What's new

Question - Predator Will the predator be classified as a large fighter?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I just want to preface by saying that I'm a HUGE predator fan (as if it wasnt clear by the avatar I've had since I joined this forum) but when they announced/leaked/speculated he was going to be in, I was half happy/half meh.

I figure they will have fighting variations that looks more like a brawler type since I dont picture him doing martial arts but I wonder if he will be large and slow kinda like Sheeva in MK9. I wonder what route they are taking....any thoughts/idea/wishlist?

I do see a huge potential for mixups what with his arsenal like the netgun, plasmacaster/disc that can track when enhanced or a combistick that can be used to add range. Not to mention his fatalities and the fluorescent green blood! :D

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
In the trailer he doesn't look too big, Tremor looks somehow bigger than him, but who knows, we need to watch him in action. ;)

He'll probably have a zoning variation and a rushdown variation.

Predator is hardly a slouch. He's a predator, speed is no issue and he stalks mercilessly. He might be large but he shouldn't be slow, at least not in his inevitable rushdown variation.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I just want to preface by saying that I'm a HUGE predator fan (as if it wasnt clear by the avatar I've had since I joined this forum) but when they announced/leaked/speculated he was going to be in, I was half happy/half meh.

I figure they will have fighting variations that looks more like a brawler type since I dont picture him doing martial arts but I wonder if he will be large and slow kinda like Sheeva in MK9. I wonder what route they are taking....any thoughts/idea/wishlist?

I do see a huge potential for mixups what with his arsenal like the netgun, plasmacaster/disc that can track when enhanced or a combistick that can be used to add range. Not to mention his fatalities and the fluorescent green blood! :D
I feel like they'll make him a very agile character. Like one "Hunter" variation, I speculate, will have the most movement in the game probably.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
yea so far most characters have a rushdown variation and a zoning one I find so im sure he will be similar in that sense but i just have no idea what his fighting style will be. The only fights we've seen in movie are mainly running into his opponent, headbutting, throwing and punching. I dont really picture him mixing in kicks lol or like a back kick with a front flip and other acrobatics. I hope they go towards the route of just a beast that destroys everything in its path, like train...for his rushdown variation at least

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I cant wait for the zoninng variation!

I mean come on? He is a DLC char! Ofc he will have strong zonig!.

I figured Variation A: zoning.
B: MMH-Batgirl heavy mix-up horientend, strong footsie tools etc.
and C: Slowlist heavy hitting Kotal style etc.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I'd assume that the Predator will indeed be "large", maybe not as big as Goro, but maybe bigger than Kotal. ;)

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
I should have record it for a video. I did have predator in the selection screen one day, like it happened for some other with Jason before the release of the character but for predator it was possible to select him and see the size of the character (not animated) . He was about the same size as Kotal, for both
height / weight.
Also like Tanya it seems they changed it a LOT.

EDIT: someone made a screenshot on TYM

Just look at the triangle icon, it'll give a good example of his height in comparison to other character.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
well ... there are different types of Predator, some very tall and huge, and others not so .... anyway, the simple fact of Predator being playable and present in our lovely MKX it's a dream coming true, so, this way, he will be welcome and I think majority will accept him anyway , despite if NRS did some minor different choices on design look departament, that end being a bit different from the classic form from movies :D

I figured he could be a setup character much like Led is in injustice for a variation. And I feel he'd be very assassin-like where he'll do a Iot of damage in as little hits. Like he'd have low combo potential but he'd have single hit moves that deal moderate damage. I feel it'd spice the game up by having less combo heavy super mixup characters. He'd wait for an opportune time to strike and capitalize on mistakes more so than force them.

LucaTheRipper

RULES OF NATURE!
Maybe he's tall but he also looks kinda skinny, on the movies they look stronger. He should have that badass armor tho... Probably one of his variations he will gain some moves with the claws and the other some projectiles like a net (Cyrax alike)

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I want a trio of variations for pred. One that's rushdown/grapler based. Similar to how, I hate this comparison, but how Cutthroat Kano is. The other to be a Cyraxesque gadget character with setups and traps for days. The last variation to be zoning that revolves around his disc throwing and plasma cannon that hits close, mid and far.

He'll have a sektor variation that has missiles and a ground teleport. A cyrax variation that has bombs and a net. And a cyber smoke variation that has a grappling hook that functions like scorpion's spear.

He'll just be a mash up of stuff that they should have given to characters that should be in the game but aren't. Maybe he'll have a nomad dash too.

Wigy

There it is...
If your going off movies

Plasma caster
That stupid staff thing
hand claws
a fatality where he skins the person.