What's new

Breakthrough - Butcher Why Butcher Is Underrated and LF's Top Variation.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Have been playing Butcher for like 30 min. Mannnn, his pokes are godlike... that D3 damn

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Have been playing Butcher for like 30 min. Mannnn, his pokes are godlike... that D3 damn
Feels good right?! Especially since you're coming from Tremor who's pokes aren't terrible but they are SLOW. Must be a good change for ya.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Butcher df2 is one of the best moves in the game. You can ex df2 on reaction and punish anything when you're almost fullscreen.

CrazyFingers

It's good but I wouldn't go around saying it's one of the best moves in the game, it has its glaring problems

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Absolutely the most fair of all three. PL has never really shocked me mostly because, I don't think it's supposed to. It's just a solid space controlling character that gets the job done in some matchups. I play PL the least but I can definitely see the variation getting a lot better with the universal buffs that LF could get. However, let's hope all of the variations get equal amounts of love in the patch!
More people should reply like you do to opinions. This site would be a better place

CrazyFingers

Ladyface may be best.

I think Shaolin KJ slaughters Killer tho lol may be 7-3
I would not be surprised if that was the case, Shaolin can keep the pressure really easily and just doesn't care all too much about LF. He's super immobile while KJ is one of the most mobile characters out there. Would need to play the matchup more.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I would not be surprised if that was the case, Shaolin can keep the pressure really easily and just doesn't care all too much about LF. He's super immobile while KJ is one of the most mobile characters out there. Would need to play the matchup more.
Not only that but his chakram game makes it hard for Killer to get in from full screen. And if Killer over commits to running in...lunge kick, njp, or up kick to go back full screen...

CrazyFingers

Not only that but his chakram game makes it hard for Killer to get in from full screen. And if Killer over commits to running in...lunge kick, njp, or up kick to go back full screen...
Yea, Pretty Lady is definitely the pick for that Matchup out of the three, Butcher is probably like 7-3 and Killer 6-4 (Killer 6-4 because his Berserker Stance Projectile Parry can help with the zoning, unless Chakram doesn't follow the rules in that case rip) but overall, shit deal for non pretty lady

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Yea, Pretty Lady is definitely the pick for that Matchup out of the three, Butcher is probably like 7-3 and Killer 6-4 (Killer 6-4 because his Berserker Stance Projectile Parry can help with the zoning, unless Chakram doesn't follow the rules in that case rip) but overall, shit deal for non pretty lady
Ex chakram doesn't follow any parry rules lol

I hardly ever see him but I got an unprecedented two matches last night against him and it they were both painful. Sonya Demo is my main now and I'm still getting the hang of that variation. Not knowing his attacks, I felt jailed most of the time. The corner was embarrassing. His stun is very difficult to overcome. His fighting style seems different than most. It's too early for me to say if he's OP because right now the problem is my lack of understanding, but he is for sure underrated.

CrazyFingers

I hardly ever see him but I got an unprecedented two matches last night against him and it they were both painful. Sonya Demo is my main now and I'm still getting the hang of that variation. Not knowing his attacks, I felt jailed most of the time. The corner was embarrassing. His stun is very difficult to overcome. His fighting style seems different than most. It's too early for me to say if he's OP because right now the problem is my lack of understanding, but he is for sure underrated.
Most certainly not OP, you just gotta learn the matchup. Find out where the gaps in his gameplan are, im almost positive Demo wins that free.

CrazyFingers

I'd be happy to help if you're on PS4 once I have the time, been swamped with school and currently this cold is kicking my ass but I'm sure I could make time to help someone!

I started using this variations, since hes one of the least used variations in the game, Hes main problem is, if he has no meter to armor advance vs projectiles, he suffers A LOT, and I mean A LOT agains zoners, hes dash/run, is not too good, closing the gap agains Quan, HQT, Liu, Kitana, and any other zoner is just very hard.

CrazyFingers

I started using this variations, since hes one of the least used variations in the game, Hes main problem is, if he has no meter to armor advance vs projectiles, he suffers A LOT, and I mean A LOT agains zoners, hes dash/run, is not too good, closing the gap agains Quan, HQT, Liu, Kitana, and any other zoner is just very hard.
Yup. Tho with patience he can get in a little easier but not too much easier, check out @xGunShow 's game play of him, it's a perfect representation of how he should played.