What's new

Why Discord is ruining the community

armani

Noob
lmao humanity breeds chaos guys!

people wanted a better community environment, real time chat, less web pages to fish through

and other people wanted to hide tech, talk shit, and keep strategy under the radar.

so what do we do?
batman? or superman?

myri

Time Warrior
It's nice to just have some quick back and forth about matchups and such but the real meat should be put here, no doubt about that.

Error

DF2+R2
Honestly, I use discord because it's nice being able to chat in real time with other players, and I don't think any of the discords I'm in are hording tech away from the forums at all but rather polishing their findings before posting them on here.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
You don't have to. But it will level up everyone around you, ultimately leveling you up as well.
history has shown it does the opposite, ppl will just whine until NRS levels you back down to their level

Communication program that you can access from your browser or just download it.
Basically the ''pop-cool kids'' attentionwh*ring platform.
Yes. People are just using Discord for attention whoring. Totally why the platform is so popular. :rolleyes:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I personally found the discords to be unhelpful. The discussions were scattered and you had to scroll through tons of messages to get to what you want to find. I'm hoping people eventually start posting tech again and ditch the discords, but that's probably wishful thinking.
Discord actually has a search feature, which can help you find answers you might be looking for.

But public character channels is something I did for the Discord I made for Injustice 2, so that the info is accessible to everyone.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
I'm happy to always share anything I find but two things I will never do are share someone elses tech on their behalf or try and coerce them into sharing it themselves.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I'm part of the Doctor Fate discord and it's completely dead. There's nobody on it that I could share information with even if I wanted to. But I do use discord to work on stategies and concepts that I like to keep secret from the other character communities

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I'm not a fan of Discord either. Back in Injustice 1 days I could refresh the page and see multiple new notifications. There was discussion and info everywhere. Now the posts are coming in slower and not much is being learned. I don't have much experience with Discord, but this site has always felt like an organized and knowledgeable place to talk fighting games, and I would love to see that continue.

Without Yomi I don't think Sonic Fox is even slightly beatable until the next NRS game comes out (unless Dizzy or 16bit enters an early tournament).

Also discord is dumpster.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
To be clear, I wasn't serious with the title. It was the best title I could think of to get peoples drama fingers to click on the thread. I think discords for the most part are fine.
Things people do in Discord are the things people done in IRS and then Skype , Vent ... Teamspeak blabla years ago.
Nothing new
history has shown it does the opposite, ppl will just whine until NRS levels you back down to their level

Yes. People are just using Discord for attention whoring. Totally why the platform is so popular. :rolleyes:
Yes Kid , ~90% of the Pop stuff is stupid and stupid people bait for it , now go play with your Fidget Spinner and make Instagram Photos about it.