What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

Narayan

The Edenian Assassin
Uh clearly there will be story kombat pack 3 they want us to forget these chars were alrdy made with exception to variation system.
do you really think this will be the case though if they go for injustice 2 in the upcoming year? cause I heavily doubt anyone's interest will be reignited if they have no new content for over a year or two and then suddenly have a story pack available

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=159118

dunno if this was posted yet

just read some of this- apparently tri Borg is is own self and not just three different versions of cyborgs. has his own voice and has intro specific dialogue .

so drunken variation confirmed pretty much for brc - but it's says mkonline had him at the most requested character - EDIT: sorry - read this to fast and quoted it wrong and jumped to conclusions-. they really said that he was voted best of Kp2 after the fact. I'm still kinda iffy of this but I can't deny that this one is false .

Last edited:
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=159118

dunno if this was posted yet

just read some of this- apparently tri Borg is is own self and not just three different versions of cyborgs. has his own voice and has intro specific dialogue .

so drunken variation confirmed pretty much for brc - but it's says mkonline had him at the most requested character - okay that's some straight bullshit ass researching or they rigged the poles like they did here in Florida . garuntee it was smoke noob or fujin for most requested .
You misread, they voted him the best character out of the Kombat Pack 2 in a poll, I have no idea where you read that they said he was the most requested.

KCJ506

Noob
Brian Chard stated that this would have been his personal picks for KP2.

Fujin
Havik
Sareena
Khameleon

With the exception of Khameleon, I would have been pretty down with this. It's a lot better than the one we ended up with.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
NoRaiCho deserves equal blame.

Adding one of the least requested characters "just because", while people practically beg for months for highly requested ones stings just as much as two extra guest.
Dont know where you're getting least requested so cause I saw him fairly heavily requested.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Dont know where you're getting least requested so cause I saw him fairly heavily requested.
No way. Any time one person mentioned him there were two or three to say "please no Bo". You didn't see that happen with any other heavily requested chars like Noob, Fujin, Sindel, etc.

On top of that the poll on TYM had him with one of the least amounts of votes, getting tripled by more desired chars. On different websites, he had low numbers as well and never once saw him in a top ten. Most polls look like this-

http://www.poll-maker.com/results371272xa5d14356-14#tab-2

Where he has 2% of the vote. Other polls that show ranking order always land him at 12 or 14 or 11. Guys like Noob win half of the fan vote polls and don't make the roster, but guys who get 2% votes make it.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub
No way. Any time one person mentioned him there were two or three to say "please no Bo". You didn't see that happen with any other heavily requested chars like Noob, Fujin, Sindel, etc.

On top of that the poll on TYM had him with one of the least amounts of votes, getting tripled by more desired chars. On different websites, he had low numbers as well and never once saw him in a top ten. Most polls look like this-

Where he has 2% of the vote. Other polls that show ranking order always land him at 12 or 14 or 11. Guys like Noob win half of the fan vote polls and don't make the roster, but guys who get 2% votes make it.
Don't get me wrong on that last post saying I would have not preferred Bo over Fujin or Noob. I know you're not making that assumption, just want to clarify.

I definitely saw all those posts as well saying "no to Bo" and the polls obviously add up to what you're saying. However, there are many times where I saw people also asking for Bo Rai Cho. I don't think its fair to say that just because as many people that didn't want Bo also wanted him, he wasn't heavily requested. He was just as heavily disdained.

Unfortunately, we got who we got in this new KP (I'm looking at those stupid guests) but I do think it would be fair to be give NRS the chance to revamp Bo into a more serious fighter compared to his previous incarnations before we completely shit on NRS for choosing Bo over the others.

KCJ506

Noob
Tanya was completely redesigned from her 3D era incarnation.

What makes people think BRC won't get the same overhaul?

I find myself asking similar questions whenever I see anyone that seems so adamant against post trilogy characters making a return. Yeah a lot of their movesets were pretty lackluster and some of them were just given other character's movesets, but the pre trilogy characters weren't the best in 3D era either. If the post trilogy characters were given a chance, NRS could improve them and they'd end up being great.

I mean in MKvsDC, the DC character's movesets weren't very good. However NRS did a much better job with them in Injustice.

And even though there are tons of characters I would have preferred over BRC, I'm interested in seeing how NRS revamped him. Perhaps this will stop people from being so narrow minded against pretty much any character that debuted after MK3.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I agree but Alien doesn't have a different body like Motaro though; It is still bipedal.

This doesn't make sense...
What doesn't?I basically all guest characters we have gotten in NRS have fitted like a glove besides Scorpion...I called it a slap in the face because he was shove in because of boon's love affair with the character and in my opinion didn't fit at all with the DC universe and especially for the tone of Injustice. BTw, fit like a glove is a reference to an old cartoon I use to watch as a kid. anyway, look man that is what it means if you are still confuse then I don't know what to say. It seems when people wanna hate on NRS they don't wanna be challenge and shoot down at attempts to correct them.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
I seriously hope KP2 fails. I've even started a thread on TRMK asking people to pledge to boycott KP2. This is a Category 5 insult to the very people who made Ed Boon rich for the last 23 years. From fansites to social media, we as a fanbase have made it clear that we wanted ALL returning MK characters for this one. Fujin, Sindel, Li Mei, Frost, Noob Saibot, Rain, Havik...all had major support, and THIS is what we get? Fuck KP2.
In these last 23 years you should have seen by now that these guys, unlike any other FG developers, have the balls to change dramatically both mechanics and roster in every single title.

But no, you want capcom. You can still play ryu and guile you know (notice that I don't mention game title) after all these years

And this is not about KP2. It's about the timeline you mentioned and your intents after a 4 character reveal.

If whining could harm them, they wouldn't still be in the business

but it's says mkonline had him at the most requested character - okay that's some straight bullshit ass researching or they rigged the poles like they did here in Florida . garuntee it was smoke noob or fujin for most requested .
Why would you think that? They have the poll data, it is so typical that when people get something they do not want then assume there is some conspiracy, the fact is that MANY people were strong supported of BRC, myself included.

It is just so arrogant. I dislike this guy and I saw a few posts that agree ith me.. so everyone must agree with me. What a load of bullshit.

I seriously hope KP2 fails. I've even started a thread on TRMK asking people to pledge to boycott KP2.
This is just beyond stupid. It is DLC, if you do not like it, do not buy it.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
The problem is that because of fatalities, the guest characters have to be from slashers/horrors since it wouldn't look right if say someone like Ryu (dumb example I know) was ripped apart. As a result, guest characters simply do not work and here's why:

-These characters are not fighters, they don't know martial arts. The closest to a fighter out of all of them is Predator, which is still a stretch because its not like you see him doing martial arts in the movies. They just pop up from behind the corner and stab you once and your dead.

-These guys don't talk, which takes away a lot of the energy a fast-paced fighter has. Shouting out gibberish for a special or a short 1-liner in between rounds keeps the flow of energy going during the match. Also the Jason vs Jason mirror is really awkward to hear.

-Not a fan of any of these movies but I assume people don't watch these horrors for the characters. I'm a fan of the grudge, but its not like I have any attachment to the character, in fact its a different ghost every movie. Horror movies are just there for scare value. We've always daydreamed about having super powers or being able to kungfu the shit out of anyone, but do people ever want to actually be a dude who wears people's skins and murders with a chainsaw?

I made a post about it before MKX came out and I got lots of backlash but I'll say it again, Mortal Kombat could be a better game without fatalities (but worse for sales). It would open the game to a broader audience (younger and squeamish), save some production value, eliminate a repetitive feature simply there for 'shock value' that adds nothing to game-play, make character personality more consistent (am I supposed to believe that every single character wants to kill their opponent in the most glorified and brutal way?), change the way the public views the game (not as that immature game for gore lovers), and allow better-suited guest characters. Of course they'll keep them for sales, but why do we have to keep fake reacting to fatalities, and pretending that they are not a bore to watch a hundred times over?
Wt...yo look. "problem" & "fatalities" don't go together

Half of the roster doesn't practice martial arts, are you blind, or know nothing about them?

Jason's punches talk, you just need good ear to understand them, also w8 to hear the chainsaw language, you'll be thrilled

Ofc you don't have any attachment with sissy ghosts, ofc you can't understand classic horror if you don't like it. I haven't heard about super powers + kung fu incidents, the other case though... you might wanna google some stuff. This entire paragraph of yours was futile

Seems the backlash you got wasn't enough because you're repeating yourself. Try anime fighters, they'll suit you better

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Why would you think that? They have the poll data, it is so typical that when people get something they do not want then assume there is some conspiracy, the fact is that MANY people were strong supported of BRC, myself included.

It is just so arrogant. I dislike this guy and I saw a few posts that agree ith me.. so everyone must agree with me. What a load of bullshit.

edit- misread article makes way more sense now

also I just want to point out my argument was with the article not brc himself- I'm actually one of the people who co-signed that if he wasn't all about farts and vomit and actually showed that he is the badass that trained so many - I'd rock with him.

I was reading the article off of a Twitter link (small text) and misread it. it was my mistake

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
You misread, they voted him the best character out of the Kombat Pack 2 in a poll, I have no idea where you read that they said he was the most requested.
ahh then maybe that's the culprit- maybe I mis read it - I'll double check but still - I don't think I've seen that poll either- most have been on the tri Borg train and alien train ...but if I read it wrong that would make more sense

edit- did misread - makes way more sense now -thanks .

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Yes, it is pretty idiotic. No one is forcing you to purchase anything. If you don't like it, don't play it. The world is not gonna end. I'm not gonna slit my wrists and make a tantrum online because Con-air Nicolas Cage is not in a video game. I could give 2 shits if Reptile is in the game or not, I'll enjoy it anyway because I'm an adult with a normal functioning brain who is entertained when well-designed game mechanics come together. You seem to care too much about the made up stories of pixels in the screen that change colors when you press buttons.
Damn son,my freezer is warmer than you.

trufenix

bye felicia

oh shit people, we got poll results.

#rainfans
#hoodfans
now #fujinfans

The internet cannot lie. Never forget the treachery of NRS.

Lo0py

Noob

Yeah, there could be a better DLC characters choice. I mean i am happy for the people gettin Bo Rai Cho, but i for one didn't want him, leatherface or even alien at all.. Guest characters in general are stupid.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Yeah, there could be a better DLC characters choice. I mean i am happy for the people gettin Bo Rai Cho, but i for one didn't want him, leatherface or even alien at all.. Guest characters in general are stupid.
This could've been some permutation of these characters for KP2:
Bo' Rai Cho*
A Cyborg
Havik
Noob
Any woman besides Sindel, Sheeva, or Sareena.

*I would metaphorically have a heart attack if this had happened.

KP2 has my number 1 and 2 pick in it, good.
Xenoraka is pretty damn creative, cool.
A dude who has a chainsaw, pretty sweet.

Any other choice would've been disinteresting to me, but I still would've bought the pack. More content is more content after all.