Nerf blocking?

• Yes

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • Also yes

Votes: 46 74.2%

• Total voters

RYX

BIG PUSHER
MK11 is looking to be the most honest competitive fighter NRS has made yet.

No more cheesy armored reversals when your negative on block.
No more safe 50/50s leading into full combos
No more crazy wakeups
No more "fuck the neutral" characters

They want the focus to be on spacing, footsies, and fundamentals.

But the one thing everyone is worried about is the fact that you can BLOCK enemy attacks. When you block, you take barely any damage and you can't be combo'd. In fact, you get PUNISHED for hitting people who are blocking because it leaves you "negative" when they block your attack, and they can hit you! The only thing you can do is throw. But you can't combo with throws, so it's kind of useless.

I think blocking needs a major nerf before release.

Lokheit

Noob
I know this is a joke thread but...

Blocking in this game is fine, you know which game has OP blocking? Injustice. How could anyone think it was perfectly fine to cover ducking highs or grabs and blocking lows just by holding down? Seriously, you can't really make tick throws effective when blocking evades throws.

>no one-button, DBZF, 100-hit ratta-tat-tat comboes
>customisation breaks balance | give me more customisation
>where's MK pick-up sticks mode??
>no [insert obscure, nonentity character from the background of a single page in some fan-made, MK comic book, written a quarter century ago] = no buy
>muh waifu's been hit with the SJW's asexual hammer
>boobs deflated / Oedipus complex
>blocking too... "strong" (...is that you, comrade Donnie?)

I think they should nerf the whole roster in this game, they all punch each other, sometimes even to death. Why don't they just solve their problem by talking ? I mean how rude, why can't we have a fighting game without punching the opponent just for once.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
>no one-button, DBZF, 100-hit ratta-tat-tat comboes
>customisation breaks balance | give me more customisation
>where's MK pick-up sticks mode??
>no [insert obscure, nonentity character from the background of a single page in some fan-made, MK comic book, written a quarter century ago] = no buy
>muh waifu's been hit with the SJW's asexual hammer
>boobs deflated / Oedipus complex
>blocking too... "strong" (...is that you, comrade Donnie?)

add
Trolling polls with only one option

Reactions: RYX

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I know this is a joke thread but...

Blocking in this game is fine, you know which game has OP blocking? Injustice. How could anyone think it was perfectly fine to cover ducking highs or grabs and blocking lows just by holding down? Seriously, you can't really make tick throws effective when blocking evades throws.
Haha my dude, throws are mids in Injustice you can't duck them

Lokheit

Noob
Haha my dude, throws are mids in Injustice you can't duck them
I was talking about command grabs, if you hold down you evade command grabs and block mids and lows. It covers everything except OHs once you're blocking a string, which makes them pointless as grabs should bypass blocking. You should either duck or block, not both. It also makes regular highs crap in Injustice as you always duck them.

Basically the only thing you really have to pay attention to during a blockstring are OHs, holding down covers everything.

In SF for example you have to hold down and back to block low, and just down to evade.

Last edited: