What's new

Question - Shinnok With the KP2 patch coming up, what buffs/nerfs should Shinnok receive

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
He was saying it should be safer on block, so i assumed he meant Amulet Strike
Oh right, right. I forgot about that part. It's just that when he mentioned short range I thought about the ex version, and how risky it is to just throw it out there against a projectile because it basically has no benefits. It's +14 on block though and one can jail after that with D4 (11 frames), into Hell Sparks.

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
Also The F224 string doesn't have enough cancel advantage frames & -18 on Block :D

Amulet strike doesn't do anything in its current state. I have a nice idea for Amulet Strike against Zoners & Projectiles:

one of these three options should be implemented:

1. When Shinnok Negates a Projectile, He gains Meter ... Around 20-25% Bar Meter . To discourage Zoners from carelessly throwing Projectiles and Play Smart.

2. When Shinnok Negates A Projectile. He gains 2% Health Back

3. When Shinnok Negates a Projectile. The next time Shinnok does an Amulet Strike. He throws a Fast Mid Projectile with projectile absorption properties around 10% Damage on Hit & 3% Chip Damage on Block (( 0 on Block )) .... Just like Ronin Takeda EX DF3 (( Piercing Beam )) .. but Faster

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a Dream Buff.

Amulet Strike can negates and stock up to three time.

One Stock usage allows Shinnok to throw a fast mid projectile at 6% damage with a new input DF1

Two Stocks usage allows Shinnok to replenish 50% Bar of Meter with new input DB3 ... or Remove %50 Bar of Meter from the Opponent with new input DF3

Three Stocks usage allows Shinnok to replenish 12% of Health with new input DF2

Show some kind of visual indicator to how many stocks Shinnok has stocked up. Example: one stock turns the hands and surround it with Purple Flames/ two stocks into orange / three stocks into red

Shinnok is allowed to throw DF1 Projectile three times if he has three stocks & and the same goes to two stocks.

one can only Dream :rolleyes:
Those are some insane buffs lol. I was also thinking that Impostor Shinnok can have the ability to teleport in place. Just to trick the opponent or to get out of certain situations. Like if I am about to jump into Tempest Lao's ex-spin, I can just teleport in place and avoid it.

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
If you want to change what Shinnok gets from Ferra/Torr, I suggest Lackey's EX DB2.

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
Just noticed the 0 (( Zero )) .. does that mean it will not be cancellable ?
Yeah, but don't worry, it is just what one person on the thread wants. Plus, it would be the only D4 in the game to not cancel into anything if they do place 0 cancel frames into D4 :/

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Yeah, but don't worry, it is just what one person on the thread wants. Plus, it would be the only D4 in the game to not cancel into anything if they do place 0 cancel frames into D4 :/
if they gave it 0 cancel frames, D4 should be neutral on block from -4

Euph0nic

Purple Glowy Stuff
reading this gave me a headache, why do you want to change 40 things about this character? there's actual conjecture about changing the cancel properties of D4? what the fuck?

Let's make him a giant robot that shoots lasers from the moon! :rolleyes:

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
On the real though getting some sort of meter or a token bit of health for negating projectiles would make it worthwhile.. hell. Make it edge off opponents meter. I'd be down for that.

x-azeez

reading this gave me a headache, why do you want to change 40 things about this character? there's actual conjecture about changing the cancel properties of D4? what the fuck?

Actually most of the 40 changes are Buffs to Necromancer & Amulet Strike.

x-azeez

On the real though getting some sort of meter or a token bit of health for negating projectiles would make it worthwhile.. hell. Make it edge off opponents meter. I'd be down for that.
That would be cool trait for Amulet Strike. but unfortunately we ended up with a shitty useless move

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths

It's just the collected thoughts of people who decided to respond to this thread (whether they main Shinnok/hate Shinnok). All of these changes do not necessarily reflect the overall opinion of every Shinnok player on TYM, just individuals who thought it would be nice to share their thought on a change(s) that should be implemented into Shinnok. Anyone can contribute, no matter how ridiculous the change sounds. I just organized it all into the main post so that any visitors can see all of the thoughts organized into one big list, and so they are able to easily spot Nerfs and Buffs.