes it quite hard , also lacks a safe get off me string like supermans f2 3 , apart from d1 2 which has bad range an d b113 is too slow.
but she beats doomsday for sure, once you learn to use her parry an d back dash his stuff.

fong03

Noob

Thank you for the tips!

Yo d3 can duck bats as well, I don't know the specifics of it, but I saw it happen twice in a match between some batman and some dude called nivek up in greece. Bats would send out the bats and try to dash in behind them and on two occasions hommie just d3'd and it beat bruce out.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?

THIS. In my legitimate honest opinion, Batgirl is the improved Mileena, and just as unsafe. ALL of her specials are unsafe aside from the cartwheel ending high, which you pointed out once ducked is full combo punishable. Like Mileena, unsafe specials, unsafe teleport, great normals, but on block she is forced to respect the opponent or she eats a combo. She is a very risky character with a very low damage output, seems pretty fair to me. Her zoning, I agree is average at best. Her bola is much slower than what it appears even when cancelled and as you mentioned, her batarangs are easily ducked.

but as for bat girl it seems like bat girl suffers from what wonder woman does no safe way to get in.
i think wonder woman lacks a way to make you stay down and take her mix ups like the other rush down characters.
2 things: instant air demigoddess' might is safe if you do it very low to the ground, but that's pretty hard to do unless you're on a hitbox. Alternatively you can jump and wait until you're barely off the ground for a safe charge-in.

Another thing is that lasso grab is one of the best mix-up tools in the game IMO. It's an untechable knockdown that sets up guaranteed 50/50s and you can make pretty much anything meaty with it. I think her lasso grab knockdown is scarier than most other rushdown character's tools just because you can keep comboing into it and as long as you keep guessing right then they don't get a single frame to act.

im pretty sure Iadgm is -14 no matter what height ill test it out though.

you'd be wrong. don't ever trust the frame data for anything done in the air, because your recovery is always determined by the height it hits. Same with bladam's dive kick, it's only safe if he hits you below the waist. Here's some video evidence of IADGM being safe against Corp Charge:

ninja edit: I should also mention that while down tiara is reported as -30 on *hit*, it's actually safe on block or hit against deadpools guns from max range and if it's done low.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
you'd be wrong. don't ever trust the frame data for anything done in the air, because your recovery is always determined by the height it hits. Same with bladam's dive kick, it's only safe if he hits you below the waist. Here's some video evidence of IADGM being safe against Corp Charge:

ninja edit: I should also mention that while down tiara is reported as -30 on *hit*, it's actually safe on block or hit against deadpools guns from max range and if it's done low.
So now she has a safe on block half-screen way in ... adding this to my game.

So that makes low to the ground DGM, her dive kick both naked and MB, and her SS Parry all safe on block, when the frame data clearly persuades you to believe otherwise. Maybe all that's listed is from a beta version of WW?