What's new

Why does SuperGirl Get soo much HATE?

Why Soo much hate on SG?

• Total voters

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
What's Adam's weakness? Batman's other than Hard Zoners? Superman's? Please do tell....Cause Supergirl has no wakeups...just like the rest of the top characters.
Lol she has a good wake-up, just because it's punisheable it doesn't mean it's bad. Everyone has to respect her on oki for the same reasom, it's not like Adam who has literally nothing and you can neutral jump/crossup Batman at least.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Did crimson shadow already come in here to make a lowkey downplaying comment that in reality is really obvious downplay??

If he hasn't I'd be very surprised

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Did crimson shadow already come in here to make a lowkey downplaying comment that in reality is really obvious downplay??

If he hasn't I'd be very surprised
Crim: "Supergrill Top 5"

Dr. Beirut: 'Man Crimson why you downplaying'

Crim: "She feels amazing to play"

Dr. Beirut: 'Bruh just admit she's good'

:(

Last edited:
Lol she has a good wake-up, just because it's punisheable it doesn't mean it's bad. Everyone has to respect her on oki for the same reasom, it's not like Adam who has literally nothing and you can neutral jump/crossup Batman at least.
Ppl don't seem to understand this. Like a wake up should be a free out of pressure button. Everyone has a punishable wake up without meter besides beetle. Ppl that complain about wake ups should give ba a go.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
People hate her for basically the same reason people hated Mileena. They can both do basically everything but don't excel at specific things like other characters do. This means they tend to not have as many bad matchups since they have tools for all situations and have versatile playstyles so learning to beat them isn't as easy. The yolo lasers and teleports (like mileena ball roll and tele-kick) are also irritating by design.

People will hate her no matter how good she is. She could be F tier and people would still bitch about her (like people who thought she was top tier pre-patch lol)

Reactions: JDE

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Yes the wakeup is good. But also one of the easiest to punish in the entire game. Takes meter to be made * but if they blocked anyway it's getting blown up.

As for Batman you might catch a MB upbat into full combo into vortex. Slide is still buns though. Fuck Batman tho anyway...character is dumb.

As for Adam I've already stated that his wake game is ass, it's one of the reasons I play Batman against him. Dash up and press buttons, it's beyond free.

Let me ask this....Whom would you rather fight? The Best Batman in the world or the Best Supergirl? (This question if for everyone)

I'd fight Supergirl ANYDAY over Batman or Superman. Cause with Batman your eating the most OMG WTF IS THIS!! setups and random exploding Bats all day.

Meep8345

Noob
Same reason people hate batman you can pick both of them up in 5 mins of lab time and go scrub out easy wins. Bad players will get exposed but they can both just scrub out wins because of their design.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Why does she get so much hate?
Easy.

You explain every weakness she has, even characters that do well against her, you show them how to beat her, then they still get hit with a yolo teleport like it's not reactable as fuck...then it's suddenly(OHMYGAWD SHE SO BROKE WTF PAULO YOUR VISION IS FLAWED. BAN HER NOW!!!).

But Ultimately we SG mains Not you @Tweedy have stuck together and have been the most vocal about our character and her pros and cons only to have it blanketed by ignore fuckboi's whom can't block low.

As a Kitana main it feels the same as back then. Crying, crying, then rage. There was never a moment where Supergirl WASN'T going to be the most hated. Hell she had more hate than Black Adam and he was the ULTIMATE in terms of braindead and do what he wants.

Now everyone has mostly abandoned the man for SG and think they can speak for us. Naw son...you wasn;t hear when bounce cancels gave you less then 360 dmg. When her strongest tool was the yolo teleport.

She did need a slight dmg buff, but ya'll act like can't throw out a d2 or a d1 to blow up her breath attacks. and if she does b12xbreath it's not your turn. Can't even express how many times a Superman was mash f23 after blocking me, or Batman d2ing every gap into a vortex. Most of ya'll refuse to adapt, learn, discuss, or even TRY to get better. Just one big OMGAWD SHE SO BROKEN IM SO MAD CAUSE I PLAY SUPERMAN AND CAN ONLY JUMP LASER LIKE SHE DOESNT HAVE 5 DIFFERENT OPTIONS FOR HIM JUMPING ANYWAY. YET..I'mma just f23 even though she's 8 character lengths away cause Yolo.

Fuck Ya'll ya'll don't deserve Supergirl. Ya'll deerve to be forced to play Cyborg every tournament.

She's a great character. One of the Best. But she can be beaten if you just play patient. She forces you to play this game as intented...not braindead. So be happy she exists because she makes everyone better. SHe FORCES you to plan mindgames, have good setups, know your framedata and to have NO FEAR. If you go into a match against Supergirl and your afraid then you just lost bitch...and eat this s3.
Hold up what's wrong with cyborg oh wait....

Of course you can't determine her strength by low players alone. That doesn't mean I can't give my two cents on the matter. And other guys talked about on either weak or strong players of SG or both, mind you.

Supergirl is a char that everyone can just pick and play, and it's easy to abuse her moves, but a strong Supergirl player won't just abuse her moves in a braindead fashion. And once you do face a strong SG player it will obviously be a much harder task, so need to be even more patient against her, but even then there are ways you can get around her. For example, B12 into Freeze Breath has a gap, so if you have a 6-7 frame poke, you can just poke it.
Thanks again Captain Obvious.
Everyone knows a scrub is free.
Everyone knows a good supergirl won't make stupid mistakes.
And you said yourself you don't have any experience against good supergirls...
So now you are just spouting hypotheticals under the guise of advice.

" just be patient bro "

Get out of here.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
She's just a solid character and people love to blame a character when they lose a match. She's totally fine where she's at in relation to the rest of the roster

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Thanks again Captain Obvious.
Everyone knows a scrub is free.
Everyone knows a good supergirl won't make stupid mistakes.
And you said yourself you don't have any experience against good supergirls...
So now you are just spouting hypotheticals under the guise of advice.

" just be patient bro "

Get out of here.
Like a lot of stuff said here by pretty much everyone else is not obvious and well known. At least this is more helpful to the coversation rather then starting a pointless argument.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
All of the above. She does everything. I don't think she's broken or anything, she's actually fairly well balanced. But when people go in on Batman, Deadshot, Red Hood, Catwoman, etc, and not mention Supergirl as being as problematic as them it's very puzzling.

Edit: the Supergirl community isn't too bad for me, the Mileena community was worse imo

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently, I have a feeling that NRS will some day nerf Supergirl because it's to a point where this character is so good, it ruins the online experience for EVERYBODY! Which is why this game is getting no hype it deserves.

I mean, at least i detest going online in a ranked match now because all I mostly go up against is Supergirl and that's no fun for me. Id rather jack off. At least i get pleasure out of that! Shit...

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
She's just a solid character and people love to blame a character when they lose a match. She's totally fine where she's at in relation to the rest of the roster
The reason they love to blame a character is because they hate to admit they're not good as players because then they would have to blame themselves. Imagine if a player does pick a character is good and thinks he is gonna crush everyone else with that character but he plays too YOLO and unsafe, and then he loses to many times and then he is the one who blames that very same character or maybe the characters of his opponents, all because he doesn't wanna blame himself.

So they love to blame the characters, in this case Supergirl, but that's because they don't wanna blame themselves. They will sometimes even go on to blame the opponent rather then the character, as long as they don't blame themselves.

Last edited: