What's new

Whose alternate costume do you think we've seen?

Plop

Noob
I'm glad someone's made this thread.
I personally reckon that Kung Lao's is his alternate. I reckon his default one is a younger version

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Hello folks. You probably noticed I just carved up this thread relating to a conversation that will NOT be allowed to continue. This thread is a good idea, and I am keeping it up instead of nuking it outright due to the kind of conversation that took place. I just wanted to issue a statement though.

Race, Color, Sexuality, Creed...these are very VERY serious things in people's lives. We do not insult other members about this, nor do we talk ill of things related to these as if they might be negative even if it relates to something as trivial as character design in a game. These statements hit HARD when we do. Generalize, but don't start saying "they look like ____ and thats why its bad" if the thing that fills in that blank is a part of a group that is a minority. Say you prefer them more muscular, or aggressive looking, but stating a slur of anykind even if its a minority you represent is not proper behavior.

Also we do not rise to bait to flame people who are circling the offensive regarding these things...you flag a mod and stop talking till its cleaned. Jumping in and trying to fight the fight leads to heated arguments that go Toxic VERY fast and no one wants to witness these sorts of arguments of "who said what and how it was meant to be taken".

Also I will say this...just being a part of something doesn't make it fair to use terms others can't say. If your black you still can't post the "N" word and the same goes for anything that would be a slur if said by someone regardless of context. We all have to play by the same rules and realize even if you are a part of some minority it still makes others uncomfortable to refer to it in slurs...especially online where no one may know whether you are a part of that Race, Creed, Color, or sexuality etc.

I'm leaving this thread up. Folks were warned for various behavior. I don't care who started it, how it snowballed downhill and who anyone feels is at fault...know ALL parties who said anything that went beyond a rule got warnings for each individual rule broken by that person. Don't try to argue about it, defend your side here or anything. That conversation and all things related to it aside from this notice will continue being removed to keep our boards clean and respectable. Some fights everyone ends up a loser in...take this for what it is. Me trying to be fair and in doing so having to hit EVERYONE who stepped out of line per rule broken. Be thankful I didn't go per instance.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The thing is, he looks fine as he is right now. He doesn't look "skinny" (lol, seriously guys?) and it suits him. Realistically, he's got an athletic body, not every male needs to be a bodybuilder in this game.
EXACTLY

and honestly... it wouldn't fit his character to be big and bulky... he's supposed to be a stealthy type character. An assassin... he has an invis more for crying out lout. lol

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
On one hand I really like Ermac as a physically fragile guy who is literally bursting at the seems falling apart, but is also ridiculously powerful and adept when it comes to magic.

They're really committing to it as well, a lot of his normals are using his TK(can we call this something else now? It clearly isn't actually Telekinesis anymore and is purely soul magic) instead of just physical hits.

On the flip-side, I love how they made Quan-Chi physically imposing, dude got taller and a lot more muscular. This says a lot of Quan-Chi that was hinted at and implied and shown a little before but is now fully realized with this new design.

Dude can plot and connive and cook up some nasty magic, but he's also still a brutal warrior and probable hellspawn who had to fight his way to the top of the Netherrealm.

Like, he doesn't only make people walk into blades from a distance, he's also the kind of guy who rips off people's legs and beat them the fuck to death with them.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
I love the new Ermac.

And how can we be sure that the Reptile in the character select portrait isn't just another variation?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Because it's his costume from the comics, and none of the variations are full fledged costume swaps, they purposely only made them minor changes.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
This reminds me of how Deadly Alliance characters had their alts shown before they were thought to have been their primaries.

Kitana unmasked costume - alt
Kung Lao with hat on - alt
Subzero ninja costume - alt
Reptile primal - alt

And Hsu Hao was revealed without his hat, and actually had a different name: Kublai Khan

Error

DF2+R2
This reminds me of how Deadly Alliance characters had their alts shown before they were thought to have been their primaries.

Kitana unmasked costume - alt
Kung Lao with hat on - alt
Subzero ninja costume - alt
Reptile primal - alt

And Hsu Hao was revealed without his hat, and actually had a different name: Kublai Khan
hahaha, I like how they made it a point that we knew Kenshi was blind.

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
The only one that strikes me as a possible Alt. Costume is Reptile, as I think his main will be human.

Also any "25+ years" character could either be main or alt, but it could go either way depending on Story Mode appearance.