What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

ErMac333

Noob
Aww papasito, it's really not that big of a deal. It's just a game and a stupid decision by the devs. Stand your ground and don't buy it!
I'm just buying Bo, Tri-Borg, and the costumes, that is, if they are good. I at least expect a new one for Tanya :/

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I would just like to clarify:
Tarkatan Xenomorph: HYPE! Also clever.

Bo Rai Cho: Pretty Awesome. I pray he will be like Lei Wulong with Drunken Boxing shenanigans.

Sektor/Cyrax/Smoke: Smart and unique thinking! 3 characters packed into 1! Not a fan of cyborgs at all, but I admire this.

Leatherface:

Should have been Ash freaking Williams or Shang Tsung!

75% of the KP2 is pretty good despite NRS saying "FUCK YOU" and picking who THEY wanted in.

Down 2

Noob
You're not the first to say Leatherface might not be bad. I think you're the third, actually.
I know I wasn't actually saying I was the only one I was just saying that because A lot of people on this site are immediately bashing it (for good reason) but aren't exactly taking what we got and making the best of it.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Let's talk skins guys. So it is likely 3 skins will drop with each character once again. In the alien pack we could have a ripleyish Sonya, similar to commando Cage. In the leather face pack we could get horror shins for Kotal Kahn, D'Vorah, and Ferra/Torr. Kotal could just look more evil and really tribal and more crazy. I dont know about D'Vorah and Ferra/Torr but they are creepy as fuck so they could make that work.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
I would just like to clarify:
Tarkatan Xenomorph: HYPE! Also clever.

Bo Rai Cho: Pretty Awesome. I pray he will be like Lei Wulong with Drunken Boxing shenanigans.

Sektor/Cyrax/Smoke: Smart and unique thinking! 3 characters packed into 1! Not a fan of cyborgs at all, but I admire this.

Leatherface:

Should have been Ash freaking Williams or Shang Tsung!

75% of the KP2 is pretty good despite NRS saying "FUCK YOU" and picking who THEY wanted in.
you dont understand leather face is a secret jason buff shhhh

I'm excited for leatherface, I don't think MKX has enough viable "monster" type characters. I'd like to see him with an effective grappler variation, even though I know Jason is supposed to work that way.

And while I was really pulling to see Sindel badly, like real bad, I have to 100% support anything that keeps this game as financially healthy as possible. If guest characters keep fresh blood coming in and WB more apt to say "Yes" when boon wants to add content then keep them coming to a point.

People get really excited for this stuff outside of the TYM bubble. Work at Best Buy, when people were looking to pre order MKX, all they talked about was "Goro being playable" .. and when Jason was announced that's all the casual fan would talk about. They get 100% hyped for the very things that NRS markets. Sucks for diehards, but it is what it is.

Also to whoever said why not spawn, not sure if it was answered but Boon said on a cast that it was basically really difficult trying to get that license in some way. Like, it's not strictly WB's ownage or whatever.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
This is amazing. People bitching them out over guest characters forget NRS is one of the few characters who do guest characters right and make them worth while at a competitive level. I mean we still be getting use to having guest characters who aren't overly broken or overly shitty.

kantboy-2

Ripper
What if Baraka does not die from the Xenomorph chestbuster? That would be awesome.

Will they do a "bonus" character for preorders a la Goro? That would make MK fans happy.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Goddamnit I was hoping I wouldn't have to explain the joke but oh well

If I'd seen that movie then I'd at least know who Leatherface is and I might not have minded as much :p I would've also understood the reference lol.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
You're not the first to say Leatherface might not be bad. I think you're the third, actually.
I doubt Leatherface is gonna be bad but FFS no one asked for him!

Can we get Dr. Frank-N-Furter from RHPS next then? I wanna body bitches with the OG "Sweet Transvestite".

I'm just buying Bo, Tri-Borg, and the costumes, that is, if they are good. I at least expect a new one for Tanya :/
You might want to not expect an alt for the DLCs since the only DLC from a NRS game to get one (so far) is Zod (and that was because of the Man of Steel film). Not saying it's not gonna happen but it hasn't been their thing.

I know I wasn't actually saying I was the only one I was just saying that because A lot of people on this site are immediately bashing it (for good reason) but aren't exactly taking what we got and making the best of it.
I don't blame the bashing. As soon as I saw Leatherface in the trailer I thought the trailer was fake because he looked so terrible. But then I kept watching and it turns out the trailer wasn't fake unfortunately for the most part. I can't judge Bo Rai Cho because I've never really looked into him but I'm happy about Cyrax, Sektor, and Cyber Smoke (at least that's who I think it was) and I'm interested in the Alien/Baraka hybrid. But fucking Leatherface, I'm not too thrilled for. Leatherface might not be bad, he definitely has potential to be good. But regardless, they really should've had an actual MK character in his place instead. Seriously.

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Alien is hype as fuck. I don't really give a shit about anyone else. IMO, if they were going to go with Alien and Leatherface (How random?), they should have just gone full guest mode and included Terminator as well.

But, anyway, Alien looks awesome. Can't wait to fuck people up with acid. (Dear NRS: Please include face-huggers in Alien's moveset, in some capacity)

And finally, BUFF JASON.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Hey why don't they just make a separate game for horror/Sci fi characters? Leave MK alone.
Leather Face and Alien really? Bo Rai Cho I can deal with since I played enough of MKD and MKA back in the day and the new Cyborg looks interesting. But seriously though, two more guests again, which you can clearly see Ed Boon written all over it, since he is big fans of the films.

It's MK and the fans want MK characters and we already had Jason and Predator, so why not put in fan favorites of Fujin, Shang Tsung or Baraka for example.
Alien and leatherface -___- and 3 cyborgs in 1 sounds stupid, bo rai cho gets the seal of approval though

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Slim Jim Face better be top-tier material out the door for takin up that spot though. Dont be comin up in here with no "punishable on everything, terrible poke range, slow startup frames on everything, no legit wakeup" stuff. You hear me?

kantboy-2

Ripper
Torr as a Frankenstein creature and Ferra with an Igor outfit. Perfection.

I'm thinking Takeda, Cassie and Jacqui get the costume pack with the Alien since they have a Colonial Marine vibe with the original designs.