What's new

Question - Predator Will the predator be classified as a large fighter?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
They showed his in-game model briefly on the Kombat Kast prior to the Tanya one. It was in the middle of Ed Boon talking. The feed was "interrupted" and Predator was shown standing in the training room. It was pretty sick.

Anyway, he will definitely be a larger character, but this Predator definitely seems a bit slimmer than say...how he appeared in the original film. I don't think he will be taller than Kotal, though. Kotal seems like he's about 8 feet tall or something. I'd say Predator will be shorter than Kotal but taller than Jax, for example.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Maybe he's tall but he also looks kinda skinny, on the movies they look stronger. He should have that badass armor tho... Probably one of his variations he will gain some moves with the claws and the other some projectiles like a net (Cyrax alike)
I think the problem is NRS make some chars too big, like Jason, Jax or Raiden. If you look at Goro he doesn't look that big anymore, because to make him bigger then he would have to reach almost the top of the screen; so I expect Predator to be just big as Jason, no more than that. That's sad because when you remember the movie, when he fights Arnold, he looked big and menacing. I don't think they will accomplish that now :(.

He will cost $5.00 so he will clearly be better than most of the cast,more complete and well thought through. DLC needs to sell, buy it up.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
I think the problem is NRS make some chars too big, like Jason, Jax or Raiden. If you look at Goro he doesn't look that big anymore, because to make him bigger then he would have to reach almost the top of the screen; so I expect Predator to be just big as Jason, no more than that. That's sad because when you remember the movie, when he fights Arnold, he looked big and menacing. I don't think they will accomplish that now :(.
Yes, i saw once that Jax was like 6ft2'' (in Deadly Alliance select screen) now hes like what? 7ft4''???? Goro was supposed to be a ''monster'' compared to the others but now he just have 2 arms of difference. I like the fact that Predator looks tough and heavy even running but in a combat he's really fast and agile. He and Goro should be the tallest of the game.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Jax is kinda 6'8", Jason and Kotal Kahn probably 6'9" and Goro looks 6'11" in MKX .... Predator in movies was kinda 7'3", but will be in MKX kinda same height of Kothal ..... anyway, no problem with that, since it's still tall as some sort of a Predator trait race feature or someting.

ando1184

Noob
He looks like he will have a hunched over stance. So even if he's super tall he might not be as large as Jason and Kotal. I'm really hoping he's not slow, I mean Jason even has fast advancing strings. He definitely looks like he will have some good zoning and let's face it, there's gonna be a net and traps

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Yes, i saw once that Jax was like 6ft2'' (in Deadly Alliance select screen) now hes like what? 7ft4''???? Goro was supposed to be a ''monster'' compared to the others but now he just have 2 arms of difference. I like the fact that Predator looks tough and heavy even running but in a combat he's really fast and agile. He and Goro should be the tallest of the game.
I couldn't agree more. Hope NRS release a patch to nerf the height of the cast with the exception of Predator and Goro (and maybe Torr). :cool:.

I wasn't super-stoked about Jason, but after seeing how cool the results are, I am very impressed. Frankly, I think Jason was made about as perfectly well as he could be. [Note: I'm not saying his frame rates and balance and all that are perfect, but on a conceptual level, the design-work is boo-yah]. Love that Fatality!

I was already looking forward to Predator since I am a fan. Seeing how good of a job NRS did with Jason has got me really looking forward to Predator even more.

VOR

Noob
He'll be pretty big hopefully. A hindrance, but with the tools to make up for it. I think they'll definitely give a nod to the Cyrax bombs and he'll have similar bomb setups.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
yea so far most characters have a rushdown variation and a zoning one I find so im sure he will be similar in that sense but i just have no idea what his fighting style will be. The only fights we've seen in movie are mainly running into his opponent, headbutting, throwing and punching. I dont really picture him mixing in kicks lol or like a back kick with a front flip and other acrobatics. I hope they go towards the route of just a beast that destroys everything in its path, like train...for his rushdown variation at least
i hope they make him mixup heavy, but im with you predator does not use martial arts, maybe for his mix ups it could be a fast blade swipe into OH closed fist, into a LOW laser shooting down at their feet for a split second. or an extended staff, or it could be a special that hits low, low laser that stuns them for a second, i can only dream.

i hope he has a staff variation with better range than kung jin njp

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
If I remember correctly, Jax was listed as 6'8, 350lbs. He was apparently always supposed to be the monstrous dude, but MKX is the first time we see the height differences.

I like that a lot. It was especially awkward in MKDA when they made a point to list heights. Then you had 5'10 Kitana (or whatever) standing nose-to-nose with 7ft Raiden.

I think Predator will be Jason height. So taller than the bigs, but shorter than Goro. The silhouette is before they walk up, right?

E

Eldriken

I think NRS will really have to go out of their way to make this character bad. The entire concept of him means it should literally be impossible for him to be bad.

If I remember correctly, Jax was listed as 6'8, 350lbs. He was apparently always supposed to be the monstrous dude, but MKX is the first time we see the height differences.

I like that a lot. It was especially awkward in MKDA when they made a point to list heights. Then you had 5'10 Kitana (or whatever) standing nose-to-nose with 7ft Raiden.

I think Predator will be Jason height. So taller than the bigs, but shorter than Goro. The silhouette is before they walk up, right?
It's weird though, like I think Raiden is shorter than Jax in this game yet he's supposed to be 7 ft tall.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!

Yeah you're right, my mistake, in MK9 every human had almost the same height at the battles, not even with a high heels Kitana will stand close to Raiden's height lol but i still think that Goro and Predator should be taller you know?

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
The short answer is...he should be.

As someone else said, the Pred is a over 7 feet tall, so of this MKX roster he should be one of the taller guys.

Just for reference, Jax is suppose to be 6.8ft, and Jason is (as far as I can tell) is suppose to be 6.5ft (according to his wiki), but in game he is as tall/taller than Jax. Goro is suppose to be 8 ft tall, but he is only slightly bigger than Jason or Jax. So Pred will probably be as tall as Jax and/or Jason.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
It's weird though, like I think Raiden is shorter than Jax in this game yet he's supposed to be 7 ft tall.
Stances maybe? But regardless... it's a first step for the franchise. It used to be one model height. Now we have categories that are something like...

Female
Short dude
Typical MK dude
Big Dude
Real Big Dude
Sub-Boss

Not exact for all characters, but six or so model heights is a lot more pleasing to look at than one.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I am hoping he has a variation that focuses on his claw/wrist blades, one that focuses on the plasma caster/zoning and maybe one that focuses on the staff, then he could have his shuriken, constricting net, and invisibility as universal specials.

I know the invisibility cloak is a huge part of the Predator, I just hope they don't make a whole variation with it like Reptile, its pretty useless lol Not changing anything and only giving him the ability to turn invisible for a variation would seem like a waste to me.