AUS FGC represent!
Chacraters that could potentially be cut:

- ares
- black Adam
- bane
- Grundy
- hawkgirl
- lobo
- doomsday ( although his inclusion in batman vs supermen smokes this less likely)
- scorpion
- deathstroke (although given teen titans and his stint in arrow this is less likely)
- killer frost
- Sinestro
- Zod

Zatanna was literally requested heaps so I actually think she'll make the cut. Batgirl has a hugely popular comic book series atm and Martian Manhunter is also a fan favourite hence their likely inclusion in injustice 2. Shazam although he died in one time line is alive in the other, he's also a staple chacrater of the new DC animated movies so it's not very likely that they'd cut him. Raven, nightwing and cyborg (along with beast boy and star fire which I think will be included this time around) form the teen titans. Given the success of Teen Titans Go, I see their likely return.

Everyone else not mentioned is literally almost certain to make it.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
When Injustice 2's cycle is done, come out with Injustice 2: MKXL Edition - with all the characters and stages from both games - and you can choose your announcer.

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
I personally think that Green Lantern wont return, which seems strange but hear me out:
The one big reason I believe Green Lantern wont be back in I2 is because of the way Ed Boon described Atrocitus. He described him as being somewhat more of a more aggressive Green Lantern, and although after seeing gameplay of him I don't see much a resemblance of Green Lantern in Atrocitus; I think the idea of them being similar still stands.
The reason I don't think he'll be back is because why would you have 2 characters that are identical? If Atrocitus is already like Green Lantern but more aggressive, then why add Green Lantern?
I'm probably totally wrong, but that's just my opinion.

SoV N3RO

G.O.A.T Robin
Oh also, speaking of Zod;
I dont see him coming back just because I've seen a lot of resemblance of Zod in Supergirl.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Bane was neither broke nor the best-designed grappler in the game. His command grab was just one of the (lol armored) mix-ups he could oki you to death with off a knockdown when he dashed in from half screen.

Grundy was all grabs and damage and a damn hard time getting in to land em but oh boy when he did... Now THAT'S a grappler.

That being said, they were both my two all-time personal favorites when it comes to NRS character design and to leave either or heaven forbid both out of the sequel would be a damn shame. Unless they combine them into one with motherfucking Swamp Thing.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
What the hell am I looking at? Bane is fucking BUSTED. Who else can turn on their trait on and go in and abuse armored moves until it ran out? Don't get me started about Lvl 3 when he can ARMOR BREAK and bust Doomy's trait as well (That matchup is ass by the way thank you very much)

Let me remind you guys on how much you complained about his cooldown after trait wore off and how much more damage you took during said cooldown as well. The "needed" buffs [better dash, less cooldown (wtf really?), less damage taken during trait activation] were an absolute bill on every level.

All that literally made him the BEST GRAPPLER IN THE GAME. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Stop it already.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I hate to say it, but I dont think KF is gonna make it in this go around, a shame cause she was my main in Injustice. I also think that Bane, Grundy, Batgirl, Catwoman, Ares, Zod, Lobo, and probably Nightwing are gonna sit this one out. And death doesnt and shouldnt play a part in a fighting game, with comic characters that been around for years, and hell even decades. Damian killed Dick but Nightwing was the primary while Damian was the alt. I may be wrong, but I dont remember seeing Dick in the story mode

inb4 Dick jokes :DOGE

BartenderJeeves

Almost a bartender, but not exactly a bartender.
I'm pretty sure Killer Frost, General Zod, Doomsday, Solomon Grundy and Lobo won't make it at all. Every other character has a chance chance at making it except these guys

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I hate to say it, but I dont think KF is gonna make it in this go around, a shame cause she was my main in Injustice. I also think that Bane, Grundy, Batgirl, Catwoman, Ares, Zod, Lobo, and probably Nightwing are gonna sit this one out. And death doesnt and shouldnt play a part in a fighting game, with comic characters that been around for years, and hell even decades. Damian killed Dick but Nightwing was the primary while Damian was the alt. I may be wrong, but I dont remember seeing Dick in the story mode

inb4 Dick jokes :DOGE
Dick was in the first chapter and helped Batman, Raven, and Cyborg fight Lex, Bane, Catwoman, and Grundy in the watchtower.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I personally think that Green Lantern wont return, which seems strange but hear me out:
The one big reason I believe Green Lantern wont be back in I2 is because of the way Ed Boon described Atrocitus. He described him as being somewhat more of a more aggressive Green Lantern, and although after seeing gameplay of him I don't see much a resemblance of Green Lantern in Atrocitus; I think the idea of them being similar still stands.
The reason I don't think he'll be back is because why would you have 2 characters that are identical? If Atrocitus is already like Green Lantern but more aggressive, then why add Green Lantern?
I'm probably totally wrong, but that's just my opinion.
Well I think he says an aggressive Green Lantern comes from lore, not just gameplay. Red Lanterns are the rage version of a GL so more aggressive. Gameplay wise they're totally different with Atrocitus having a more rush down gameplay while GL could zone and space out. Him saying that was probably clarity for non-comic book readers

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Was he higher tier? Hell yes that character was so fucking broken. Like mmh AM and Zod broke.

I'm just talking about an interesting grappler who had one of the most creative designs ever conceived. That award goes to Solomon fucking Grundy. He has tic throws and 80% combos if the conditions were right. Walking corpse cancels are perfect for a zombie grappler. Bane was just kinda brain dead flow chart. Fucking good but brain dead flow chart
He had TOD combos if the conditions were right :cool:. And @Olcadan13, Grundy had like 5-6 tic throws

1 trait, 112 trait, d2 trait, f13 trait, and I think d1 trait was a tic throw

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Ares, Killer Frost, and Scorpion are the only ones I think are 100% gone forever.

Then good chance of being cut.
Lobo, Zod, Sinestro, Zatana, Grundy, Hawkgirl, Raven, MMH, Batgirl, Bane, Doomsday.

Maybe cut.
Catwoman, Lex, Nightwing.

Should be cut but probably wont.
Cyborg.
Wut.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
If Ares is in WW movie next year he isn't going anywhere. He will be one of the first wave dlc if not the launch roster.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I'm surprised people say Catwoman won't be in it. How many characters on the first injustice were more popular and overall known than Catwoman? Six? Seven? I'm kinda indeferent towars her, but she is one of the most popular and well known characters DC has, she is not going anywhere.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What the hell am I looking at? Bane is fucking BUSTED. Who else can turn on their trait on and go in and abuse armored moves until it ran out? Don't get me started about Lvl 3 when he can ARMOR BREAK and bust Doomy's trait as well (That matchup is ass by the way thank you very much)

Let me remind you guys on how much you complained about his cooldown after trait wore off and how much more damage you took during said cooldown as well. The "needed" buffs [better dash, less cooldown (wtf really?), less damage taken during trait activation] were an absolute bill on every level.

All that literally made him the BEST GRAPPLER IN THE GAME. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Stop it already.
Doomsday and Grundy. And yeah, I'm sure to a DD player any MU that made you think further than "derp better ES" might be seen as a broken or bad one. In reality? Probably not worse than 6-4 max

Superman can break DD trait too. And his doesn't have a downside, and it lasts longer.

We didn't complain about anything, honestly. We were content with Bane after they made his dash not completely ass. It was every other community who did the complaining for us. We warned you guys that he was fine and viable, but yet he sat at the bottom of your tier lists until 1.06 when you had no choice but to acknowledge him.

Also he isn't a grappler. He is a brawler. Learn your archetypes.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Most of the characters are on/were just on TV shows and movies so I doubt theyd be not included: Hawkgirl, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Superman, Deathstroke, MMHunter, Harley, Joker, Wonder Woman, Frost.