What's new

Who will you be maining in MK11 and why?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
  1. Skarlet (Legacy Curve)
  2. Kung Lao (Legact Curve)
  3. Erron (interesting)
  4. Cassie (Second shot, dropped her in MKX)
  5. Cage (Will try to stick with, played with occasionally)
  6. Liu Kang (Seems interesting, Ninja Killa Esque)
  7. Frost (will completely decide after i see some gameplay)
  8. Noob Saibot (looks fun)
  9. Jacqui (Looks like Bruce Irvin/Josie Rizal)
  10. Jax (TJ Combo plus new stuff is interesting)
  11. Geras (Possibly just to feel out)
Characters i will definitey not main
  1. The Kollector (nothing on him clicks on him, not impressed)
  2. Cetrion (Not impressed might still pick up over Kollector)
  3. Raiden (feels way empty to me)
  4. Sonya (Meh)
  5. Scorpion (I don't feel him in this game at all)
  6. Kabal (Didn't like it)

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Tricky decision for me personally.

MK11 will be the first fighting game for me personally, where I'll try to actually git gud and into the genre for real. Since MVC3 and MK9 I was only watching tournaments and button mashing. So I know what fundamentals are, but I don't have them.

My favorite MK characters are Smoke, Noob Saibot, Rain and Sektor. Right now I only have Noob, so I will be playing Noob.
I still have to be careful to not develop bad habits with Noob (for example spamming clones all day long and dropping dead as soon as someone gets in), if he happens to be such a character. So I might end up playing characters like Kabal and Jade more than I would have wanted, just to develop better fundamentals: Footsies, decision making, reactions, execution etc..

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I'm undecided but the following interest me:

• Noob Saibot
  • Cassie
  • Erron Black
  • Kabal
  • Sub Zero
  • Kollector
  • Cetrion
  • Liu Kang
  • Shang Tsung
Still waiting to see the rest of the cast and DLC, who am I kidding I'm gonna test them all.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
100% going in with her because she was my first female fighting game character.

And let's be honest, she has the best redesign ever.

Once a Lin Kuei, always a Lin Kuei.

Kenshi may be gone but in his place is an Emerald Sithlord that I adore after the beta.

There are fates worse than Death.

Next to Kitana's redesign, Raiden's look and gameplay looks so badass. I love how he uses lightning in a more corrupted manner.

Erron, Noob, D'vorah are also on my radar too :D since I played them in MKX

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Been always an ice and wind main. Will try Sub Zero and Frost, firstmost, and then I want to try the new characters (Cetrion, Geras and Kollektor). If Fujin makes it in even as DLC, he's insta main for me. I'll lab the rest for possible ways to deal against them and their shit.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
I’ll be using Erron and Noob no doubt, but still undecided on a third. Currently waiting on Frost and Shao Kahn gameplay. Very interested in Liu Kang.

Earthrealm ain't gonna defend itself, so I'll main Sonya et Johnny.

I'll also main Skarlet, because I loved her in MK9 and her redesign is awesome.

I'll probably have a pocket Cassie, Frost and Jade too (and of course Shang Tsung when he'll be released).

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
Only characters that in my opinion look cool interest me. So far:

I) Scorpion
II) Noob Saibot
III) Johnny Cage
IV) Erron Black
V) Kotal Kahn

Characters that I have no interest in, I will only play them to unlock their arcade endings and will never touch again:

I) Skarlet
II) Jade
III) Kano
IV) Jacqui
V) Sonya

Okay so question:: How many characters does it constitute before it doesn't count as a main anymore? Usually 1-2 right?

1. Jade. I like Low-tier characters and she's always been low-tier since way back in UMK3 and I have a keen liking to her as well. One of the few females who stood out to me in the character select screen way back when. She's not good at all in this game but I can say I did use her and will continue to submit to using her to prove a lot of you wrong.

2. Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn. Villians who both had important designs and roles in their prime; both were the original two bosses of the series and has nothing been rivaled ever since. Trying picking Shang in MK9 but he wasn't as good as I expected and Shao Kahn hasn't been in my hands since Deception ('04) and I have to get him again.

*3. Baraka. Contrary to popular belief, he is NOT a jobber and deserves so much more love than what he gets currently. At the very least, his 3rd variation feels good (Bone Deep is amazing with an amazing DB3 anti-air) and I like that about him this time. He feels like he should have already been in MK9.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
Most likely Liu Kang, he's suited me before and you can't go wrong with Bruce Lee, can you?

I also want to try Kung Lao, I love his kung fu as well. I can definitely see myself maining him too, it comes down to who feels the best to play.

Usually I keep a pocket Scorpion. Based on the beta, that won't change either.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Johnny's been my main since the first Mortal Kombat, except for MKX where he became my co-main with Stunt Double. Surprisingly, it wasn't his Nut Punch that got me interested in the guy, but rather his Shadow Kick. I first started using him because I liked his whole movie-star personality, and while I still like that, he's also the character that I've been able to work the best with due to his focus on footsies and rushdown. This version of Johnny not only has all of that, but he's got a great projectile and finally has a low starter.

The second guy is Erron Black. He was my main in the previous game with his Outlaw variation. Although he seems to be not as good at footsies as he was in the previous games due to the lack of his Tarkatan Blade, he still has his tick throws and his gunplay.

After that, I'll have to see, but I have had interest in Kano and Noob.

Hard to answer without knowing the available varations and there a still a few characters to be revealed.

But characters who currently have my interest:

1. Kung Lao: Great moveset and best animations in the game as far as i am concerned. Also he has been a favorite of mine since Shaolin Monks.
  2. Liu Kang: Biggest surprise for me. Didn't expect to like him as much as i do. Great character model with fluid animations. He also looks really strong. Perhaps the most complete fighter they have showed so far. Strong zoning and rushdown.
  3. Sub-Zero: It has been a while since i have been interested in playing Sub-zero but i like the fact they made him into a offensief character in MK11. Seems like a good mixup character with tools to get around zoning.
  4. Noob: MK trilogy favorite of mine. His zoning playstyle doesnt really suit me but i just love his design and he brings back some good memories.
  5. Kabal: Very strong character who i really enjoyed playing in the beta.
  6. Jacqui: Hated her in MKX but great redesign by NRS. I really like the fact, she went from being a zoner to a heavy rushdown character. Seems to be one of the faster characters in the game.
Characters on my radar:
  1. Shao Kahn: My favorite MK villian. Can't wait to see how he has turned out.
  2. D'vorah: A character unlike any other. Very unique design. Looking forward to seeing more from her next week.
  3. Shang Tsung: My second favorite villian of the series, who is now played by the OG Shang Tsung. How could he not be on my radar.

Last edited: