What's new

Question Why do people struggle with Aquaman?

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Where did this whole Tom Brady vs. Theo rivalry come from? I'm seriously only using Aquaman for my troublesome matchups with Superman. I just want to also understand where Aquaman struggles as well which is why I'm temporarily maining him.

all I hear these days is how Aquaman owns everyone in this game...I don't get it.

His even or problematic MUs from what I read and hear:
Grundy beats him 7-3 imo (My main)
Black Adam beats him pretty bad
HG beats him
GL might beat him
Nightwing might beat him
MMH probably beats him
Are there more? Are there less?

Everyone else he probably beats or goes even with. This doesn't seem that bad to me. I'm not saying he isn't good but what I am saying is that Tom Brady is right.

-His mixups are not really mixups
-His specials are not really safe at all
-He loses to characters like Grundy, BA, HG, and NW.

This doesn't sound like a top 3 character to me. Can someone explain? I would love to play some top Aquaman players to be shown why I am wrong. No hostility here...I just don't get it.
u just said it yourself... until you play a top aqua... you just don't have a concept of this character man. overall best character in the game right and with the most tools...

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
u just said it yourself... until you play a top aqua... you just don't have a concept of this character man. overall best character in the game right and with the most tools...
I played Tom about 30-40games last night. The matches were all very competitive. He won the set and is definitely the better player. But in time, I'm sure I could win the set with Grundy.

I'm confident he goes 5-5 with Grundy and Nightwing

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
I played Tom about 30-40games last night. The matches were all very competitive. He won the set and is definitely the better player. But in time, I'm sure I could win the set with Grundy.

I'm confident he goes 5-5 with Grundy and Nightwing
from 7-3 grundy now it's 5-5 ? ok, dude lol. yea, he goes even with nightwing

It ok to be wrong. Tom beat me and he said he has also beaten tyrant. That didn't mean it isn't 5-5 or 6-4. It is definitely not 7-3 though.

To be fair.. I haven't played Tyrant since UFGT so being up a few games in meaningless casuals wasn't my point.

My point was that I saw where Tyrant was going from his base. I watch EVERYTHING Tyrant related and learned how to deal with all of Grundy's dirt. I took everything I saw into the lab..

I also play several pretty good Grundy's.. not Tyrants level.. but enough to make sure I'm put in similar situations often.

An Aquaman that KNOWS all of the ins and outs of the mu makes the mu 6-4. That doesn't mean that an amazing player like Tyrant still can't over come it at the highest level. I look forward to playing him again, truly one of my favorite players.

A

-Tom Brady isn't the only real Aquaman. With all due respect to Tom - Riyo, Flawedzilla and Michaelangelo (who quit practicing almost completely) are all very capable Aquaman players who have displayed his effectiveness.
And my point was... Thats like saying there are very capable Grundy players besides Tyrant. Being "capable" isn't even close to the highest possible level. Forever King's Grundy is "capable" but is it Tyrant's level? There is a BIG jump from "capable" to the best and most complete version of the character in the world. Deciding mu's based off of "capable" Aquaman players is absolutely ridiculous.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
And my point was... Thats like saying there are very capable Grundy players besides Tyrant. Being "capable" isn't even close to the highest possible level. Forever King's Grundy is "capable" but is it Tyrant's level? There is a BIG jump from "capable" to the best and most complete version of the character in the world. Deciding mu's based off of "capable" Aquaman players is absolutely ridiculous.
This is so true. You can't compare someone who has so much MU xp and is 100% dedicated to X character to someone who plays X Y and Z chars

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
AK L0rdoftheFLY i kinda agree about BA and Nightwing, even if they are both arguable. But how the fuck did u come to 3-7 with Grundy and losing to HG? This is hilarious. He`s overrated (not top 1 at all), but with his great tools he`s undoubtfully top 5 character.

Tom Brady Hm, Tom, what do u think about Aqua-KF MU? She beats him, imao - she can zone him, trait doesnt help against her vortex, u need to jump like a fucking retard to do something against her. :(

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
AK L0rdoftheFLY i kinda agree about BA and Nightwing, even if they are both arguable. But how the fuck did u come to 3-7 with Grundy and losing to HG? This is hilarious. He`s overrated (not top 1 at all), but with his great tools he`s undoubtfully top 5 character.

Tom Brady Hm, Tom, what do u think about Aqua-KF MU? She beats him, imao - she can zone him, trait doesnt help against her vortex, u need to jump like a fucking retard to do something against her. :(
Talk to the aquMan forums. That's where I got all this info.

Grundy was me but the other stuff I just consolidated.

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.

So you're saying players like Riyo, Michaelangelo and Flawedzilla are not complete enough as Aquaman players to be candidates for determining matchup numbers? Maybe I'm not comprehending you clearly, but if that's true - I don't know what would compel you to say something like this.