What's new

Winter 2012 UMK3 Tournament - COMPLETED

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Added my name as a reserve. I don't know that I'll be able to participate and run the tourney at the same time. If necessary I'll jump in to fill an empty spot.

Rin Andrechentov

"There is no knowledge that is not power"
Unfortunately it seems my boss will in fact be working me that day 2-9 so I'm not so sure I can participate : / my job is right near Arez so I could swing by there if there would be any chance I could play my matches later if not I understand fakkkkk -_-

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Unfortunately it seems my boss will in fact be working me that day 2-9 so I'm not so sure I can participate : / my job is right near Arez so I could swing by there if there would be any chance I could play my matches later if not I understand fakkkkk -_-
Sorry man! Jump on when you can, but more than likely you will have already been DQ'd :(

To everyone else, we still have 9 confirmed players (plus me in reserve) so this tournament is still on.

Would someone mind helping me test my mame setup tomorrow night? I am in GMT time, so I will be available around 8pm onwards if someone can help. I just want to check the stability, speed and if it actually works as expected. I've played UMK3 on mame before, but not with anybody from the Americas.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Tournament registration closes tomorrow at 4pm Pacific time. I will post brackets tomorrow evening. Also, I may end up traveling on Friday so I probably will not be competing. I can still run the tourney from my cell phone via chat room.

ZAQ or 9.95, are either of you available at any point on Friday to oversee the chatroom in case my phone goes down? I may need a backup staffer in case I have issues.

Noob
I can't promise.... I'm scheduled to take my wife to dinner at a nice hibachi restaurant that re-opened a year and a half after it burned down... the place is great too... LOL. If I'm available afterward, I'll be there.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I can't promise.... I'm scheduled to take my wife to dinner at a nice hibachi restaurant that re-opened a year and a half after it burned down... the place is great too... LOL. If I'm available afterward, I'll be there.
ZAQ too
No worries. I just learned I won't be travelling on Friday so I won't need backup afterall.

NoDoubt

nasty
LOL ok so im actually off from work tomarrow...bizarre. If I can still join cuz..DCI is the man, then put me IN XD

pshhhhh

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Signups are officially closed. I will create the bracket and randomly assign names.

@AREZ God of War
@gamemk
@NobilityV2
@OJuggernaut0
@MastaZenyouX
@Eternal
@skateblind
@RyTak
@psycho4rent
@NoDoubt

Since we only have 10 confirmed players, would you guys be in favor of double elimination or do you want to stick with single elim? Double elim would make each series best of 3. Winner/Loser finals are best of 5 and grand finals are best of 7. If I do not get any responses by tonight, we will stick with single elim and the originally proposed format.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Signups are officially closed. I will create the bracket and randomly assign names.

@AREZ God of War
@gamemk
@NobilityV2
@OJuggernaut0
@MastaZenyouX
@Eternal
@skateblind
@RyTak
@psycho4rent
@NoDoubt

Since we only have 10 confirmed players, would you guys be in favor of double elimination or do you want to stick with single elim? Double elim would make each series best of 3. Winner/Loser finals are best of 5 and grand finals are best of 7. If I do not get any responses by tonight, we will stick with single elim and the originally proposed format.
Double elimination, without question Bro. I think everyone wants double-elimination ...it's been used for so long we're almost expecting it all the time anyway.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Tournament has been changed to double elimination. All matches are now best of 3. Winners/Losers Finals are best of 5. Grand Final is best of 7.

Brackets have been posted. Please check the link on the main post and be ready to go by 430pm Pacific (730pm Eastern.) I may be a few minutes late, but I will be there. We will all converge in the TYM chat room.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Quick update guys. I am traveling across a mountain pass and I might get in later than expected. Tournament may not start until 8 pm eastern time

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
U remember your Holy Water and Crucifixes?

Are we streaming this tourney?
No on the stream.

Im at a standstill in traffic for 45mins now. Road conditions are bad, I am turning around. Looks like we will be able to start at 4 pm pacific timezone right on schedule.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Basically, what's been happening in the past hour or so with me is I have been trying to travel to the california state taekwondo championships. To get there from where I live, I need to pass over a mountain pass. I decided that conditions were too bad to travel so I turned around. All this means is that we can actually start the tournament on schedule at 4 oh'clock pacific time. In other words, business as usual.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Basically, what's been happening in the past hour or so with me is I have been trying to travel to the california state taekwondo championships. To get there from where I live, I need to pass over a mountain pass. I decided that conditions were too bad to travel so I turned around. All this means is that we can actually start the tournament on schedule at 4 oh'clock pacific time. In other words, business as usual.
R u a competitor or a spectator or liaison or whut?