What's new

Why is Zod top 5 ?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ill record w fly and others

ZOD has to completely run away and interactable and trait up all day w side arm MB shots and b3 MB

MU is just annoying cause I can't do anything I want to do or designed to do

All I want to do w zOd is rush your face down into the ground and bury u w rush down

GGA Dizzy might find this a bit odd
Ill tag Death for the fun of it
Have you found any strings that beat Grundy's WC? That alone may make the MU in Zod's favor. He is extremely solid in the highest lvl though i agree with you on that one.

B Pryme

Noob
Pig, I love your attitude, you have a true warrior spirit! Hopefully guys like you, jailhouse, chef and johnny 2d can show people the true potential that lies within zod.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Have you found any strings that beat Grundy's WC? That alone may make the MU in Zod's favor. He is extremely solid in the highest lvl though i agree with you on that one.
b23 works Sometimes
you can parry some of his grabs
standing 3 works ehh sometimes but its a just frame

Still looking though

That 50/50 only works if you have your trait out already and are at the right spacing. Zods problem isn't how good he is with the trait. Zod's problem is getting the trait out safely against his bad MUs.

Pig Of The Hut

That 50/50 only works if you have your trait out already and are at the right spacing. Zods problem isn't how good he is with the trait. Zod's problem is getting the trait out safely against his bad MUs.
Trait is very easy to get out

In any MU:
side arm on hit
Side arm MB on hit
Ending combo w 123
Ending combo w f2134
Ground Laser hit
Ground laser charged Blocked
Ground laser MB hit
Ground laser MB blocked
IAZB slow MB

Other weird ones
Jumping Ba, aqua specials
Ducking batman grapple
Ducking aqua trident throw
Flash full screen anytime
GL anytime but preferably after ducked missle
Against MMH after blocked ground spark
Superman knockdown or full screen IAZB slow then trait
Idk I feel like in every MU it comes out a ton

In any MU:
side arm on hit
Ending combo w 123
Ending combo w f2134
Ground Laser hit
IAZB slow MB

Some of these can be punished by batgirl's teleport in my experience. I haven't taken that to the lab yet, so it's purely anecdotal. Have you tested those against people with full screen starters? MMH, Batgirl, Raven, etc?

Oh and about this one part.

That could be because your so good. Or because other people don't know the match-up entirely yet. What I can say is that in my experience my Zod struggles against the local batgirl who plays a keep-away run-away counter-zoning game and it makes my life hell. And that most of those setups, if I guess wrong and he teleports, result in 38% off my bar and a 50/50 that I have to eat.

Pig Of The Hut

Some of these can be punished by batgirl's teleport in my experience. I haven't taken that to the lab yet, so it's purely anecdotal. Have you tested those against people with full screen starters? MMH, Batgirl, Raven, etc?
Yes

Ill record and test tonight again

What punishes should I try w it? I'm down for any and all

IAZB is only one I wouldn't do on BG

Teleporters, Raven with her trait grab and with her gravity squeeze thing. Aquaman from the deep. NightWing staff fireball thing?

I'm just trying to think of things that launch, track (or will be on his plane) and are fairly quick. Killer Frost's slide. The local flash player hits me with his uppercut if I accidentally do the setups too close to the corner. Which makes me think that list changes depending on spacing.

I mostly see it with the bat-girl. I hate her. She needs a wheelchair costume.

SaJa

FH_FenriR

In any MU:
side arm on hit
Side arm MB on hit
Ending combo w 123
Ending combo w f2134
Ground Laser hit
Ground laser charged Blocked
Ground laser MB hit
Ground laser MB blocked
IAZB slow MB

Other weird ones
Jumping Ba, aqua specials
Ducking batman grapple
Ducking aqua trident throw
Flash full screen anytime
GL anytime but preferably after ducked missle
Against MMH after blocked ground spark
Superman knockdown or full screen IAZB slow then trait

Does 213 don't allow a free trait ?

And what you mean by superman knockdown and aqua supers ?

What about SI ?

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I didn't believe that zod was top 5 but after playing him for a a while i can say that he has a lot of potential. He has so many tools, but it takes skill to use. He is not brain dead like some other characters, I can't wait to see what pig does with zod. I could be wrong, like I was with zyphox and flash l0l

Pig Of The Hut

Does 213 don't allow a free trait ?

And what you mean by superman knockdown and aqua supers ?

What about SI ?
Superman cannot do anything full screen away to keep u from getting trait

Jumping aqua's specials

213 does if you dont follow up

Pig Of The Hut

I didn't believe that zod was top 5 but after playing him for a a while i can say that he has a lot of potential. He has so many tools, but it takes skill to use. He is not brain dead like some other characters, I can't wait to see what pig does with zod. I could be wrong, like I was with zyphox and flash l0l
So much presssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssure LMAO

its cool

Pig Of The Hut

Teleporters, Raven with her trait grab and with her gravity squeeze thing. Aquaman from the deep. NightWing staff fireball thing?

I'm just trying to think of things that launch, track (or will be on his plane) and are fairly quick. Killer Frost's slide. The local flash player hits me with his uppercut if I accidentally do the setups too close to the corner. Which makes me think that list changes depending on spacing.

I mostly see it with the bat-girl. I hate her. She needs a wheelchair costume.

demon stance no

FTD you jump or Side arm or punish w zc

You would never do trait next to frost

NW i just dash them