What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

Gamer68

Fujin!
Let me quote myself here:

I wish we would get a comment from NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. regarding their KP2 character selection. So, so many MK fans are upset. It doesn't matter where you go (TYM, Reddit, YouTube, Twitter, etc) -- the vast majority of fans are disappointed.

I also hope NRS/WB learns from this. In-fact, I hope they learn from all of their mistakes MKX had. Which includes (but probably isn't limited to):
  • Poor netcode.
  • Bad DLC choices.
  • Disappointing launch roster.
  • Microtransaction shenanigans.
  • Pre-Order bonus shenanigans.
  • Season Passes that doesn't even include everything in that Season (Brazil and Kold War skins as an example).
  • Terrible PC port, which took months before it was fixed.
  • Nerfing how many Koins you earn to make unlocking everything harder... and then offering a quick unlock for $20.
  • Repetitive game-modes.
  • Story inconsistencies.
  • Lack of communication between NRS and the fanbase.
  • Massive teases/trolling for characters that won't actually make the cut (example: Fujin. Unless they surprise us with post-KP2 characters).
I will never understand why there are people defending that ^

I love Mortal Kombat, I grew up with it like most major fans, and I consider myself just that. A "Major Fan". It's easily my favorite series of all time, and I've played all the games (besides MK: Special Forces and MK: Sub-Zero Mythologies). Anyone could ask me what my favorite series is, and I would say "Mortal Kombat". But I'm not afraid to admit that Mortal Kombat X has been disappointing in it's entirety so far. The gameplay and presentation is great, but everything else is disappointing.

I'm sure a lot of it is Warner Bros.' fault, but so what? Just because it's Warner Bros.' fault doesn't give me a reason to justify everything I listed and to "deal with it". Both WB and NRS needs to know that all of that isn't acceptable. I swear, if this was EA, Ubisoft, or Activision everyone would be complaining beyond belief -- but some how WB get's away with it.

I won't be buying the Kombat Pack 2. I will only be buying Tri-Borg, Bo' Rai Cho, and The Pit (if that isn't free). I also won't be pre-ordering Injustice 2 and if it releases and it turns out to have bad netcode, I will either: Wait for a Ultimate Edition, wait until it goes on-sale months later and then buy it. You know what they say, "Vote with your wallets" and I will be doing just that. I also encourage anyone who doesn't like KP2 to do this. Don't "Deal with it", just don't buy it/buy what you want.
The best way to show NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. that you don't like the Kombat Pack 2 is not to buy it. Just don't buy it. Like I mentioned, I will only be buying Tri-Borg and Bo' Rai Cho -- I will be skipping Leatherface and Alien.

Don't want to support guest characters? Don't buy them. Or maybe with you it's vise versa -- you aren't interested in the MK characters but are interested in the guests? Then just buy the guests. Don't like any of the characters? Then don't buy any of the characters. Or maybe you like all the characters? Then buy the Kombat Pack 2. Buy want you want, and don't buy what you don't want.

It's really that simple. Vote with your wallets.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
biggest no shit of the century. as for your points of the problems, the netcode literally nothing can be done about since they are under contract that they have to use the unreal 3 engine since that is what WB pays for and the unreal 3 engine is the problem, it is a deep rooted problem within the coding that would have to force them to remake the engine from the ground up and WB wont let them take the time and resources to do that, with repetitive game modes, it is a fucking fighting game, the whole point is to fight, this isnt an open world RPG this isnt an action adventure or party game with a shit ton of minigames even though MK does have some, this is a fighting game, and before you point out how the 3d ones had them, they were simple distractions that were made possible by already having 3 other games to copy and paste the gameplay from so they had time, i doubt WB gives them that time of day, the rest checks out except for 2, the starting character roster and DLC choices CANNOT be labeled as a problem since those are SUBJECTIVE, just because you dont like them doesnt mean everyone hates them, I for one love the starting roster AND the dlc choices (besides leather face) even if i dont play the dlc characters, im just happy that there are more characters to extend the life of MKX. but yeah kind of thought that it was obvious, that if you dont like something dont buy it. pretty self explanitory

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
biggest no shit of the century. as for your points of the problems, the netcode literally nothing can be done about since they are under contract that they have to use the unreal 3 engine since that is what WB pays for and the unreal 3 engine is the problem, it is a deep rooted problem within the coding that would have to force them to remake the engine from the ground up and WB wont let them take the time and resources to do that, with repetitive game modes, it is a fucking fighting game, the whole point is to fight, this isnt an open world RPG this isnt an action adventure or party game with a shit ton of minigames even though MK does have some, this is a fighting game, and before you point out how the 3d ones had them, they were simple distractions that were made possible by already having 3 other games to copy and paste the gameplay from so they had time, i doubt WB gives them that time of day, the rest checks out except for 2, the starting character roster and DLC choices CANNOT be labeled as a problem since those are SUBJECTIVE, just because you dont like them doesnt mean everyone hates them, I for one love the starting roster AND the dlc choices (besides leather face) even if i dont play the dlc characters, im just happy that there are more characters to extend the life of MKX. but yeah kind of thought that it was obvious, that if you dont like something dont buy it. pretty self explanitory
Isn't Street Fighter 5 on the Unreal 3 engine?

Gamer68

Fujin!
I respect your opinions. Obviously not everyone is going to agree.

By the way, by "repetitive game-modes" I meant things like The Living Towers. You start running into the same modifiers over and over again after a few hours. There was also a lack of Mini-Games. MK9 had a bunch of different Mini-Games and a ton of unique challenges that sometimes had context/story -- especially the PS Vita version, which included even more challenges and added 2 new Mini-Games. I just feel like MKX was lacking that kind of stuff.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
It seems like people think their opinions about subjects that have been discussed in 200 other thread already are worth of posting in new, separate threads today. So I'm doing the same.

So yeah I don't mind KP2. Sure I'd have loved to see Fujin or Noob instead of Leatherface, but I'm not gonna cry about it. Happy that we're finally breaking the October support deadline curse.

If you have something to say about this, please don't reply below. Instead, create new threads with your replies/opinions. If a mod can now close this thread to ensure that doesn't happen, it would be great.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I wonder if these threads will get closed or completely erased from the internet... Genuine question, I might make a thread and ask ;)