What's new

Question Why are all GL players hated?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Fully agree to the first part, as far as the wake-up game in Injustice goes I personally split the cast in chars whose wake-ups I need to respect (good wake-up game) and those whose waku-ups I don't have to worry about (bad wake up game). And applying those two buckets, I would put GL in the later (view might differ depending on the options each opponent has to punish your wake-up game).
But at the end of the day thats just definitions I think we kind of agree on Lanterns wake-up game. :)

I generally hated it with Arrow because his knockdown and floaty jump doesn't allow him to kross up and going in is a risk because if GL blocks something then I'm forced to play defense against his 9 frame B1 and other options. Risk reward wise, Arrow doesn't do that much damage either.

Other characters kan deal with it better though.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Well, I became very very salty only 3 times in Injustice and 2 of them are against a Green Lantern.
But I don't hate it.

However:
- Lantern's Might reach
- Minigun pressure
- B13 and the 50/50 reset game

Makes me cry everytime! They're too good... :'(

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You kan delay your B1.. And mid range he forces most characters to block. I definitely don't think he's one of the easiest characters to block. F3 also beats standing jabs for some reason.

His wake up isn't bad either since it's invincible and grants a full kombo on hit and also limits jump ins. Turbine also gets him out of kross ups on wake up.

He's up there with the most balanced (from the Top Tier characters).
His wakeup isn't actually invincible -- if someone crosses you up you get hit right out of it for full combo. And you have to be standing right on top of them to land an F3 due to the lack of range. So at most distances it's not too hard to block a lot of his offense.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Because the character as a whole both in game and in the DC lore, has nothing on Quahog Lantern. "Beware my chowder, clam Lantern's might!"

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Green Lantern is a load of shit. His damage output should be lower because of his resets. I'm sick of the downplaying by GL players, while they trash on every other overpowered character. If Lantern doesn't get nerfed, I am done with Injustice. If he doesn't get fixed, I will have lost all faith and respect for NRS and Injustice. Might as well left everyone untouched if he gets to keep all the stupid advantages he has. Sure, list the few things that prevent him from being God tier, but that doesn't mean he's not broken when compared to the majority of the cast.

Lanterns might's range needs to be "normalized", and either damage lowered or more recovery frames on the Turbine smash.

rurounikenshin

biggest cyborg upplayer
Personally, the problem I have with GL is that he is really boring for me to watch, use or play against and he is one of the most popular characters in the game, so that is rather annoying.

But that is it, I do not think he needs nerfs, I do not think a minigun nerf could be that bad for him and it would make it a little more risky for him to use strings, because just cancelling them into minigun for free on block with pretty much no risk (I think you can interrupt it in some strings) and getting safety, good chip damage and perfect LM range is rather braindead, I mean, after like 5 matches with him I was already able to get the concept of his gameplay and how he works. He is the character I hate the most, but still, many other characters deserve more hate/nerfs than him.

Plus, there is a really good answer against him: iaNB.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
His wakeup isn't actually invincible -- if someone crosses you up you get hit right out of it for full combo. And you have to be standing right on top of them to land an F3 due to the lack of range. So at most distances it's not too hard to block a lot of his offense.

Let me quote myself.

Not everyone has untechable knockdowns so you kan roll and then lift if they try to kross up.

Turbine to get out of kross ups is something Shoryuken (changed his name to "Man on the Run") does.

His wake ups keep people in check but some characters kan shut it down. That's usually how most wake ups are.
And if he kould 50/50 from his B1 range he would be ridiculous... That shit even beats standing jabs for some reason.. Don't know why he jumps so high....

B1 being so fast also forces you to block from that range as well. You kan't walk away because it's a low and it's so fast and ranged. Kan't jump either obviously.