What's new

Match Footage DJT in Neutral

DJT in Neutral

DJT has been a phenomenally solid player over the span of MK9, Injustice, and now MKX. I don't think it's without question he is one of the most fundamentally solid players in the NRS scene (in fact if you haven't watched his set vs Reo in Evo 2013 Grand finals watch it now...like right now). Below are clips of his neutral game.

The following clips are from Next Level Battle Circuit, The Break Weekly, and The Common Wealth

Sick whiff punish on Devorah:

Low profile to put Sonicfox back into the corner

Reaction to Sand Grenade:

d2 anti-air conversion:

Baiting the slide:

Reaction to caltrops:

d1 anti-air against cross up:

Sick whiff punish on poke, then anti-air:

Good patience to avoid hellfire:

Slide to reverse position on jump back attempt:

Standing 1 anti-air, jumps over to gain corner advantage:

Poke then grab to reverse position:

whiff punish poke with slide:

Walks in front of clone to prevent tele, then catches with iceball:

Baits teleport with iceball into ice clone:

Hat toss to check Honeybee's run in after breaker:

Reaction to puddle with force kick:

Whiff punish vs. Devorah:

Hat toss zoning (potential fake on the third hat to initiate pressure?)

Catching the run in attempt:

Winning in Neutral:

Whiff punish bait setup by DJT with Kung lao

Similar Whiff punish bait setup, blocked by Rui48

Last edited:

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Man that Evo Reo vs DJT video has so much replay value. Never played MK9 but damn Cyrax looks ridiculous...

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Lol to that one Gif of fisticuffs Johnny keeping sonic in the corner. He just runs up and starts pressing b12121212121212212121212-2-21212-2-

skater11

The saltiest
DJT has become one of my fav. players and I'm not just saying that because i'm here replying to this thread. He's definitely one of those players who does things for a reason and seems to have a very deep gameplan thought out(like a chess player) throughout all his matches, but yet has fun with the game. He doesn't let it take over him by being too serious and that's something a lot of people can't do.

Marvaz

come at me
Gosh damn foreal. Djt is on another level with kung lao, sub zero, kenshi,and cage. Theres a few close to him with kung lao like forever king and kinda fxy granpa, and pig kinda close with kenshi but cage and sub no one even comes remotely close.

This came faster than expected!
Haha, well DJT is one of my favorite players to watch. I plan on doing Tyrant next, he was consistently anti-airing Michaelangelo in the XBattle's tournament with standing 1.

DJT's footsies are as good as your threads
Thanks man, looking forward to the salt report :)

I'm glad you showed off his d1 and standing 1 AA and anti-crossovers multiple times. He's a beast with that.

Great thread as always.
Much appreciated, I couldn't help but notice it when making these gifs :)

These are great, keep them coming please.
I watched a lot of King of the Hill so this picture made me laugh so hard haha. Thanks