What's new

Who's you're main?

Smoke
I always find different ways to mind fk my opponent he can pressure from anywhere on the screen. His juggle combos are fun esp in the corner his costume 2 is straight ninja bad ass. Where there is smoke there is fire? STAY DOWN!

Jade
She really takes risks and requires you to learn your opponent and exploit their weaknesses. Shes not high execution but you have to know when to ex glow, glow and throw projectiles, poke or go for combos. Fun to play even tho I usually own someone completely or get fked up. I helps that shes hot too.

Lui Kang
Mix ups, tiger knee fireballs, low combo starters, overheads, parry? Very fun to play with.

Skarlet
Idk why I like playing with her but I find her command dash and kunais interesting.

I also learned Sektor and Kitana but they get kinda boring to me. I should learn some more characters.

I take tons of crap for this, Raiden. I was going to alt freddy the second they announced him, of course he has to be broken so I take crap for that to :)

As soon as I fight someone fast enough to shut down teleport I lose with Raiden tho, guess I'm scrub? :)

I Main Mileena cause she fits my playstyle. Also she has a nice mix-up game and is good against Rushers & Zoners.
Her enhanced moves are worth the 1 bar, fast projectile to build meter.

My alternates are Smoke, Reptile and LiuKang/JohnnyCage. i'm trying Liu And johnny both out and gonna choose one of the 2.

I've played Cyrax but i feel a little cheap, nothing personal Cyrax players.
Cyrax has also a high learning curve if you want to main him.

Smoke's mindgames are endless and is good against zoners, Fastest sweep in the game, and builds meter very fast.

Reptile's endless pressure with his EXSlowForceBall and dash in, easy strings and 50/50's. And i think his X-Ray is one of the best in the game.

King

Sig Maker
Elaborate please.. :)
Gladly.

OK, so off of any spear, Scorpion gets the ability to put his opponent into a constant guessing game (a vortex.) This is done by doing F21 Teleport. After the teleport, you are at massive frame advantage and can move before your opponent can. From this setup, you have any one of these options available to you:

1) Go low using F4 and linking it into spear. This is unsafe on block however. On hit, this gives you a full combo that ends with your opponent right next to you on your feet ready for more pressure. The combo is F4 Spear NJP B2 JK Teleport Dash 21 Spear. This combo will faceplant your opponent in front of you and reset the situation.

2) You can go low using B4. This gives a hard knockdown, is safe on block, but can't be linked into spear obviously.

3) You can go high with F3 which is a safe overhead. This safe overhead can't be linked into spear.

4) You can go high with B2 which is unsafe on block but can grant you access to a spear on hit. If B2 hits, you have enough time to hit confirm the spear. When the spear connects, your best option is to do F21 Teleport to reset the situation and put your opponent into the guessing game again.

5) You can go high with 2, 1+2 which is unsafe on block but grants you a spear. In order to get the spear from this string, you have to commit to it. This means that you can't hit confirm the 2, 1+2 but you must go all or nothing for it.

6) Throw. Simple throw into hellfire.

7)Crossup punch into any of the above choices.

At this point, you might be asking what the point of the safe options are. The safe options are used to condition your opponent to blocking a certain way with no risk to you whatsoever. Once they've been conditioned, you can go for the "bang for your buck" options and have a higher chance of landing them.

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
Kitana.

The moment I saw her in MK2, I knew I had to play her.

Have played her / will player in EVERY MK ever. No kitana, no puchase.

I mean, she blows you up with a kiss and cuts bitches with fans, do I need anything else?

Although, like just about everyone else - Scorpion was my original favorite. Still play him from time to time.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Gladly.

OK, so off of any spear, Scorpion gets the ability to put his opponent into a constant guessing game (a vortex.) This is done by doing F21 Teleport. After the teleport, you are at massive frame advantage and can move before your opponent can. From this setup, you have any one of these options available to you:

1) Go low using F4 and linking it into spear. This is unsafe on block however. On hit, this gives you a full combo that ends with your opponent right next to you on your feet ready for more pressure. The combo is F4 Spear NJP B2 JK Teleport Dash 21 Spear. This combo will faceplant your opponent in front of you and reset the situation.

2) You can go low using B4. This gives a hard knockdown, is safe on block, but can't be linked into spear obviously.

3) You can go high with F3 which is a safe overhead. This safe overhead can't be linked into spear.

4) You can go high with B2 which is unsafe on block but can grant you access to a spear on hit. If B2 hits, you have enough time to hit confirm the spear. When the spear connects, your best option is to do F21 Teleport to reset the situation and put your opponent into the guessing game again.

5) You can go high with 2, 1+2 which is unsafe on block but grants you a spear. In order to get the spear from this string, you have to commit to it. This means that you can't hit confirm the 2, 1+2 but you must go all or nothing for it.

6) Throw. Simple throw into hellfire.

7)Crossup punch into any of the above choices.

At this point, you might be asking what the point of the safe options are. The safe options are used to condition your opponent to blocking a certain way with no risk to you whatsoever. Once they've been conditioned, you can go for the "bang for your buck" options and have a higher chance of landing them.
Too add on to this, F2,1,Teleport is the basis of a fake loop/reset (I think I'm using that term correctly). Basically, if you end a combo with F2,1,Teleport then jin.P/jover.P and mix-up between 1,1,Spear; 3,3,Spear; F+4 Spear; B+2, Teleport, 1,1,1, Spear; or 2,1+2, Teleport, 1,1,1, Spear, then you have a chance to keep continuing dealing damage until they guess a mix-up right.

King

Sig Maker
Too add on to this, F2,1,Teleport is the basis of a fake loop/reset (I think I'm using that term correctly). Basically, if you end a combo with F2,1,Teleport then jin.P/jover.P and mix-up between 1,1,Spear; 3,3,Spear; F+4 Spear; B+2, Teleport, 1,1,1, Spear; or 2,1+2, Teleport, 1,1,1, Spear, then you have a chance to keep continuing dealing damage until they guess a mix-up right.
I don't think that I get this. All those options you listed are unsafe on block. So you would be getting chip damage, but if a spear or teleport is blocked, you're screwed.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
I don't think that I get this. All those options you listed are unsafe on block. So you would be getting chip damage, but if a spear or teleport is blocked, you're screwed.
That's why I said until your opponent guesses right. Spear can be hit confirmed easily out of 1,1 and 3,3, especially after a jin.P; F+4, 2,1+2, and B+2 are mix-up options which if your opponent guesses wrong, lead to another 23% to 33% combo ending with F2,1, Teleport, allowing you to continue this fake loop until your opponent guesses right and blocks one of your mix-ups.

Big Frog

Noob
The moment I saw her in MK2, I knew I had to play her.
Mrs Kensington!

Sheeva's been my favorite since MK3 though. Ermac is close. As a young horny boy I just wanted to see a something in a slingshot thong, but it was much more than that. We used to have neighborhood (mainly MKT) tournaments and no one would use her. I would beat people and laugh. And not just Sheevaspam, I would actually try to use her. Still do. She's the most fun character to use in my eyes and I don't care that she has some serious flaws. Getting owned sometimes is part of Sheeva's game. :)

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Sektor and Mileena, I play Quan on the side but not too great with him, trying to learn Kenshi atm he seems like a fun char.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I used to main Kabal, but my hand hurts like a bitch from that shit. So now I'm dedicating my time to Kenshi (again) and not really missing Kabal at all.

I also play both Sub-Zeros here and there to amuse myself.

Still maining Sindel even through all the b/s. The challenge is fun using her. She's just too much fun and I love making people ragequit! I flawlessed a Johnny Cage the other day so that really boosted my confidence.

I dropped Reptile a month ago. I dunno but so many people jumping on the bandwagon made me lose interest in him. Reptile mirrors are not much fun. In his place I have slowly been learning Skarlet and use Sub-Zero every now and then. I've been using Sub little by little since the early demo, so it's always been in the back of my mind.

Also tried Kabal but he takes a lot of patience to get down. I like him but won't use him much at all.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Still maining Sindel even through all the b/s. The challenge is fun using her. She's just too much fun and I love making people ragequit! I flawlessed a Johnny Cage the other day so that really boosted my confidence.

I dropped Reptile a month ago. I dunno but so many people jumping on the bandwagon made me lose interest in him. Reptile mirrors are not much fun. In his place I have slowly been learning Skarlet and use Sub-Zero every now and then. I've been using Sub little by little since the early demo, so it's always been in the back of my mind.

Also tried Kabal but he takes a lot of patience to get down. I like him but won't use him much at all.
Every time I fight a Sindel (see: almost never) I always think to myself "boy, I really like the fact that my character of choice does damage."

In a roundabout way, I feel for you.

JkOC

Noob
Main is Sektor, 2nd is Cyber Subs. Also use Smoke, Scorpion, and Noob. Play some kabal and Jade too.

Snolla

Noob
I main Sub-Zero as I have always been a fairly defensive player, however when the time calls for a rush down Subby feels very comfortable to me. His combos aren't very difficult and I like how I can control the positioning on of the fight with my clone (especially against non-teleporters). I've taken him almost as far as I can (with my skill level) and I think I am about to move onto a new main.

My backup (who was initially my first) is Smoke, however I am not as strong with him as I am with Subby. I will switch up to him is someone tele-rapes my Sub-Zero.

I am considering a switch to Rain somewhere along the line. People say he is very difficult to use online because of the lag and negative edge issues but I am still intrigued by his play style. He is also my favorite MK character for non game-play reasons.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I used to main Scorpion, like 90% of MK players, but I just could not get into his playstyle. Also didn't like the fact that so many people used him online.

Next, I went with Smoke. When he was a cyborg, he was always my favorite of the three, but I LOVED Human Smoke even more, and was thrilled to see him finally return for MK9. Since I first started playing online, I have mained Smoke, and love everything about him. I will continue to main him for as long as he is a playable character in future MK games as well. As Smoke, I have a very defensive playstyle, and love to bait and punish. Once I get them with my tricks (and Smoke has a lot of them), I try to close the distance and switch to a relentless rushdown style. If they block or counter, I run away again, build meter, and try to close the distance once I see an opportunity. I also love juggling with a passion, so expect 30-45% combos every single time you leave yourself open. This character has so much untapped potential, it's incredible.

My secondary is Kenshi. Solely picked this character because of his flashy moveset; never really liked him as a character. I love to zone with Kenshi and mix things up to confuse my opponents.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
i main Kano; not really sure why, but i decided to main him about a week before MK was released for no real reason. that's how i pick most mains, i just kinda get a hunch about a certain character and decide to main them. picked up liu kang and kenshi alternately because they're sexy as fuck.