What's new

Breakthrough - Butcher Why Butcher Is Underrated and LF's Top Variation.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I think Pretty lady is most balanced. and defnitely will be post patch
Absolutely the most fair of all three. PL has never really shocked me mostly because, I don't think it's supposed to. It's just a solid space controlling character that gets the job done in some matchups. I play PL the least but I can definitely see the variation getting a lot better with the universal buffs that LF could get. However, let's hope all of the variations get equal amounts of love in the patch!

CrazyFingers

OH and @ShArp , you can do B2 and then slightly delay the mixup and that jails if I remember correctly, it's been forever since I've even thought of that one.

CrazyFingers

Thanks for the info @CrazyFingers , lets see what they will do with him on October 4th.
I am so hyped for that. I REALLY hope they don't break the absolute fuck out of him tho. So many people trash talked the character after his needless nerfs that it might give NRS the wrong idea and they could EASILY break this dude.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
"I don't mind"- average MKX player mindset on his broken character.

Lol jk, I hope they won't break him too, just like I hope they won't break Tremor as he 100% getting buffed.

CrazyFingers

"I don't mind"- average MKX player mindset on his broken character.

Lol jk, I hope they won't break him too, just like I hope they won't break Tremor as he 100% getting buffed.
Oh! Speaking of tremor, I was thinking about getting back into him (haven't played him in a bit) and I was wondering is canceling into EX Krystal Summon actually plus on block?

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Oh! Speaking of tremor, I was thinking about getting back into him (haven't played him in a bit) and I was wondering is canceling into EX Krystal Summon actually plus on block?
All Tremor's shatter cancels are neutral. Unless you do a move like F3 that is slow af, but + on block and then cancel it into shatter cancel - which gives you even more freedom. But other than that - it's 0

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Oh you mean Crystall summon - it's also 0 as far as I remember, maybe +1. People can easily jump out of it / armor / etc

CrazyFingers

Oh you mean Crystall summon - it's also 0 as far as I remember, maybe +1. People can easily jump out of it / armor / etc
Ok cuz I watched your compilation video, sick stuff btw, and the summoning animation is just so damn cool looking. I hope Metallic gets help, it's always been my favorite.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Can't you ever use a regular font when making a post? Why do all 18 year-olds feel they have to style it up when they join this site lol

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
One thing about Butcher is that it's far easier to shut down than Killer. You have to respect the long limbs of Killer at certain ranges because if any of them hit in any way you eat a full combo into restand mixup.

I definitely think Butcher could have some harder matchups than Killer because of how easy it is to keep him away. The reality is that he just doesn't have the same range. Butcher needs to either hitconfirm f12 into stun or dedicate to it. Killer can just throw it out there and not have to worry.

That said, there are obviously matchups Butcher doesn't have the issue closing in space, and it's likely to be more about him playing mid range against someone else trying to get in on him too.

CrazyFingers

One thing about Butcher is that it's far easier to shut down than Killer. You have to respect the long limbs of Killer at certain ranges because if any of them hit in any way you eat a full combo into restand mixup.

I definitely think Butcher could have some harder matchups than Killer because of how easy it is to keep him away. The reality is that he just doesn't have the same range. Butcher needs to either hitconfirm f12 into stun or dedicate to it. Killer can just throw it out there and not have to worry.

That said, there are obviously matchups Butcher doesn't have the issue closing in space, and it's likely to be more about him playing mid range against someone else trying to get in on him too.
Thank you for the input and yea the range can really hinder the variation or rather the lack of range. However the thing that I really think Butcher has in advantage to Killer is his snowball potential. Before you know it butcher can have taken 60-70% of your health meterlessly and he's not the easiest to peel off. I'm just glad I have people talking about Butcher and Leatherface in general, he doesn't get that much love ya know?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Thank you for the input and yea the range can really hinder the variation or rather the lack of range. However the thing that I really think Butcher has in advantage to Killer is his snowball potential. Before you know it butcher can have taken 60-70% of your health meterlessly and he's not the easiest to peel off. I'm just glad I have people talking about Butcher and Leatherface in general, he doesn't get that much love ya know?
The one thing about Butcher is that people never abuse his gaps. It's mainly because nobody knows where they are etc, but he has a lot.

Absolutely nothing off his 50/50 is safe. The only exception being f212 by itself I think. Everything else has a gap that can be armoured through as some characters. he has a vortex sure, but it's a punishable one.

One of Butchers things is that people haven't fully explored the matchup against him, mainly because nobody plays as him. I reckon if he gets buffed and more people start playing him, more people will start going through all his gaps too.

He has a strong snowball effect, but I personally think eventually, all momentum will be gone if the opponent commits to a 50/50 direction and is ready for the armour punish.

CrazyFingers

The one thing about Butcher is that people never abuse his gaps. It's mainly because nobody knows where they are etc, but he has a lot.

Absolutely nothing off his 50/50 is safe. The only exception being f212 by itself I think. Everything else has a gap that can be armoured through as some characters. he has a vortex sure, but it's a punishable one.

One of Butchers things is that people haven't fully explored the matchup against him, mainly because nobody plays as him. I reckon if he gets buffed and more people start playing him, more people will start going through all his gaps too.

He has a strong snowball effect, but I personally think eventually, all momentum will be gone if the opponent commits to a 50/50 direction and is ready for the armour punish.
Absolutely. Whenever I use DF2 after F12 constantly in games and no one armors the gap I think to myself "Does anyone even know there's a gap there?" I generally accept that a lot of my wins will happen solely because people just don't know where I'm weak and where I'm strong on this character. Matchup knowledge is so damn important in this game and Butcher is one of the biggest "Know the matchup or die" characters out there.

CrazyFingers

Although that's Leatherface in general I feel. He looks like this monolith of a character to anyone not familiar with the matchup. The character has gaps, can be low poked by a lot of stuff (thank god his D3 is godlike or else the character would have an even worse time with pokes) I'm really curious as to what Netherrealms will do with him as a whole and variation specific.

CrazyFingers

@ShArp D1 is 7f, -4 on block, and +13 on hit.

D3 is 6f, -8 on block, and +10 on hit.

D4 (in case you were wondering) is 16f, -16 on block, and +6 on hit (IMO, this is the only poke that needs help, his other pokes are good enough.)

CrazyFingers

So yea, his pokes are all around really good, never been a weak point for him. a 6f D3 is, in my opinion, better than a 6f D1 because it's a low which makes D3 on hit REALLY annoying, because it jails into itself and is a low which means you get to possibly mix.