What's new

Who's your favourite Comicbook Superhero & Villain?

Where should I start reading, can you give me an overview of the series to buy to get into the Doom/FF4 storys
Books of Doom is a really good mini about Dr. Doom written by Ed Brubaker that does a really good job of retelling his origin story.

Jonathan Hickman's entire run is pretty damned good which takes place from #570–588 then 600–611)

Mark Waid's run was damned good too, particularly the under her skin and unthinkable arcs, vol 3 issues 60 - 70

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
If you would ask me this like a few years ago before I knew about the lore of the Marvel universe, the answer would easily be Wolverine for the hero spot and Magneto for the villain spot. I was I huge fan of both characters the minute I saw each of them. Their personality, their outfits, their powers and their stories have always so intriguing, along with the right voice actors for them in the X-Men animated show (the Israeli dub in my case).

But after I read more about Magneto I've realized that he never really was a villain, considering what he stood up for, and he even teamed up with the X-Men more then once. So I think that Magneto should be, if we wanna go in Pro Wrestling terms, a tweener.

So I guess my favorite comic book villain is the Shredder, as the Ninja Turtles originated from comic books. Shredder was always a bad ass Villain both in personality and looks. Now that I think about it, I guess the Ninja Turtles themselves share the hero spot with Wolverine for me. As TMNT was the very first big franchise I grew up on as a kid.

So for me it goes like this:

Hero: Wolverine and all 4 of the Ninja Turtles.

Tweener: Magneto.

Villain: The Shredder.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
DC Heroes:
1. Batman
2. Nightwing
3. Superman
4. Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
5. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
6. Robin (Tim Drake)
7. The Flash (Barry Allen)
8. Wonder Woman
9. Robin (Damian Wayne)
10. Martian Manhunter
HMs to Batman (Thomas Wayne), Black Canary, Doctor Fate, Aquaman, John Constantine, Cyborg, and Shazam

DC Villians:
1. Deathstroke
2. The Joker
3. Bane
4. Darkseid
5. Harley Quinn
6. Owlman (Thomas Wayne Jr- Earth 3)
7. Deadshot
8. Lex Luthor
9. Captain Cold
10. Reverse Flash(Thawne)
HMs to Zod, Black Spider, Ultraman, The Anti-Monitor, Black Manta, Ra's Al Guhl, Black Adam, Doomsday, and Brainiac

Marvel Heroes:
1. Wolverine
2. Captain America
3. Iron Man
4. Cyclops
5. Black Panther (could move up potentially)
6. Spider-Man
7. Iceman
8. Daredevil
9. Professor X
10. Deadpool

Marvel Villians:
1. Magneto
2. Doctor Doom
3. Venom
4. Carnage
5. Thanos
6. Green Goblin
7. Mystique
8. Dark Phoenix
9. Sabertooth
10. Apocalypse

I know jack shit about Marvel, hence there being no honorable mentions at all, I struggled even thinking of 10 Marvel villians, so my Marvel lists are probably pretty cringe to you Marvel fans since all I know is from the movies where the Marvel villians were lame af

Last edited: