What's new

Question - Tanya With the new patch, how good is tanya going to be?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Here are each of the changes and how it affects each variation:

Damage Scaling:

They only adjusted the damage of EX Tele in combos:

EX tele ji3 tele njp 34 db4 now does 27% down from 29%.

b31 EX Tele ji3 tele njp 34 db4 now does 30% down from 32%.

I dont know why they nerfed EX Tele AGAIN but it isnt that big a deal as she has plenty other ways of getting damaged. Most of my Kobu BnBs still do the same damage.

Invincibility:

Basically its easier to anti air and air to air her. This was justified.

Recovery frames:

You are more likely to get anti aired then get affected by this. They can punish you if you land right next to them but even then you have to be really on point and expecting it. If you land after an empty tele they can punish easier, but if you do ji1(which is +2) that gives them 8 frames to punish and the animation is very deceiving. I dont think people will be able to punish this consistently with proper spacing, but I could be wrong.

Pyro nerfs:

I dont play Pyro a lot but that seems like a pretty big hit.

Conclusion:

Kobu and Naginata are still top 10 and are absolutely fine. Pyro is probably the worst variation now and you have to be much smarter about your zoning.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I may as well answer in this thread.

DarksydeDash said:
@General M2Dave what are your thoughts on Pryo now?
Well, first of all, a handful of general observations have to be made.

1. Regular teleport seems to have lost all invincibility frames. You can no longer instant aerial forward teleport through any attacks, including projectiles. EX teleport still has invincibility frames.

2. If you do an instant aerial forward teleport into jumping 2 that is blocked, you are safe, but your offense ceases. You cannot cancel into anything, but you can backdash or do an armored EX special move.

3. If you do an instant aerial back teleport and your opponent runs, you are full combo punishable. You can cancel into the aerial drill kick, the split drop, or the aerial fireball (in Pyromancer only of course) to avoid some possible punishment, but all these attacks carry risks and are also punishable on block and whiff.

4. In Pyromancer, aerial teleport into aerial fireball is slightly less safe because of the increased recovery frames.

5. Bread and butter combos universally do 1% - 3% less damage. I only tested combos in Pyromancer.

Number 1 and 2 hurt Kobu and Naginata. The rest hurts Pyromancer.

Let me assume the role of the theoretician and predict that she is mid tier at the very worst and top 5-10 at best. But only time will tell.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

1. Regular teleport seems to have lost all invincibility frames. You can no longer instant aerial forward teleport through any attacks, including projectiles. EX teleport still has invincibility frames.

2. If you do an instant aerial forward teleport into jumping 2 that is blocked, you are safe, but your offense ceases. You cannot cancel into anything, but you can backdash or do an armored EX special move.

3. If you do an instant aerial back teleport and your opponent runs, you are full combo punishable. You can cancel into the aerial drill kick, the split drop, or the aerial fireball (in Pyromancer only of course) to avoid some possible punishment, but all these attacks carry risks and are also punishable on block and whiff.

4. In Pyromancer, aerial teleport into aerial fireball is slightly less safe because of the increased recovery frames.

5. Bread and butter combos universally do 1% - 3% less damage. I only tested combos in Pyromancer.

Let me assume the role of the theoretician and predict that she is mid tier at the very worst and top 5-10 at best. But only time will tell.
Wait EX tele still has invincibility? Makes sense but then it's not half bad.

Also does EX tele have the same frame data nerfs as regular teleport?

Guess I'm losing to every Kitana's iafs now

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
ok so from what I messed around with the teleports are fancy looking airdashes now. Naginata is pretty much the same as you can negate the extra recovery with pogo, if you wanna do derp string xx tele into string nonsense you need to use ex tele.

she's still beast, you just can't do rinse and repeat tactics to steamroll everyone anymore >__>

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Tanya is still great. She just can't teleport all willy nilly after whiffing normals or getting them blocked. Thankfully, she cannot be punished for it. I set Cassie to reversal flipkick and she's still safe. I play Pyromancer and I'm still getting 32% for mid screen BnBs, so I'm ok with this.