What's new

Why Scorpion Sucks

Speaking of Scorpions damage. I don't know where the fuck y'all getting that scorpion does great damage. You do ex teleport once, breakaway. Shit comes back kinda quick so they're not afraid to do it again. Even then after they did breakaway its not like scorpion has any 9f mids to blow up mashers and maintain pressure because that's not how he was designed. Literally his great damage comes from searing rages burning spear and now he has good damage with burning specter but a bunch of people were, like 'oh scorpion does good damage" while the most played variation was reborn. Yeah man I love starting my combos with heavy scaled spear into like 25%.
Yeah outside of spear buff his damage is bunz, especially in Reborn.

Burning Specter gets 35% for 1 bar though.

ryublaze

Noob
The nerfs to scorpion were the result of the constant online complaints about him, which was uncoincidentally after Kombat League was made a feature. Everyone was meming "wifi scorpion" and "scorpion league", with some even going as far as to say he was the best in the game and had zero losing match-ups, yet had almost no tournament representation. Don't get me wrong, he was kind of dumb online, but I think they could have nerfed him differently to appease the casuals and not affect his tournament viability...

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Mindlessly using it, no.

Abusing the threat of it, yes.
I'm not saying it wasnt good but it wasnt broken. He actually needed it. Maybe online theres an argument but in offline play it definitely wasnt broken.

Still imo the d4 nerf hurt more. The 5 frames of extra recovery limited things he could get after it hits, its more negative on block and it's easier to whiff punish.

As good as teleport is, I'm not into taking huge risks by throwing it out, even when it was a mid but it was necessary. Now It opens up the option to crouch as a high but I've accepted that. Just wish d4 was the same as it used to be.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The nerfs to scorpion were the result of the constant online complaints about him, which was uncoincidentally after Kombat League was made a feature. Everyone was meming "wifi scorpion" and "scorpion league", with some even going as far as to say he was the best in the game and had zero losing match-ups, yet had almost no tournament representation. Don't get me wrong, he was kind of dumb online, but I think they could have nerfed him differently to appease the casuals and not affect his tournament viability...
The two main points as to why people hated the character ^. All the nerfs aside, he's still pretty good and viable in the right hands. Played a God rank guy other day(I'm a Demi God, have been every season so far) The guy did not need teleports yet was still annoying as hell with him, you have to be careful not to jump with certain Scorp player as they know exactly when to do his teleport which still works well if you're in the air mind you. To be honest, at the end of the day the only MK game or rather NRS game I should say is where Scorp had a dumber teleport than MK 11 was Injustice:GAU. If you've played Injustice, I'm sure you'd agree.:D