What's new

Question - Jason Voorhees Why Does Jason Need Nerfs?

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Have you played or even heard of Sun God?
Yes, SG gets huge mileage out of his command grab but at best it's only supplementary to his already solid mixup game... and that's the bottom line of CGs in this game, you don't beat a solid player but grabbing them to death like you do by pressuring or 50/50ing them to death.
Also I've got to love it when people like you and that SZ scrub do nothing but present half assed rebuttals like "BRO DO U EVEN PLAY SUN GOD?" then proceed to complain about how TYM is becoming cancer.

Meep8345

Noob
Yes, SG gets huge mileage out of his command grab but at best it's only supplementary to his already solid mixup game... and that's the bottom line of CGs in this game, you don't beat a solid player but grabbing them to death like you do by pressuring or 50/50ing them to death.
Also I've got to love it when people like you and that SZ scrub do nothing but present half assed rebuttals like "BRO DO U EVEN PLAY SUN GOD?" then proceed to complain about how TYM is becoming cancer.
Well if you're scared of eating a combo you can get away with grabbing them to death. I've sand trapped people twice and sometimes three times in a row cuz they don't want to neutral duck because they're scared of a 21122 or 50/50

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Well if you're scared of eating a combo you can get away with grabbing them to death. I've sand trapped people twice and sometimes three times in a row cuz they don't want to neutral duck because they're scared of a 21122 or 50/50

You just reinforced my point; command grabs only work in tandem with already good mixup games.
Try to make them work on their own and you get a catastrophe like Commando.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
What is his solid mixup game in sun god? He's got staggers but so does Commando, which is how most grapplers in this game function. Staggers and command grab mind games. The rebuttal was half assed because quite honestly, I don't care. If you think commando kano is the only character that bases his game plan solely on command throws, that's cool, I don't honestly give a damn. But other than that, when have my rebuttals been anything but actually thought out? You seem to be saying that's a majority of my rebuttals but that's just not the case. Does everyone do shit like that? Yea, it's human, gut reactions occur all the damn time. So before you blow up on me for no reason, think please?

Meep8345

Noob
You just reinforced my point; command grabs only work in tandem with already good mixup games.
Try to make them work on their own and you get a catastrophe like Commando.
Well commando is actually really really good but he does need pretty decent reads outside of just doing choke on block then ex choke/ command grab right after. But I don't get how sun God already has a solid mixup game

thlityoursloat

kick kick
He doesn't. Only Kotal variation that does is War God.
He does. B1 is -2 vs. Commando's -8, B1 has 3 string follow ups vs. 1 in Commando, has a safe (but reactable) OH, has a big boot that's +9, has a low string, has meterless plus frames. Commando ain't got none of that, the only thing he has over SG is less gaps and a safe special he can always cancel in to but it's not like it matters since Commando is already safe.
Also I was teasing you with that rebuttal shit, damn. :p

CrazyFingers

He does. B1 is -2 vs. Commando's -8, B1 has 3 string follow ups vs. 1 in Commando, has a safe (but reactable) OH, has a big boot that's +9, has a low string, has meterless plus frames. Commando ain't got none of that, the only thing he has over SG is less gaps and a safe special he can always cancel in to but it's not like it matters since Commando is already safe.
Also I was teasing you with that rebuttal shit, damn. :p
Sorry man, gotta defend myself when I smell bullshit but I assume we're cool now that we have an understanding. As far as comparing the staggers, Kotak definitely has better ones than Kano but Kano's staggers are still really solid tools. F4 stagger is a pretty scary tool for example. His staggers are a bit different than Kotal's in the fact that he staggers normals/strings into choke, like how cybernetic does with. Granted, is commando good? No, I think he needs a lot of help and has been kind of ignored (except for B1 tick throwing, that was a great start) OH! and Commando's S2/S22 stagger is REALLY good and I'm not sure why no one talks about it.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Sorry man, gotta defend myself when I smell bullshit but I assume we're cool now that we have an understanding. As far as comparing the staggers, Kotak definitely has better ones than Kano but Kano's staggers are still really solid tools. F4 stagger is a pretty scary tool for example. His staggers are a bit different than Kotal's in the fact that he stggers normals/strings into choke, like how cybernetic does with. Granted, is commando good? No, I think he needs a lot of help and has been kind of ignored (except for B1 tick throwing, that was a great start) OH! and Commando's S2/S22 stagger is REALLY good and I'm not sure why no one talks about it.
Np.
Nobody talks about S2 probably because it's a 13f high and too many characters have broke low pokes.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Yea, but it's still a solid tool to use, high doesn't ever mean useless tho I'm sure you don't think that it does
It isn't bad to whip out every once in a while, but it's hardly something I can rely on. I'd just get D4'd by Johnny, Alien, D'vorah, Kano himself, Kotal, etc.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Useless and specious argument. I thought TYM had moved past the "where are all the top X players?" but apparently not.

Jason's d1 literally prevents certain characters from poking back.

His footsies with b1 are insane. His command grab has ridiculous whiff recovery for what it does. His command grab mixups are very very strong and difficult to punish. His armour break capability is ridiculous. His ability to turtle due to a very useable healing buff is also apparent. Maybe you should analyse what Jason is actually capable of. Jason is honestly up there just outside of the top 5-6.

If they nerf mileena, alien, Kano, Sonya and Takeda, Jason will be top 3 easily.
This.

I mean, arguably the best Mileena player (SaltFace) even switched to Jason! I see him as the go to Mileena counter pick all the time online. That d1 is not joke, and neither is his armor breaking.

But let's all jump on Mileena's b12 string that I still think people respect too much. Just my two cents, carry on.

E

Eldriken

Yeah but he's acting like he has decent mixups to keep him alive without a command grab. 212 is a really good string that more kotals need to use and you can stagger it lol
You can stagger it? I use 212 a lot, but I didn't know you can stagger it. Mind enlightening me?

CrazyFingers

You can stagger it? I use 212 a lot, but I didn't know you can stagger it. Mind enlightening me?
S2 is plus 2 and is basically identical to S1 with slightly slower startup but more hit advantage. 2 and 21 are basically 1 and 11 for S1 in a sense. If you tag someone with a S2 it is very plus and leaves you at the perfect range to throw some pokes in. If you tag them with 212 you get a lot of stuff free. The only thing that'd make the stagger better would be if S2 was a tick throws, thing would be godlike. Underrated string. Also 21 and 212 are barely minus on block which means you can throw some pokes out depending on what you think the opponent will do.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Honestly it's just his d1 that needs to be nerfed since it's dumb af that u can mash d1 with Jason for free against certain characters, like everything else is manageable. Some of his strings are maybe a tad too safe like his b3 into OH which is -2 which is too safe or the b122 which has some dumb blockstun for a solid string but its not like u cant work around it. Otherwise Jason is fine imo

Vinnysouls

Spongebob
Jason doesn't need nerfs at all

In my opinion, the only characters that "need" nerfs are characters that are obviously overpowered and dominating the tournament scene. The only characters that fit that description are Alien Mileena Sonya and Takeda. I don't even think Jason is top 10.

Besides, even if Jason was top tier that would be completely fine. Jason is a hype character. Would you rather crowd pleaser like Jason be dominating tournaments or a resident sleeper like Alien dominating tournaments? Hype characters should NEVER get nerfed in my opinion, you want the game to look as great as possible to the public. Let every inch of hype stay
You don't think the 6f d1 and -2 on block isn't Abit much? It could use a slight tone down.

E

Eldriken

Honestly it's just his d1 that needs to be nerfed since it's dumb af that u can mash d1 with Jason for free against certain characters, like everything else is manageable. Some of his strings are maybe a tad too safe like his b3 into OH which is -2 which is too safe or the b122 which has some dumb blockstun for a solid string but its not like u cant work around it. Otherwise Jason is fine imo
Agreed.

The blockstun on b122 is really dumb. lol