What's new

Question - Deceptive Why am I suddenly running into Deceptive Reps?

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I've been on a month hiatus so please excuse my ignorance. Is Decept the new Reptile hype? Am I missing something? I know it received buffs but is it the "go to" choice for Reptile players now? I use dude on the side but I've always felt Noxious was the best and Nimble was close behind it. I've played 3 Reptiles tonight and ALL of them were using deceptive. Duhfuq?

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Deceptive is just... deceptive. I was run over by a few of those invisible fuckers after the patch. From what Ive seen nimble is the least used atm.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
it's easy man,once deceptive comes close and you have no meter for ex special,you are open!

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I think [eople may be over-hyping Deceptive just a little, it is definitely on par with his other 2 now, maybe better.

He can get plus frames from cancelling certain strings into ExInvis and can also use ExInvis as a parry in certain strings and on wakeup as it has armor. It can also be used to continue combos like F21xxExInvis, F412xx...

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I've been on a month hiatus so please excuse my ignorance. Is Decept the new Reptile hype? Am I missing something? I know it received buffs but is it the "go to" choice for Reptile players now? I use dude on the side but I've always felt Noxious was the best and Nimble was close behind it. I've played 3 Reptiles tonight and ALL of them were using deceptive. Duhfuq?
On the cool, I think Deceptive Reptile isn't viable.

:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
deceptive is probably reptiles safest variation. You can't punish a blocked low or overhead when you have no idea that you just blocked an unsafe low or overhead.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
it´s just that the amount of reptile players raised, because he doesn´t suck anymore. Deceptive is just the most played because noxious / nimble are bad. Noxious combos suck and the tiny dmg is just a gimmick. Nimble execution is pretty hard. Also invisibility is klassic and reptile without invis is stupid.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
imo the only thing noxious offers that deceptive dont have is the cloud. Deceptive has the puddle, and gains invisibility, massive pressure, and can reversalof almost every move in the game with his
EX invisibility #datOneFrameStartup

imo they are equally profitable, nimble with the Green House effect, Noxious with get the fuck off me stank, and Deceptives Invisible pressure/reversal

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Pretty sure StreamoftheHut is a different guy. I asked him in chat and he confirmed that he was a fan of PigoftheHut. Why don't they have the same name if they are the same guy? Not rocket science, holmes.
LMAO Stream of the hut is pigs stream fool... just so you know he was probably trolling you