What's new

Match Footage Honeybee in Neutral

Honeybee in Neutral

Primarily known as "the" Flash player in injustice, speculation on how Honeybee would transition in mkx was skeptical. It should be no surprise however that Honeybee exceeded expectations as an mkx player, placing top 8 at CEO and receiving 3rd place at EVO (as well as several other top 8 placings as well).

With the Canadian flag on his back, Honeybee has demonstrated his solid spacing, fundamentals and execution in many tournaments. The following Gifs are observations of Honeybee in neutral, as well as pressure when up close.

Good spacing:

Standing 1 anti-air on cross up:

Conversion in the corner:

Whiff Punish:

Deep d2 anti-air:

Spacing with poke:

Avoiding gernade plus advancing foward for pressure:

Past Threads:
Sonicfox in Neutral
DJT in Neutral
Tyrant in Neutral
MIT in Neutral

Potentially Upcoming:
Foxy
Gross
Daigo

Do you do requests?
Unfortunately since these threads take a while to make I can't guarantee requests. I also had some other threads in mind besides this series, so even the upcoming list isn't 100% guaranteed.

Injustice!? Why make a thread for injustice?
I still plan to make two more threads for injustice as far hitboxes/understanding anti-airs. It's going to take a lot of time, but I still feel it will be applicable to MKX. As stated in my other threads I don't have MKX (and have refrained from discussion as well). However, I still want to make any contribution I can as far as fighting game philosophy goes, which is probably my favorite part of the forums. :)

Last edited:
Using extended limbs to get past zoning:

Favorable Trade:

Standing-1 anti-air on cross up(missed conversion):

Favorable trade:

Poking to push opponent to corner:

Conversion after catching the jump attempt:

Low poke to stuff gernade toss/ punish on tackle:

Avoiding the gernade toss:

Last edited:
Another anti-air cross up:

Avoiding gernade plus advancing foward for pressure:

Empty jump to bait slide?

Standing 1 anti-air:

Conversion:

Potential empty jump to bait anti-air?

1,2,3,4, 5 dashes forward

Standing 1 anti-air on cross up, puts opponent back into the corner:

Last edited:
Another uppercut:

Strong neutral game to close round:

Using pokes to push out of the corner:

Corner pressure seqeunce:

Aggressive dash in during round start:

Pressure, backs off, upper cut:

Sick anti-air vs. corssup:

Similar sequence (pressure, backs off, upper cut):

Last edited:
Bugtoss in neutral to close out match:

d2 anti-air to keep opponent in corner:

Another d2 anti-air:

Poke to check the run in atempt:

Low Poke Anti-air conversion:

Staying within teleport range:

Pressure sequence:

Beautiful check in neutral:

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
How did I miss all those previous threads???? Even the one you tagged me in??????? Completely forgot DJT and MIT had previous characters. "Pick a top tier" at it's finest. jk

I apologize for the shameless bump, but I will be continuing this series for top players. Currently I have transferred to a university and I'm really focused to maintain a high GPA, so I haven't been on the forums as much.

Despite the copious amount of school work I have (I practically spend 5-7 hours minimum at the library studying every day...I'm actually typing this at the library right now lol) I do really miss making threads in the fighting game philosophy section. If I could write a dissertation about it I probably would, I enjoy the topic that much.

As stated earlier, I plan to make more threads for this series, but also for other fighting game topics as well. I also will make a poll to see which thread will be requested the most later in the week (and as well as top players in the neutral series).

Topics will include whiff punishing, zoning, trip guard, movement, anti-airing, hitboxes vs. hurtboxes, puishment, matchup discussion(my thoughts on what it should and shouldn't be) and other topics (although I'm leaning more towards trip guard). I will admit some of the topics I am still learning about, but hopefully if my threads can help out beginners then that's good enough for me. I feel there's not enough discussion when it comes to this topics on the forums, there more important in my opinion than tier list, bnbs, and setups.

I appreciate the feedback from this thread. It's kind of late, so I'm going to be heading home for now. Later!

-Protagoinst_1

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I apologize for the shameless bump, but I will be continuing this series for top players. Currently I have transferred to a university and I'm really focused to maintain a high GPA, so I haven't been on the forums as much.

Despite the copious amount of school work I have (I practically spend 5-7 hours minimum at the library studying every day...I'm actually typing this at the library right now lol) I do really miss making threads in the fighting game philosophy section. If I could write a dissertation about it I probably would, I enjoy the topic that much.

As stated earlier, I plan to make more threads for this series, but also for other fighting game topics as well. I also will make a poll to see which thread will be requested the most later in the week (and as well as top players in the neutral series).

Topics will include whiff punishing, zoning, trip guard, movement, anti-airing, hitboxes vs. hurtboxes, puishment, matchup discussion(my thoughts on what it should and shouldn't be) and other topics (although I'm leaning more towards trip guard). I will admit some of the topics I am still learning about, but hopefully if my threads can help out beginners then that's good enough for me. I feel there's not enough discussion when it comes to this topics on the forums, there more important in my opinion than tier list, bnbs, and setups.

I appreciate the feedback from this thread. It's kind of late, so I'm going to be heading home for now. Later!

-Protagoinst_1
Take care of what's important first and cone back to these threads when you can. And if you need any help I'd be glad to provide assistance if I can