What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

mkkevin

Noob
I for one an not against this pack completely. I'm interested in Xenoraka, I completely forgot that it takes the form of it's host! Those blades shocked me when they came out. And also, the mouth is bigger too(?) I wanted to see Bo Rai Cho make it since he did appear in the story. It's his chance to redeem himself(but then again, he fucking trained Liu Kang, imagine the dialogue and the disappointment of Bo Rai Cho). He's my second most hyped up character from this pack.

Then there's the Triborg. I was expecting a cyborg from that tease, but I never thought they would actually combine all of them! I'm interested to see who this new Cyborg is...

And here's where I got disappointed. Letherface?? Here's where I think the whole problem started. I'm not a fan of his movies. His concept of having a chainsaw for a fighting game is good, but of all people, him? That girl from Lollipop Chainsaw fits better in MK imo. I'm not going to buy him, I didn't buy Jason either.

I honestly don't think these are the last DLC characters. Fujin was the highest requested character. He HAS to be in. This pack isn't that bad, but it was a lost opportunity if you ask me. If Letherface was replaced by a female or Fujin, I feel as though it would've been better.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Of all the new characters to come out of the 3D MK era lore, Ill never understand why he gets so much hate. If you look behind the obvious and see his story/What he actually has to do with MK itself, he's even more important/interesting as far as how things have unfolded. Think about WHY he has become as he's become; if you were the single greatest martial artist in all the realms, the one who's trained every Earthrealm hero since before The Great Kung Lao, and you could probably have single handedly won these tournaments for ages now before the sorcery and invasions and shit hitting the fan, but you literally HAVE to sit back and watch for eons and hope that someone eventually gets it right because if you yourself took action youd be handing the win to Shao Kahn, and you had unnaturally long Outworld sized life, youd want to be hammered 90% of the time too.

I get the fury over lack of Fujin, but going back over the years, he had next to nothing to do with anything that transpired. He just happens to be another deity.
Mr. Lieutenant, thank you. Thank you for enlightening these fools.
Bo' Rai Cho is deep MK lore. Without him, there would be no Liu Kang, Kung Lao, or Kung Jin.
Bo' Rai Cho is the reason MK exists.

Slymind

Noob
I don't get why some people are so upset about Bo, NRS has come a long way since 3d MK era, i'm positive that he will be really cool.

The went through Kenshi, Tanya, Shinnok, Quan-Chi and now Bo'Rai Cho, even if it's in small doses, i hope they keep bringing the 3D era characters back.

Now i shall return to a dark corner and grief some more for Fujin.

Assuming that what you said is 100% correct , how on gods green earth would you explain bo rai cho over Noob/Sindel/Rain/Kabal/any character that people actually like.
Rain= dlc in mk9. Kabal, Noob, Sindel, *any other character* were, or probably, in mk9 already. So, eventhough I'm not a fan of Bo and was repulsed at the thought of him (if kp2 was all MK) but he is kinda repping the MK side of kp2 and I can at least be ok with that.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It was used as a state of fact not as an insult towards casual MK players. I have nothing against them.

It's a common trend, it doesn't mean that ALL casuals just stop playing after a week or a month but that it's true for most. And it's not MK or FG only it's just how people play most games these days. If it's not like you fav. title or atleast genre you can play it, sure but in most cases either you wont be playing that game or (if its really good) you will just play, end it and move on.

@Error no its not, sure there is like i dont know 1000 casual players still playing MK9 now but it was like 100k playing the game when it was released.

You can go check Steam stats for games coz they're public, this is the trend for almost any game (there are exception of course).
I think @Error's point was, the *only* people still playing MK9 (and most of the people playing Injustice, too) are casual players. It's the serious/competitive players that all moved on to the next game.

davidovitch

In Europe!
Haha I hate how they teased me with Baraka but I also love it because I fell for it for a second. The cyborgs variations thing looks pretty cool, will it really be 3 characters in one?

EDIT: The actor who played the original Leatherface passed away this year, so I do like the idea of Leatherface being in the game as a way to honor his work.

Last edited:

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
NRS takes care of the fans if you ask me. They are on of the few companies who do DLC right in my opinion. People can hate on this pack, but NRS does a hell of a job in their situation. They do care about us. It's thanks to use MK is a huge money maker and has crossover into other medias and not suck ass. Remember this series was on the deathbed for a good while. Remember where we came from guys. They started from the bottom now they at the top...and it's fucking awesome.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I was upset about leatherface at first, but some people do want him. Some of you are just acting so entitled like they owe you something. They're making a product, you as the consumer have the option to buy it or not. That sucks if your favorite didn't make the game, if it effects your enjoyment then that's a valid reason to quit. Leatherface being in the game doesn't effect my ability to have fun playing Sub-Zero. He might be fun just wait and see, it has been like 2 days just chill.
This. Fucking seriously this.
I hate Tanya. I genuinely do. They could've put in Kai or Mokap or brought back Freddy and I would've been happier. I genuinely have no taste for her whatsoever, i never have and i never will. But i still bought her, downloaded her, played her to learn the matchup, and i put up with her existence because she's part of the meta, shes a challenge, and anyone who loves her and picks her up could make a masterful player and opponent. Thats what being a devoted competitor is.
Dont think of it as Leatherface, think about it as a deranged psychopath with a chainsaw coming to disassemble and consume you. This is Mortal Kombat. Its literal reinvention. How does that not fit? Wasnt MK9 at its roots a REBOOT? A complete restart of things in a new age? You dont get much more new than a brand of character thats never been attempted before, let alone in a founding father of violent video games where nearly EVERYTHINGS been done.
I cant fucking wait for KP2. All of it.
#ChainsawBoyz

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Dear god! These days reading through the majority of the threads on this site is like trudging through treacle! we all know mkx is unbelievably appalling but in the name of jehovah it seems like everytime nrshite release a game everyone looses their minds and turns into a small animal at the local petting zoo which needs to be fed patches,buffs and nerfs as treats to keep quiet.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
This. Fucking seriously this.
I hate Tanya. I genuinely do. They could've put in Kai or Mokap or brought back Freddy and I would've been happier. I genuinely have no taste for her whatsoever, i never have and i never will. But i still bought her, downloaded her, played her to learn the matchup, and i put up with her existence because she's part of the meta, shes a challenge, and anyone who loves her and picks her up could make a masterful player and opponent. Thats what being a devoted competitor is.
Dont think of it as Leatherface, think about it as a deranged psychopath with a chainsaw coming to disassemble and consume you. This is Mortal Kombat. Its literal reinvention. How does that not fit? Wasnt MK9 at its roots a REBOOT? A complete restart of things in a new age? You dont get much more new than a brand of character thats never been attempted before, let alone in a founding father of violent video games where nearly EVERYTHINGS been done.
I cant fucking wait for KP2. All of it.
#ChainsawBoyz
Yeah same for me with Tremor. I we absolutely not a Tremor fan, I thought he was a waste compared to Smoke, Noob, Fujin, or Sindel. I still don't enjoy playing him particularly but he is a cool character and a good addition to the roaster. I don't think anyone in the game is truly irrelevent, they all offer something.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
My thing is characters, should be that promoted to an extent like for example, Predator mostly everybody knows who he was so they didnt need to promote him b/c he is well known same thing for Jason. So a couple of videos of gameplay footage of what they should looks like in the game should suffice. Same thing for Xenomorph and Leatherface etc. So the rest of the money should go somewhere else if the financial is an issue which I dont think its not.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
NRS takes care of the fans if you ask me. They are on of the few companies who do DLC right in my opinion. People can hate on this pack, but NRS does a hell of a job in their situation. They do care about us. It's thanks to use MK is a huge money maker and has crossover into other medias and not suck ass. Remember this series was on the deathbed for a good while. Remember where we came from guys. They started from the bottom now they at the top...and it's fucking awesome.
Lol what? Where we came from was MK, with MK characters.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Now that I've calmed down a bit since the reveal, Kombat Pack 2 isn't THAT bad. Having 3 cyborgs is cool, redesigning an old character is fine (Bo' Rai Cho) and at least they did something to make Xenomorph fit MK more. I still think Leatherface is terrible, but whatever.

We already know that the new characters will be getting skins (Ed Boon confirmed that on Twitter), which is cool. Hopefully they don't screw up the costumes and they actually make some cool ones (nothing like the Brazil skins for the new characters, please). Hopefully the skins for the classic characters are cool too. I'm hoping for MK4 Shinnok, MK4 Tanya, SF Tremor, MKD Sub-Zer0, and maybe Jason X and City Hunter Predator for the guests. Also, there's The Pit - which is probably the best stage they could have added to this game. I felt like the "MK vibe" was missing from MKX, but The Pit might add some of that back. Imagine playing as one of the new characters on a classic stage, that would be pretty awesome. Especially if there's a Stage Brutality that allows you to knock them off the bridge onto the spikes.

So I'm still excited for Kombat Pack 2. There's a lot of potential for stuff they can add and tweak as well. But I'm still disappointed that they didn't choose more solid picks for the characters.

I second this, I'm happy with the KP2, and if we are really lucky we might get a KP3 on some KI ish....everyone just needs to bone up, and enjoy the fact that we are getting more chars, in reality we got 5 MK chars and 2 guest characters, pretty damn good if u ask me.
After all, KP's are a privilege. They never even guaranteed a KP2 at any point. It was all just wishful thinking by the community and... they listened? hmmpph

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Dear god! These days reading through the majority of the threads on this site is like trudging through treacle! we all know mkx is unbelievably appalling but in the name of jehovah it seems like everytime nrshite release a game everyone looses their minds and turns into a small animal at the local petting zoo which needs to be fed patches,buffs and nerfs as treats to keep quiet.
Not quite sometimes there are really nice and great threads TYM isn't that bad on Day To day basis

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
90% of people also don't really know who to blame in most cases: So they just look at whoever promotes the game the most on social media: surprise! It's Ed Boon.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
If we're to believe that NRS is using leatherface to promote the upcoming film, then KP2 would've happened regardless (or at the very least more dlc). People say they didnt "have to", but it would seem WB would have made them do it