What's new

Why Scorpion Sucks

Scorp does not suck.
scorpion doesn't suck but you'd think being the poster child of your fighting game would make you a better character. this is pretty much what happened to ryu in sf5 but no one actually complained about him. he was just nerfed. he got better but he's not the same ryu he was when the game first came out

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
People finally realising Scorpion isn't really all that.
-cackles villainously-

... But seriously, hope things work out for you.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
scorpion doesn't suck but you'd think being the poster child of your fighting game would make you a better character. this is pretty much what happened to ryu in sf5 but no one actually complained about him. he was just nerfed. he got better but he's not the same ryu he was when the game first came out
Dude, you're talking to a Raiden player remember one of the main guys to rep MK since MK 1 besides Scorp, Sub, LK etc lol Raiden sucks. Scorp doesn't at the end of the day all I'm saying Iol I agree that he shouldn't be bad or suck but let's also be honest, Scorp was OP the first what 3-4 months of this game before the first big patch lol. I also like Scorp, just not in this game. IMO he doesn't need a teleport cancel, look at other characters with teleports do they have cancels? Nope. Just saying. He's more down to earth now but shouldn't be OP just because he's the poster boy either.

Dude, you're talking to a Raiden player remember one of the main guys to rep MK since MK 1 besides Scorp, Sub, LK etc lol Raiden sucks. Scorp doesn't at the end of the day all I'm saying Iol I agree that he shouldn't be bad or suck but let's also be honest, Scorp was OP the first what 3-4 months of this game before the first big patch lol. I also like Scorp, just not in this game. IMO he doesn't need a teleport cancel, look at other characters with teleports do they have cancels? Nope. Just saying. He's more down to earth now but shouldn't be OP just because he's the poster boy either.
he wasn't even op. it was just teleport. i don't want scorpion to be op but I don't want to see him take a nerf every patch either. i can't remember the last time he got buffed.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Bingo. He had a highly abusable kit that annoyed the fuck outta people before they were able to acclimate to the game. I really don't think he sucks in the grand scheme of things, but he's not the S tier character he was considered in the first couple months.
Ehh I think he made it really tough on some characters. He was a Deadshot type character, might not have even been top 5 but he was hurting some character's viability while being relatively easy to play. The other part of it is that while they clearly balance with tournaments in mind, the majority of matches are played online and his teleport(being better in an online environment) was obviously causing a lot of frustration for many players. Good nerfs IMO

MKF30

he wasn't even op. it was just teleport. i don't want scorpion to be op but I don't want to see him take a nerf every patch either. i can't remember the last time he got buffed.
Disagree, Vanilla Scorp was pretty OP the teleport killed the neutral game combined with all his other tools was too much. He needed the nerf. Yet characters like my boy Raiden get ignored and stays low tier because NRS hates him.

xKMMx

Banned
He does suck and so does every sorry scrub I play online that picks him. And I could not be happier characters like him and SZ and even Raiden suck. Those characters are tired and boring and need to be phased out of upcoming titles in my opinion. MK 2 had balls enough to leave out original characters like Sonya and Kano and it made two more spots on the roster for new or previously unusable characters. I love the idea of new characters or bringing back more interesting characters in lieu of having these lame asswipes in the game just cause they are "staples".

Part of the reason I don’t play SF too much these days. Ryu has to be good or high mid. If he’s trash I won’t play. I did pick up Lord Bison when I started playing again.

MKF30

and now they killed teleport almost because a monkey could mash crouch buttons in neutral and avoid teleport. alright if that's how you feel i hope raiden stays trash.
That's why I had said vanilla Scorp. Yes let's make a teleport that works not quite as a low or a high(not ret@arded at all) It wasn't as dumb as Injustice Scorp, but still pretty braindead to make it the way it was. I have no issue with a character being competitive but not broken, if a character is stupid broken I won't play them no matter who they are. You can be good with being busted. For me it would just be boring honestly. So far with MK only one game I used a top 3 character that was Deception with Dairou on Xbox, though to be fair most people didn't use him like say Scorp or Geras or someone in MK 11 that started out really good(Geras is still really good among others)

I don't see why you'd be pissed that Scorp got made more honest from being a broken pos, Raiden should be good to begin with being a damn God but hey that's NRS for ya. That's how I feel. Canon wise he's top tier, gameplay wise he's low tier. So dumb as far as I'm concerned. It's no wonder most have issues with NRS's balancing this game.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
That's why I had said vanilla Scorp. Yes let's make a teleport that works not quite as a low or a high(not ret@arded at all) It wasn't as dumb as Injustice Scorp, but still pretty braindead to make it the way it was. I have no issue with a character being competitive but not broken, if a character is stupid broken I won't play them no matter who they are. You can be good with being busted. For me it would just be boring honestly. So far with MK only one game I used a top 3 character that was Deception with Dairou on Xbox, though to be fair most people didn't use him like say Scorp or Geras or someone in MK 11 that started out really good(Geras is still really good among others)

I don't see why you'd be pissed that Scorp got made more honest from being a broken pos, Raiden should be good to begin with being a damn God but hey that's NRS for ya. That's how I feel. Canon wise he's top tier, gameplay wise he's low tier. So dumb as far as I'm concerned. It's no wonder most have issues with NRS's balancing this game.
Scorpion wasnt broken when his tele was a mid. The d4 nerf was more significant than the tele nerf.

MKF30

Scorpion wasnt broken when his tele was a mid. The d4 nerf was more significant than the tele nerf.
His port was the biggest game changer, his f4 was just one of many op tools he has. His d1 is insanely good still. He was busted first few months, one of the reasons was because of his teleport it was dumb and why it got nerfed. Hes still very good hes just not as braindead. His port just cant be mindlessly spammed anymore.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
His port was the biggest game changer, his f4 was just one of many op tools he has. His d1 is insanely good still. He was busted first few months, one of the reasons was because of his teleport it was dumb and why it got nerfed. Hes still very good hes just not as braindead. His port just cant be mindlessly spammed anymore.
Mindlessly spamming the mid teleport was not a winning strategy.

MKF30

Mindlessly spamming the mid teleport was not a winning strategy.
Tell that to half the KL players The1st 2 seasons and NRS knew this as to why it was patched. Look I get it you're a scorp player, I was one in mk 9 and mk vs dc but the fact is It was broken, period. Everyone had issues with it on every major mk site, on reddit, on twitter, on here etc

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
And how has that changed after the nerf? It hasn't. It's meant to be an anti zoning tool and that's what it was and still is.
A lot changes when you have more options to counter teleport than just block. Being able to duck it removes a ton of control over you. For a character like Jade, who does get a lot of mileage off of her d4, not having to worry about getting nailed with a random teleport for trying to do so changes a lot for you.

VELL1

Noob
I don't think your combos are optimized...you can do much more damage on each one. Saving offensive bar is overrated, it replenishes so quickly, you gotta use all of them when you can.

A lot changes when you have more options to counter teleport than just block. Being able to duck it removes a ton of control over you. For a character like Jade, who does get a lot of mileage off of her d4, not having to worry about getting nailed with a random teleport for trying to do so changes a lot for you.
Hmmm so Jade v. Scorpion isn’t 10-0?

MKF30

NaughtySenpai is the kind of guy that purposely says dumb shit because he thinks he knows people and trolls for attention because he has nothing better to do. Someone's butthurt their precious yellow ninja got nerfed, a pity. :D

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Tele was one of the best special moves in the game and it worked out ok because his normals and strings are so bland. The threat of tele to hit raw ducks and whiff punish low pokes allowed him to mount an offense.

On top of that they also nerfed one of his best normals in d4 which doubled as a very necessary keep out tool and solid offense poke.

So idk. Blowing up the special that made him was one thing but then killing his best normal too I just don't get considering compared to other d4's it wasn't that big of a deal. So now he doesn't have very good specials or good normals with below average damage and below average KB's.

He's pretty garbo now imo.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
The "fair and play" is Scorpion Hell Fire. All others, just are nerrfed to shit. That variation is pure joy.

Speaking of Scorpions damage. I don't know where the fuck y'all getting that scorpion does great damage. You do ex teleport once, breakaway. Shit comes back kinda quick so they're not afraid to do it again. Even then after they did breakaway its not like scorpion has any 9f mids to blow up mashers and maintain pressure because that's not how he was designed. Literally his great damage comes from searing rages burning spear and now he has good damage with burning specter but a bunch of people were, like 'oh scorpion does good damage" while the most played variation was reborn. Yeah man I love starting my combos with heavy scaled spear into like 25%.