What's new

Who's your favourite Comicbook Superhero & Villain?

Thingy

Retired account
Marvel Hero/Vigilante: Punisher, The Hulk, The Thing, X-Man(Nate Grey)

Marvel Villain: Magneto, Mr. Sinister, Dark Phoenix, Proteus

DC Hero: Superman, The Flash, Shazam

DC Villain: Bane, Deadshot, Joker, Reverse Flash

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Marvel: Silver Surfer + Galactus
DC: Dr. Fate + Time Trapper
Image: Freefall + Redeemer
Chaos: Lady Death + Evil Ernie
Paws: Garfield + Nermal
Calvin&Hobbes: Dad and Mom

Hini

Batomancer
Dc Heroes: Batman and Redhood.

Dc Villains: Joker, pretty much any of batmans rogues.

Marvel Heroes. Cap, Loki (Drax used to be on here before the Bendis run when he suddenly became space thor)

Marvel Villains: Thanos

Favorite superhero- Spiderman number 1 favorite.. Love joke he makes smart ass comeback.. His nerdy ways of trying fit in and find himself the balance of being HERO and teenage mj work aunt may etc.. Most important my personal favorite quote WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY.. Something he struggle to stand by.. A character most ppl can relate too..

Batman 2nd favorite.. I love bad ass attitude doing whatever it takes to get the job done.. The world greatest detective .. Physical and. Mental perfection proves how far he delicated to his cause..

Static shock. Just love the character and powers

Wolverine badass loner at times does what he wants when he wants.. Also love his quote IM THE BEST AT WHAT I DO BUT WHAT I DO ISN'T VERY NICE..

Raven love the mystery behind her character her struggle to fit in with her friends and member of teen titan. Demon father etc

Favorite villains joker catwoman venom carnage hotstreet there more can't think of them all now..

Favorite comic is the cross over of dc and marvel nightwing and juberlee..

Any spiderman wolverines static batman spawn ghost rider comic

Bat's by a long shot. Nightwing and Red Hood have some great stories as well. Not really a "super hero" but I love Marv from Sin City.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
No one comes close to Batman in the DCU for me. And, he's the only hero I will consistently go to the theater to see (maybe WoWo will change that? Tbd)

As for why, he's an inspiration in the sense that he's a regular human being that has pushed himself to the peak of physical and mental accomplishment.

For villains it's gotta be Magneto. He was the first villain I knew of, that was a hero in his own mind. Plus, he's extremely powerful.

Close runner up is Apocalypse, who's willing to F things up to make sure that the strongest survive.

My favorite hero is by far Batman (judging by my nickname is pretty obvious lol). He is the definition of incorruptible, Bruce had his life taken from him and has been engulfed in darkness for the rest of his life, but it's not because he is forever doomed to the dark that he doesn't know the value of light, he knows it so well that he shares it with everyone. Batman started his war on crime alone, and his fierce courage inspired other people to fight this war along with him, without wanting it, or noticing it, he has become a symbol for Gotham because he was, for the city, the hero that he never met back in the Crime Alley at his childhood. He pulled multiple people from the abyss where he is eternally doomed, and even when everything pointed him to the wrong path (a path of killing, anger and deception) he chose the righteous path and is forever tied to his oath to save his city from the crime that took his life (because in the end, he needs to be Batman, this war never stops for him). A trully inspirational character. Before I forget I trully recommend The Long Halloween and Dark Victory for starters.

My favorite villain is The Joker, I don't think that he is the best villain in history (I think Magneto is a better one), but my favorite doesn't need to be the best. Joker challenges every aspect of Batman's morality and uses Batman's best agaisnt him. Everytime I read a story arc, and Joker comes along I always think to myself: Man, now things are screwed for good, as if nothing could get any worse. He is a monster, killer that re-creates himself everytime, his psicology is complex and adds so much to the character, because he is someone that Batman, and the reader, wants to understand. He is trully a villain that makes you afraid, angry, but you can't hate him. A perfect match for Batman, the classic case of the unstoppable force meeting an immovable object and because of that they will be facing agaisnt each other for eternity. For Joker I recommend Arkham Asylum, A Serious House on a Serious Earth it brings out the fact that joker re-creates himself, and is so good.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I don't have any favorite heroes from either side but I do have favorite villains .

Thanos & Darkseid

Those two are like goat to me

Edit: Black Canary is my favorite Heroine though if that counts

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
DC
- Favorite hero: Batman, though mostly because of the Arkham games.
- Favorite villain: Tie between Jason Todd (because of his dynamic with Batman) and Lex Luthor (because of his dynamic with Superman).

Marvel
- Favorite hero: Spiderman
- Favorite villain: No idea lol.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Hero, Daredevil. In large part because life absolutely shits on him at every possible opportunity. It's great.

Villain, Dr. Doom. Dude has handed Galactus his ass, taken over the world and stopped ruling it simply because he was bored, clawed his way out of hell while wearing armor made of the skin of his one true love, oh, and he he had his arch nemesis name his daughter after him. Which I'm pretty damned sure no other villain's ever done, giving him a lasting impact far more concrete that any "victory" a comic book villain is ever really allowed.

Where should I start reading, can you give me an overview of the series to buy to get into the Doom/FF4 storys

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Batman just has the most good stories across all media so I got to pick him. But honorable mention for hero goes to Lex "Super-Lex" Luthor since Forever Evil.

Villains go to lord of the anti life himself in Darkseid and Ozymandius, each for being a huge badass in their own way.

Pangolin-man

My trusty sidekick is not amused!
I like a lot of different comics, although I definitely skew towards DC. Marvel is good, but DC has better villains overall. Some of my favorites are neither. Here we go.

DC:
Heroes - Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Green Lanterns (Pretty much all of them), Superman
Anti-heroes - Batman (Yes, I think he is more of an anti-hero), Nightwing, Sinestro, Poison Ivy, Ras al-Ghul
Villains - Scarecrow, Joker, Atrocitus, Larfleeze, Darkseid

Marvel:
Heroes - Spider-man, Storm, Beast, Falcon, Nightcrawler
Anti-heroes - Daredevil, Deadpool, Magneto, Archangel, Venom
Villains - Carnage, Apocalypse, Dark Beast, Sinister, Doctor Octopus

Miscellaneous (Image, Dark Horse, DC - Vertigo (If this is the characters primary storyline), etc.)
Heroes - Animal Man, Hellboy, Abe Sapien, Swamp Thing, Johann Kraus
Anti-heroes - Spawn, Constantine, Dream, Death, Lucifer
Villains - Rasputin, Kroenen, Malebolgia, Violator, Hecate

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Marvel - Magneto. Everyone else is debateable.
DC - Bane and Doomsday, because the only good DC guy I really enjoy is Cyborg, and he doesn't come anywhere else to those two.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Marvel Hero: Emma Frost
Marvel Villain: Selene

DC Hero: Renee Montoya as The Question
DC Villain: Amanda Waller

My faves have all had a rough last few years lol