What's new

Who's you're main?

As of right now I'm maining Kitana, and attempting to learn more about Mileena as a tag partner. Was thinking of Sindel for a tag partner, but Mileena is just more badass. Also, two zoning characters for a tag team doesn't sound like a good idea.

Kitana just fits my play style so well. She may not have many mixups, but her zoning is one of the best IMO, with the ability to deal 20%+ damage off of a jumping opponent caught by a fan. She also can handle herself up close when needed, having a stupidly fast poke to remove pressure and her f2 having amazing reach. I love being able to stay just out of reach of all of Smoke's attacks except for his projectiles, while still being able to hit with my f2 combo for 40%+

Mileena, I'm still learning how to use properly. I love her mixup game, and her ability to shut down zoners with her roll or teleport. From what I understand her D4 gives her one of the lowest hitboxes in the game which is always a plus too.

I can also use Liu Kang and Raiden pretty well when I'm bored of playing with my Kitana online. No offense to any players of either character, I just feel like these characters are easy to use with enough mixup options to always keep the opponent guessing.

I feel that once I've mastered Mileena a bit more, I want to play CSZ or Cage. I have a friend who has mained the normal SZ since the days of MK1, who felt that he just wasn't a good enough character in MK9. I introduced him to CSZ and he's having a blast with him now. I am starting to see CSZ potential and it's starting to pull me in as a character I'd like to use.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
When I got the game I was actually leaning on Johnny and Scorpion from my experience with the demo. However I wasn't sure who I would want to go with. Playing the story mode I would get a feel for each character and ultimately decided on Cyber Sub. I like his mix ups, his dive kick, and his parry. He suited my play style and I made him my official main. My close second main is Ermac. My friend was using him in training and making up combos but he couldn't quite do them, I could. He dropped Ermac after that and wanted to pick "his own" mains. However I'm no slouch with a variety of the cast. I can do bnb's and/or in the range of 30-40 percent combos with Scorpion, Subzero, Johnny, Jax, Noob, Kitana, Kratos, Kenshi, Rain and a few others I can't think of. However my mains are where I truly shine.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Main: Ermac
Secondaries: Sindel, Noob

I would like to use Reptile, Sub and Sektor... but I lack lab time. :(

King

Sig Maker
To be honest, I have no idea anymore.

I started with Sektor when I first picked MK9; I loved his fatalities and that evil ass laugh he did whenever he hit you with an AA TU or a EX TU. He was also a very fast character with great AA options. (This was important for me since I came from a SF background.)

Then I went to Smoke and loved his OTG bomb combos and how he can build meter safely. Once they took out the OTG bomb, I felt he as severely weakened and dropped him.

I then went to Sub Zero. I loved using Sub as I felt he was the ultimate pattern exposer. (Again, this was important for me since I came from a SF background where mashing uppercuts on wakeup was crazy popular.) I still use him today.

Then I went to Noob Saibot and I freaking LOVED him. I loved his mixup/mindgames, his fatalities, epic win pose, and evil voice. He's the one I've stuck with through good and bad. I then made a video that explored his reset/mixup options and that became pretty popular.

Then I went to Kabal and I liked the challenge that came with playing him; I can say he's the only character that I still have trouble with today execution-wise. I liked his reset abilities, insane pressure potential, great AA game, and his ability to be able to get a combo from fullscreen.

Right now, I'm currently experimenting with Scorpion as his vortex game is SICK. He's also got some strong air game and he's got the ability to keep his opponent on their toes at all times.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Right now, I'm currently experimenting with Scorpion as his vortex game is SICK. He's also got some strong air game and he's got the ability to keep his opponent on their toes at all times.
Elaborate please.. :)

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
I like Sindel because she kinda reminds of Rose from SF: zoning character with low damage.

I like Mileena because she's a fast character and can rush someone down. Sonya looks kinda good, after seeing Morty play her.

But my absolute fave is Miss SHEEVA. She's a fierce bitch! lol

Abudabi

Noob
Being able to pick Freddy at any time is fun and all, but they seriously need to make all dlc characters a mandatory patch, so I get my Rain game on.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Subby. Was drawn in to him by his EXTREME high damage 20% combo which at my early days I thought: high damage combo= my guy. I stuck with him. Still do.

I originally wanted to main shang but to a beginner he is VERY technical. Sometimes I wish I could get better with him, but then I struggle.

One day.

I have no clue. I try and learn at least 2 characters a month. The ones that I play with most are Skarlet, Rain, Kenshi, Liu Kang, Nightwolf, Ermac, and Noob. I was in the lab with Mileena today. I never realized how steep her learning curve. Mad props to Mileena players and insane props to Reo.

I believe I'll learn Scorpion and Reptile next. They'd make a sick tag team. Only character I really hate is Sub Zero. He will be the last person I learn.

Main: Mileena, love her rushdown, ending combos with neckbite to elimanate wake up attacks, ias/regular air sais for meter building+ decent zoning, teleport for anti air and counter zoning
alt: sub zero, love to have him to bust out when i know im playing someone who is a bit reckless
currently working on johhny cage and kabal, would really like to incorporate a high pressure character into my arsenal

Main:
Sub-Zero. He's been great for me after I decided to switch from Smoke after the first month or so, and I proved it by winning the GenCon tournament. Good times to be had.

Alts:
Smoke. My original main whom I still use in rough matches against zoners/teleporters, i.e. Scorpion, Noob, Ermac, Sektor.
Ermac. I'd main him if he were a bit more reliable (not saying he isn't, just saying for me personally), but alas, I only use him for the SZ mirror match.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Main: Mileena, love her rushdown, ending combos with neckbite to elimanate wake up attacks, ias/regular air sais for meter building+ decent zoning, teleport for anti air and counter zoning
alt: sub zero, love to have him to bust out when i know im playing someone who is a bit reckless
currently working on johhny cage and kabal, would really like to incorporate a high pressure character into my arsenal
I would love to learn her rushdown. Every Mileena player I've come across online is a kick/sai spammer. If she has some good get-ins, I need to learn them. I dabbled with her for a few days but never got off the ground with her aside from combos.

I main Cage right now. Kitana's a second and Kabal is in the works. I was maining Reptile for a while and Cyrax until recently (I play Cyrax as if his resets were non-existent). I'm on and off but Cage has consistently been my go-to when I needed a match to make me feel better about my shitty secondaries. Kabal's going to be good, though, once I get going.

My main now is Nightwolf. He's the tightest character in the game. I mean this bad boy is some big ass Native American dude with face paint, a feather in his hair and sports the craziest alternate costume with a wolf skin over his head. Not too mention he fist bumps his chest during rounds. He's like a tricked out Apache Chief. Just reeks of coolness.

Oh and I play the green lizard and the snowman.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Mileena has rushdown? Her 11 string has decent speed and combo can be started with it, but I don't know... Maybe crossups followed by 43, 11 or b3? But still, you have no chance up close against Johnny of Liu for example. It's also easier to ball punish zoners fireballs than to rush them down, so can you explain this? :confused:

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Kano is my main man because ive been using him since mk3, and im only 18 lol

I love his versatility especially in MK9 though he has some issues

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Sektor.
In Tekken, its Bryan.

I only main cyborgs in my fighting games cuz they are the coolest, and these two have the best laughs in their respective games.

blues686

Black lantern
i play cyrax cuz i love playing broken! and making people rage quit...lol j/k

i play characters that arent very execution heavy and do good damage.. i started the game playing liu kang and learned his annoying loop pretty easily.. i got annoyed by losing alot to the s tier characters so i picked up cyrax as a secondary. i fell in love with the character and now hes my main with liu kang as my secondary.. i think those two set me up to help each other characters bad match ups.. so i have options if a bad match up comes around that is impossible to beat.