What's new

Winter 2012 UMK3 Tournament - COMPLETED

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
I really hope most of you don't plan to use MAME. Just played on it last night and the delay is awful. Hope to play you guys on Live.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I take it we'll all utilize the features of hamachi then i presume?
This is preferred. I'll copy what AREZ sent me.

Calling NobilityV2

Mame/UMK3

^^^ D/L the EMU for Mame32K 0.64 and add to desktop​
^^^ D/L the ROM for MK3 (UMK3 1.1 and 1.2 are included w/ MK3)​
Next, D/L UMK3 Juggernaut hack and drag it into your ROM Folder (unlocks H. SMoke, Ermac, C Sub, Mileena, Noob permanently)​
^^^SETTING UP Hamachi/P2P (no server required,optional but better). Refer to that thread to set-up. Just follow Wizard's instructions and watch the tuitorial.​
Button set instructions : read the left side for P1 controls...Press TAB key to access menu, then scroll down to "Inputs (This Game)" - by default the buttons are as follows:​
P1 Button 1 = HP (square)​
P1 Button 3 = Block (R1)​
P1 Button 2 = HK (triangle)​
P1 Button 4 = LP (X)​
P1 Button 5 = LK (circle)​
P1 Button 6 = Run (L1)​
Coin 1 = Select (duh)​
P1 Start = Start (duh)​
U may need a driver to get your PC to read the controller u choose, depending on the PC and controller. PS2 to USB converters, Logitechs, Sticks and most other controllers are just plug-and-play.​

Rin Andrechentov

"There is no knowledge that is not power"
oh AREZ and his infamous email.....I swear ive used that exact email to get all my umk3 friends online in fact im doing that as i type xD

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
All of the stipulations are getting a bit ridiculous.
AREZ God of War
gamemk
NobilityV2
OJuggernautO
MastaZenyouX
Eternal
Rin Andrechentov
RyTak

The rules are in place for a reason - to ensure the best connection possible with the least opportunity for cheating.

Also, if you can't get Hamachi P2P to work, you can just use the P2P function built into MAME without downloading any additional software. Remember that the information I posted from AREZ is PREFERRED; not required.

Is it too late to sign up? If not, then I would like to join. I am in the UK though, so I am a little worried about the lag. I will probably will come last, but would be nice to play against some decent opponents.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Is it too late to sign up? If not, then I would like to join. I am in the UK though, so I am a little worried about the lag. I will probably will come last, but would be nice to play against some decent opponents.
You can still join. Just be aware that if you lag with most of us that you may be DQd.

Eternal

Noob
honestly I hate playing people from the UK... Im on the west side of USA and the delay will be horrible... But its whatever, its just a fun little casual online tournament so join

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I'm having problems with my router, so I won't be able to play this weekend unfortunately, I'll definitely try and get it sorted for the next one though, anyway guys, I'll be looking forward to hear about how this goes, have fun and represent. :)

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I'm having problems with my router, so I won't be able to play this weekend unfortunately, I'll definitely try and get it sorted for the next one though, anyway guys, I'll be looking forward to hear about how this goes, have fun and represent. :)
FOrget the damn router and just plug the Modem directly into the PC. It's actually BETTER that way and preferred.