What's new

Why are people willing to pay for SSF4 AE?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Action KungFu, I understand your point and I agree.

My beef with AE is the lack of balance between rush down and zoning gameplay. All defensive and zoning characters have at least dropped a tier, especially Guile, E.Honda, and Dhalsim. I do not understand why rush down and zoning characters cannot be equally strong, which is my next point that THTB has already talked about. Capcom is unnecessarily toning down characters. No wonder 95% of Rufus and Cammy players switched to Yun and Yang. I have never seen so many players change their character.

AE is not even a bad game. It is just a boring game. Prepare for a lot of Yun mirror matches this Evo, folks.

My beef with AE is the lack of balance between rush down and zoning gameplay. All defensive and zoning characters have at least dropped a tier, especially Guile, E.Honda, and Dhalsim. I do not understand why rush down and zoning characters cannot be equally strong, which is my next point that THTB has already talked about. Capcom is unnecessarily toning down characters. No wonder 95% of Rufus and Cammy players switched to Yun and Yang. I have never seen so many players change their character.

AE is not even a bad game. It is just a boring game. Prepare for a lot of Yun mirror matches this Evo, folks.
this is my fear with capcom games. evo will be mad boring.

Tim Static

Adminerator
hopefully xbox gets it on the same day as psn.
Unless this DL package is give a solid universal date, they will be just regular weekly downloads....which means PSN on Tuesday evening and XBL early on Wednesday morning.

unless the companies change what time they update their online stores of course.

FYI.

AE is alright, just gotta wait for 1 guy to bust out a low/mid tier and beat Yun. Then everyone will try to main said character and fail.

Neclord

Noob

Cammy wasn't toned down, she is just different now. Cannon Strike nerfed, but her normals buffed. She is still high tier.
But so far with the tournaments going on, there are a lot of different characters used. More different characters than in MK9, so the game isn't so bad balanced.

Even Mago (with his S tier Fei Long) was send to losers yesterday.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Speaking of AE, I love how Eternal Rival has a shirt for sale that has Yun's EX lunge punch as a silhouette image. Just as hilarious as Brokentier's TIGERTIGERTIGER shirt LMAO!

Yeah, Cammy's not on my list of nerfed characters...but speaking of this, it's weird that most of the characters were nerfed to make the game offensive...but yet why in the flying fuck was Abel toned down so much??????

Yeah, Cammy's not on my list of nerfed characters...but speaking of this, it's weird that most of the characters were nerfed to make the game offensive...but yet why in the flying fuck was Abel toned down so much??????
Because people get bitchy and can't beat Breathless or get away from his pressure. I've been a part of the SF scene for a solid 10 years and it's sad the amount of big changes that the scene has gone through. Instead of figuring shit out, people cry out, "nerf".

and no offense guys but this thread is looking like it belongs on gamefaqs. LOL

Because people get bitchy and can't beat Breathless or get away from his pressure. I've been a part of the SF scene for a solid 10 years and it's sad the amount of big changes that the scene has gone through. Instead of figuring shit out, people cry out, "nerf".

and no offense guys but this thread is looking like it belongs on gamefaqs. LOL
this is nothing new from capcom. the only people immune to a nerf is ryu, akuma, and now yun and yang.