What's new

Question Who's Next? Top players in neutral (poll)

Which top player would you like to see in neutral for MKX?

• Foxy Grandpa

Votes: 27 32.1%
  • Wound Cowboy

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • DR Gross

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Reo

Votes: 14 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Suggested to me by @ShotgunInsanity I decided why not make a poll of which top player you want to see in neutral (as well as their pressure/zoning game). To be fair, in my previous threads I already had certain players listed (but not in order), so they are included in this poll as well.

What is the purpose of Neutral Series?
This series first started as a past time hobby. One of my favorite parts of fighting games is watching how players move in neutral, getting opponents to whiff, as well as pressuring them into the corner. After TCW (The Common Wealth), I decided to make a series showcasing how players maneuvered in neutral, as well as other situations.

It's kinda of a breakdown, but then it's kind of not. I just make the gifs! Some have found it useful in their game, so I decided to continue it.

How soon will the thread be created?
I recently transferred to a four year university, and am trying to do really well in my first semester. I can't give an exact time frame, especially if I realize it's interfering with my school work. Funny thing is though that these threads have been stress relievers to be honest, so it's mainly just a hobby.

If you wan to be notified when the thread is done, just reply below that you want to be tagged when it's made or PM me. No specific time frame as of now.

Can we make suggestions for which top players on the next poll?

I can't guarantee requests will make the poll list considering this is my first time attempting this. We'll see how it goes and I'll expand on it if a top player is requested by popular demand.

Any chance of MK9 or injustice throwback to players in neutral?
If time permits, but will see.... :D

Previous players in the series of top players in neutral:
Sonicfox in Neutral
DJT in Neutral
Tyrant in Neutral
MIT in Neutral
Honeybee in Neutral

Past Philosophy thread:
The Importance of Walking Forward

NOTE: The polling will close in 21 hours

Last edited:

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
I'll say Foxy cause i play lao and im intrested in you enlightening his neutral and footsies, but i'll actually go for Cowboy this time :D

dem scooops :p

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Sonicfox and Erron Black. Even early on his spacing ito 2122whatthefuckever was/is Godlike.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
ross (disgusting anti-air vs. prepatch tanya)
Added Gifs below the OP for each player in the voting list. Poll ends on Wednesday. Thanks for the feedback :D
I mean look at that anti-air by gross!!! Timing, execution, spacing, patience, it's all there.

Who wants to see top tier kung lao stagger B3s, loop 11212 into hat and armored teleports??

Who wants to see Forever King(what's his new name now?) fail to adapt to low scoop?

Who wants to see REO play ok with a few characters then watch him be better than ok with jason, who only goes so far?

Cassie delivers a useable gameplan with a handy variety of tools that take intellect and intuition to use when needed. Not to say other characters don't. But cassie, especially played by Gross, is the prime example we all could learn from.

Last edited:
I mean look at that. Timing, execution, spacing, patience, it's all there.

Who wants to see top tier kung lao stagger B3s, loop 11212 into hat and armored teleports??

Who wants to see Forever King(what's his new name now?) fail to adapt to low scoop?

Who wants to see REO play ok with a few characters then watch him be better than ok with jason, who only goes so far?

Cassie delivers a useable gameplan with a handy variety of tools that take intellect and intuition to use when needed. Not to say other characters don't. But cassie, especially played by Gross, is the prime example we all could learn from.
If that anti air doesn't make people wanna vote for gross I don't know what will.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I'd love a tag in future threads, great read every time! Congrats on university, i have every confidence if you treat it as well as your tym threads it will be a great learning experience.

If you do throwback Inj thread I hereby vote for @16 Bit he was my favorite player to watch in that game.

Voted for Foxy, too gdlk.