What's new

Why is Zod top 5 ?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
IAZB is crazy good. Any time Zod knocks you down you've got a hard time, he either throws out a zod ball or trait, both which you have to respect.

I watched a few matches of Chef (I think) vs King Hippo. I feel that his mixup potential is being overrated a little tbh. In the video I watched King Hippo reacted to and blocked all of the full screen shenanigans, and f2d4 is not a mixup either. F3 isn't a mixup, it's too slow and not ambiguous.

I feel Zod is great definitely, but unfamiliarity with the MU is evident in all videos of Zod i've seen.

Laser cancelled into grab is not reactable as long as you consider kf mixups unreactable

Ex: B1, d4 vs b12, mb laser
noramals cancelled to trait grabis 100% a mixup lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Laser cancelled into grab is not reactable as long as you consider kf mixups unreactable

Ex: B1, d4 vs b12, mb laser
noramals cancelled to trait grabis 100% a mixup lol
The problem is that the trait grab cancels are frame specific, so you can't do them at any time. b1 d4 vs b12 mb laser is blockable 100%. The command grab is much faster than the laser at any rate.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
That mixup works, both options are fast enough. So that is a legit mixup, but the weakness is that it can only be done at a certain specific time. With the highest knowledge of the MU, your opponents will know when you are able to grab cancel, so if you're on point then it is a legitimate mixup, but if you're not then there is no mixup.

Off of that video, I can admit that he does have 50/50's but they are very specific and in a real game they will be far harder to come by once people are fully aware of the MU.

Every mixup is blockable. It's a lot harder to block than you're making it out to be due to the large amount of different options. opponent is scared and doesn't know what's coming next

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Every mixup is blockable. It's a lot harder to block than you're making it out to be due to the large amount of different options. opponent is scared and doesn't know what's coming next
I mean reactable to. I believe that at the highest level, when people understand the MU in depth that these mixups, whilst still useful, will become less effective.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
How much is shipping?
To be perfectly clear this is a device that can be used some, I had to buy a new one because it wont work anymore for long periods. :(

Just wanted to send it to someone who could use it for videos like this

Id pitch in for him to get a avermedia card though

To be perfectly clear this is a device that can be used some, I had to buy a new one because it wont work anymore for long periods. :(

Just wanted to send it to someone who could use it for videos like this

Id pitch in for him to get a avermedia card though

Yeah I wanted to help him out. I have an old HDR but it's in a similar state. If you start a Aver-for-SimSim fund let me know.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
OK, so, apparently a lot of crap happened while I was at class today.

1) sling1414 PLEASE don't necro old flame wars. That's just not smart.

2) Zod is top 5 because Zod has options against the most BS of BS that most of the other characters have. Parry, Zod Balls, IAZC, Wraith. He can both keep up and beat things like frame traps, keepaway, and even rush. Plus, he has almost unparalleled control over interractables. Just think about that for a sec.

3)

This may be true, but MU's alone don't make up a character though. I could put him in top ten, but not any further than the 8 spot tbh. I see the top seven characters as such:

1) WW
2) Black Adam/Superman
3) The other of this duo^
4) Batman
5) GL
6) Batgirl
7) Aquaman

After them I would give zod an honest shot, but I don't think he is better than any of those seven characters.

I never see anyone play WW. So she must not be a top tier character. While I'm at it, I never understood why people are putting WW as high as she is in these top 5 lists. Not for any negative reason, I just don't know

Both Batgirl and Killer Frost have the same issues: They're Vortex characters. They've both got a few things going for them, but they need their vortex. This is not Akuma who can dominate without it. Vortex is strong, but 50/50 strings lose to footsies in my mind as far as quote unquote Top Tier Strategies

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I realllllllly appreciate all the stuff U post!!

Thank you!
As I have mentioned some times already, I am planing to make an exhibition video of Zod when I get my capture card, that covers all the I have found, and also everything all of you other guys have found, and compile it in to something cool looking. The purpose is to make Zod look bad ass, and not to be that informative, since I know other guys on the forum is making a Zod guide!

I really appreciate your content too, and it means everything to me when people tell me they like my stuff:) Thanks!

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
OK, so, apparently a lot of crap happened while I was at class today.

1) sling1414 PLEASE don't necro old flame wars. That's just not smart.

2) Zod is top 5 because Zod has options against the most BS of BS that most of the other characters have. Parry, Zod Balls, IAZC, Wraith. He can both keep up and beat things like frame traps, keepaway, and even rush. Plus, he has almost unparalleled control over interractables. Just think about that for a sec.

3)

I never see anyone play WW. So she must not be a top tier character. While I'm at it, I never understood why people are putting WW as high as she is in these top 5 lists. Not for any negative reason, I just don't know

Both Batgirl and Killer Frost have the same issues: They're Vortex characters. They've both got a few things going for them, but they need their vortex. This is not Akuma who can dominate without it. Vortex is strong, but 50/50 strings lose to footsies in my mind as far as quote unquote Top Tier Strategies

I would personally put Wonder Woman as a top 5 character. Her corner game is probably one of the best if not one of the best in the cast, and her OTG rest, lets her almost touch of death characters. Her neutral game is also really strong with good mix-ups and footsies.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
That mixup works, both options are fast enough. So that is a legit mixup, but the weakness is that it can only be done at a certain specific time. With the highest knowledge of the MU, your opponents will know when you are able to grab cancel, so if you're on point then it is a legitimate mixup, but if you're not then there is no mixup.

Off of that video, I can admit that he does have 50/50's but they are very specific and in a real game they will be far harder to come by once people are fully aware of the MU.
How about this for a non-specific high/low?:p

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
IAZB is crazy good. Any time Zod knocks you down you've got a hard time, he either throws out a zod ball or trait, both which you have to respect.

I watched a few matches of Chef (I think) vs King Hippo. I feel that his mixup potential is being overrated a little tbh. In the video I watched King Hippo reacted to and blocked all of the full screen shenanigans, and f2d4 is not a mixup either. F3 isn't a mixup, it's too slow and not ambiguous.

I feel Zod is great definitely, but unfamiliarity with the MU is evident in all videos of Zod i've seen.

I didn't react to shit, I guessed. Playing against Chef made me want to play Zod, which I fully intend to do as every day I lose hope that GL won't be nerfed.