What's new

"Who's Next?" What does it mean? Discuss!

What if they have like dead vs living and like a dead meter and shit? And dead have perks aka traits and living have traits.

I hope they give characters traits, it's one thing I like about injustice and unique air normals.

Poop

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Broken spine

Sub-Zero trademark

Otherwise darkness

Noob Saibot breaks the rules of the game.

Nah who am I kidding, it's probably just some passé hashtag marketing slogan.

Last edited:

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
What if they have like dead vs living and like a dead meter and shit? And dead have perks aka traits and living have traits.

I hope they give characters traits, it's one thing I like about injustice and unique air normals.

Poop
I really like the idea of traits but I feel like that is one of Injustice core mechanics that will not make the transition into MK10... kinda like how fatalities are MK's and MK's alone

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
The wording is very deliberate. "Who's NeXt?" Definitely chose that because it has a focus on the x, "MKX"

I think further beyond that though it might refer to the fact that Shao Kahn was the first pawn in Shinnok's plan and the "who's next?" might refer to "who's next to be manipulated in our plan?" from Shinnok's point of view.

Or that could be the broken body of Liu Kang and the question is "Who's next to defend earthrealm?"

Whatever it is I can't wait to find out.

Also I hope weapons are back like in MKD

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Can't kill franchise favorites. No one liked when they took Sonya and Kano out of MK2. No one liked removal of Scorpion, Reptile, Mileena, Cage, Raiden, Baraka from MK3. No one liked removal of Kitana, Mileena, Baraka from MK4. You just don't do it because it's not good for business. MK9 was successful because the reboot went back to what old fans enjoyed. Most Arcade heads stopped messing with MK after MK4, and have almost no clue who the 3d MK cast is. The new cast also have weirdo designs because Tobias didn't make them.

My guess is that we will get most of the old cast from MK9 after you rescue them/unlock them from the Netherrealm, but some will stay in there until the next game. From there we will get close to 15 new characters including DLC. Honestly, if NRS was somehow able to convince WB and the Wachowskis to let them put agent Smith in the game that would be incredible. I doubt WB will ever let them fatality Neo, but they might be able to compromise on agent Smith, either that or another horror character (Jason being the logical successor to Freddy).

40+ characters will be the roster(Similar to Ultra SF).

You can logically conclude that they will not have a roster that's considerably less than Ultra because it would look flimsy by comparison, but they won't fill the 40 with 3d characters. Not going to happen. The Who's next teaser is a red herring to make you think the dead characters will stay dead.

I'm most excited to see if they put in totally new characters.
I sincerely hope not. That many characters would severely bring down the quality of each individual character. MK9 had lots of characters who could be left out without too much fan reaction. Freddy, Kratos, Skarlet, Rain, Sheeva, Kabal, Sindel, Cyber Sub, Nightwolf, Stryker and a few more could make way for new characters.

I'd rather have 25-28 polished, unique and balanced characters than 40+ characters that are barely different from one another like in MKA.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Who's Next refers to "The Who"' band's fifth studio album released in 1971.

Most notable, is the fact that the last track on this album is called "Won't Get Fooled Again".

Edit: Added leaked image.

:DOGE

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
New roster. IE: Those who died in MK9 stay dead.
Anyone have a list of who dies in MK9 story mode? This would really piss a lot of people off if that's what they did. I don't see NRS having the balls to not include all the characters who die. There's ALWAYS a way to explain people still being alive. If Sub Zero is available as Cyber Sub only, there will be tears, just as one example.

Just give me Ermac and I'm good.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
It means evil murdering Santa as portrayed by Bill Goldberg in the academy award winning "Santa's Slay" for DLC

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Well, assuming it's a fighting game; You play one person, beat them and move on, which leaves the question. Who's next?

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Obviously it means, "who's next", to get their back broke.......

Please Boon.. Let HSU HAO, HAVOK, be in it.. Make baraka the BEAST he really is supposed to be.. ANd,,,, ignore the tears that will be shed when I unleash all hell with Raiden... plzzzzz no nerfs...
Hey, you know I'm with you, too. How annoyed would people be getting their ass beat by the character everyone but us hates?

B1 ~ B1 ~ 1,2,3 = Half Life

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I'm guessing Bane broke Batman's back in knightfall so maybe Bane goes on a back breaking xray rampage and crosses over to MK?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Obviously it means, "who's next", to get their back broke.......

Please Boon.. Let HSU HAO, HAVOK, be in it.. Make baraka the BEAST he really is supposed to be.. ANd,,,, ignore the tears that will be shed when I unleash all hell with Raiden... plzzzzz no nerfs...
All baraka has ever really done is be a toady for Shao Kahn and in every game gets his ass handed to him by someone.

Seems his tier placement in MK9 perfectly reflected the character. :p