What's new

Why does SuperGirl Get soo much HATE?

Why Soo much hate on SG?

• Total voters

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
THIS! She can do everything and do it well.
It's obnoxious.

She runs circles around some characters.
And she dictates the pace of the match, you are always playing her game.
I fucking hate characters like this, you are barely even playing the game.

She is a big reason I've practically stopped playing.
Every ghetto-wifi-fuckbag plays her and thinks they are top shit.
B R A I N D E A D
She is designed for casuals to feel good.
Also the stupidest d1 for being a crazy-range/crazy fast low poke that has minimal whiff recovery cuz reasons.Guess what this little fella can do?350 damage mb combo from the easiest hit confirm from frost breath.

Last edited:

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
People have been crying about her since the Beta, when she had some broken tools -- it started before most of the current players ever picked her up, and just continued through launch.
This (and it still continues & will until she's nerfed to high risk, low damage again).

Personally, I just wanted B123 to be safe.

Last edited:

Hiyomoto

Noob
She’s just obnoxious as hell. You ever played a Supergirl that freezes you then whiffs into float and still has enough time to continue the combo? It breaks you. Or that whirlwind move that gives her enough time to dash under you multiple times and give a full combo on hit. Trait? I’m not even going to get started on that.

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
She’s just obnoxious as hell. You ever played a Supergirl that freezes you then whiffs into float and still has enough time to continue the combo? It breaks you. Or that whirlwind move that gives her enough time to dash under you multiple times and give a full combo on hit. Trait? I’m not even going to get started on that.
Lmaooooo or b2 while you crouch.. then instant d1 ice breath when you stand up anticipating the overhead

All of the above encapsulates:

Up close active frames that's one of the best
Mid screen active frames that's one of the best
Zones and counters full screen

All while also having:
Knockdown and oki that's one of the best
Not the lowest health
Deals more damage

And I'm not even going to complain about her

Air control
Restand option
Mb grab and air grab
Ambiguous crossups
Chip potential
Aa's... because, whatever.

When super girl players say "footsies" I want to scream.

Last edited:

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
Well that is not an issue with the character that is an issue with peoples connection.
The question was 'Why does Supergirl get so much hate?' and in that sense I think that connection issues plus having a design where connection instability exacerbates certain aspects of said design is a very valid answer to that question.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
The question was 'Why does Supergirl get so much hate?' and in that sense I think that connection issues plus having a design where connection instability exacerbates certain aspects of said design is a very valid answer to that question.
Might as well add that the character has no depth besides corner f23 float jump normal loops and corner mix-ups.Even I can start playing Supergirl right now and I’ll wager to say that my day 1 Supergirl will bring easier and better results than my 2 week old Red Hood.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You also asked for more buffs than a safe b123 , like b12 breath not having a gap for example
They were two ways of solving the same issue -- either would have accomplished a similar goal. The main point was to have at least one safe way to end a blockstring.

B123 being safe ends up being even better, because she gains the option to just save the bar of meter for things like d1~breath.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I can understand while people don't like fighting her, she is a very versatile character that can do at least of everything while also having an attacking teleport move in a back-to-block format game. That said however she can be beat. I myself didn't had the chance to face a truly good Supergirl player, but at least against the weak SG players I did had a chance to face, I didn't had much of a problem. Once you start get the pattern of their Teleports, it's not too hard to either block and punish it or whiff punish it.

I can understand while people don't like fighting her, she is a very versatile character that can do at least of everything while also having an attacking teleport move in a back-to-block format game. That said however she can be beat. I myself didn't had the chance to face a truly good Supergirl player, but at least against the weak SG players I did had a chance to face, I didn't had much of a problem. Once you start get the pattern of their Teleports, it's not too hard to either block and punish it or whiff punish it.
So what the hell does your opinion even mean then if you haven't versed a good supergirl?

' oh don't worry, she can totally be beat if you verse the scrubs '

Yeh... real helpful, cheers.
Coz the strength of a character is determined by the lowest players.... /s

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
People hate her because it's basically penting out frustration at NRS for buffing her damage AND adding even more safety along with her other good strengths which makes her good at everything.
NRS= Not Really Smart
:DOGE

People hate her because it's basically penting out frustration at NRS for buffing her damage AND adding even more safety along with her other good strengths which makes her good at everything.
NRS= Not Really Smart
:DOGE
Pretty much this, but it's also the cocky supergirl players that won't acknowledge how good their character is
( and how much it is carrying them )
They seem to think they are gods for playing on easy mode.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
So what the hell does your opinion even mean then if you haven't versed a good supergirl?

' oh don't worry, she can totally be beat if you verse the scrubs '

Yeh... real helpful, cheers.
Coz the strength of a character is determined by the lowest players.... /s
Of course you can't determine her strength by low players alone. That doesn't mean I can't give my two cents on the matter. And other guys talked about on either weak or strong players of SG or both, mind you.

Supergirl is a char that everyone can just pick and play, and it's easy to abuse her moves, but a strong Supergirl player won't just abuse her moves in a braindead fashion. And once you do face a strong SG player it will obviously be a much harder task, so need to be even more patient against her, but even then there are ways you can get around her. For example, B12 into Freeze Breath has a gap, so if you have a 6-7 frame poke, you can just poke it.

Last edited:

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Supergirl is too easy to use and has alot of tools. I picked her up yesterday and beating almost as many people as my main character. Of course she has alot of depth too, so long time players will find that she has massive versatility vs people who would otherwise predict her moves. Over all... the fact i'm day 1 beating people almost as much as my main is troubling to say the least. I wouldn't say she needs nerfs, because she's a fairly honest character, but on the other hand, if she has no weakness, other characters should have that luxury too.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Why does she get so much hate?
Easy.

You explain every weakness she has, even characters that do well against her, you show them how to beat her, then they still get hit with a yolo teleport like it's not reactable as fuck...then it's suddenly(OHMYGAWD SHE SO BROKE WTF PAULO YOUR VISION IS FLAWED. BAN HER NOW!!!).

But Ultimately we SG mains Not you @Tweedy have stuck together and have been the most vocal about our character and her pros and cons only to have it blanketed by ignore fuckboi's whom can't block low.

As a Kitana main it feels the same as back then. Crying, crying, then rage. There was never a moment where Supergirl WASN'T going to be the most hated. Hell she had more hate than Black Adam and he was the ULTIMATE in terms of braindead and do what he wants.

Now everyone has mostly abandoned the man for SG and think they can speak for us. Naw son...you wasn;t hear when bounce cancels gave you less then 360 dmg. When her strongest tool was the yolo teleport.

She did need a slight dmg buff, but ya'll act like can't throw out a d2 or a d1 to blow up her breath attacks. and if she does b12xbreath it's not your turn. Can't even express how many times a Superman was mash f23 after blocking me, or Batman d2ing every gap into a vortex. Most of ya'll refuse to adapt, learn, discuss, or even TRY to get better. Just one big OMGAWD SHE SO BROKEN IM SO MAD CAUSE I PLAY SUPERMAN AND CAN ONLY JUMP LASER LIKE SHE DOESNT HAVE 5 DIFFERENT OPTIONS FOR HIM JUMPING ANYWAY. YET..I'mma just f23 even though she's 8 character lengths away cause Yolo.

Fuck Ya'll ya'll don't deserve Supergirl. Ya'll deerve to be forced to play Cyborg every tournament.

She's a great character. One of the Best. But she can be beaten if you just play patient. She forces you to play this game as intented...not braindead. So be happy she exists because she makes everyone better. SHe FORCES you to plan mindgames, have good setups, know your framedata and to have NO FEAR. If you go into a match against Supergirl and your afraid then you just lost bitch...and eat this s3.

After reading the way in which this post was written then noticing your avatar I think it's plausible to assume that that person is.... You?

:p

SM StarGazer

Supergirl is too easy to use and has alot of tools. I picked her up yesterday and beating almost as many people as my main character. Of course she has alot of depth too, so long time players will find that she has massive versatility vs people who would otherwise predict her moves. Over all... the fact i'm day 1 beating people almost as much as my main is troubling to say the least. I wouldn't say she needs nerfs, because she's a fairly honest character, but on the other hand, if she has no weakness, other characters should have that luxury too.
What's Adam's weakness? Batman's other than Hard Zoners? Superman's? Please do tell....Cause Supergirl has no wakeups...just like the rest of the top characters.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I take joy in stomping on Supergirl's tele on reaction with darksied. But more importantly I love destroying the lesser players with darksied.

SM StarGazer

All of the above encapsulates:

Up close active frames that's one of the best
Mid screen active frames that's one of the best
Zones and counters full screen

All while also having:
Knockdown and oki that's one of the best
Not the lowest health
Deals more damage

And I'm not even going to complain about her

Air control
Restand option
Mb grab and air grab
Ambiguous crossups
Chip potential
Aa's... because, whatever.

When super girl players say "footsies" I want to scream.
Footies.....